Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Freeware Total Extreme Wrestling 2005 > Freeware TEW 2005 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-10-2018, 04:49 PM

Default Installation for TEW 2005 broken?

Is the installation for the freeware TEW 2005 broken? I wanted to get a taste of these wrestling games so I downloaded the free one and when I went to install it it told me to restart my computer as an administrative but I was already on an administrative account. So I restarted my computer and went to install it again and it told me to do the same thing. Can anyone help me?
Unread 07-11-2018, 01:41 AM
GDS Developer

Moved to the correct forum.

No, the installer is not broken. It sounds like you are confusing running a program in administrator mode and using an administrative account, which are two entirely different things. The former is achieved by right clicking on the program's icon and selecting Run As Administrator and is necessary regardless of your account.

For more exact help, however, you'd really need to give the precise text of the message and explain when it happens; it's not clear whether you mean it happens immediately upon trying to start the installer, during installation, or when it's trying to finish.
Unread 07-12-2018, 12:23 AM

Default TEW 2005 installation

This is what it says You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account. I then press ok then a new message pops up saying This system must be restarted to complete the installation. Click the ok button to restart this computer. Press cancel to return to windows without restarting. I press ok to restart my computer but once Im logged back on nothing is installed. Ive tried this over and over again with the same result. Im just so confused why it wont install even when Im logged on as an administrator account.
Unread 07-12-2018, 01:34 AM
GDS Developer

As mentioned in my previous post, you need to be running the installer in admin mode. You do this by right clicking on it and selecting Run As Administrator. You do not sound like you are doing this at present. Please try that (or confirm that you alread have.)

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 07-12-2018 at 01:45 AM.
Unread 07-12-2018, 03:57 PM

Default I got it working but

I clicked on the installation and ran it as administrator but then an error message popped up saying The file C:\Windows\system32\stdole2.tbl could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory. Ive never received that message before.
Unread 07-13-2018, 02:30 AM
GDS Developer

I did a quick Google search and the results (here) suggest that you don't have the 32bit Visual Basic files necessary to use programs written in that language - I would guess that you're either using a 64bit operating system or you're using a newer copy where those files are not included as standard.

I will try and find where you can get the necessary files from.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 07-13-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Unread 07-13-2018, 02:45 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you so much I really want to get a taste of what these games are like
Unread 07-13-2018, 10:21 AM
GDS Developer

You could try to hunt down some of the old JET/MDAC install files. But I'm not sure how the installs work in Windows 10. What I would do is run the installer from one of our later demos (ie, TEW2013): http://download.elicense.com/GDS/TEW2013_DEMO.EXE

This should install that file and the others you would need. Then, you can try to run TEW2005. Some of these files were part of the OS back when 2005 was released, we've since added them to installers in later versions.
Unread 07-13-2018, 11:48 AM

I installed the TEW 2013 demo fine but when I went back to install TEW 2005 the same error message came up
Unread 07-13-2018, 12:00 PM
GDS Developer

I have PMed you a couple of test installers, please see there.