Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-13-2014, 03:29 AM
Phenom

I just won the South West regional battle as IPW in February after being 2nd in January. Now the long, long road to the top of the wrestling world begins.
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:32 AM
Low Minors

Just finished TLC 2010 in my game started in June.

Card:
WWE: Wade Barrett (c) def. Randy Orton in a TLC Match
Tag: The Nexus (Sheffield and Slater) (c) def. Hart Dynasty, Kings of Wrestling and The Usos in a Ladder Match
World: Jack Swagger (c) def. The Undertaker in a TLC Match
Brock Lesnar def. John Morrison in a Tables Match
CM Punk def. Edge
Bray Wyatt def. Santino Marella
IC: Dolph Ziggler (c) def. Rey Mysterio in a Ladder Match
US: Evan Bourne (c) def. Chris Jericho and Sheamus

John Cena is currently a part of The Nexus and I'm loving my main storyline with the nexus which has been going on since the start and will culminate and Wrestlemania 27, tentative card is currently:

WWE: Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
World: Jack Swagger (c) vs. CM Punk
The Nexus vs. Team WWE (classic WM multi-person match)
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

The rest of the midcard is currently being worked on.
Unread 11-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4lru5 View Post
Warning: long post incoming.

As for the Booker T thing, I know. The Kanyon Era will just start a little earlier than I'd expected. Now all I need to do is figure out how to transition Kanyon into a feud with Goldberg over the belt (Goldberg has been feuding with Brock Lesnar, but that's easy to end).

Now, as to Nash. In May and June of 2001, Kevin Nash was nowhere to be seen (I gave him two months off at the start--he was kayfabe suspended for all his previous heel antics). At the same time, Jeff Jarrett was terrorizing the upper midcard by cheating (he won 11 consecutive matches without a clean pinfall), beating down GM Paul Heyman when he didn't get his way and generally making a nuisance of himself. Nash came out on the first Nitro of July and opened the show. Heyman gave him a mic and Nash apologized. In the new, heavily kayfabed WCW, the promo was shocking. He said he was sorry for his role in WCW's demise, for having been a backstage cancer, for hurting the promotion while he was the head booker. He said he understood that he could never be totally forgiven but that he wanted to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans. He explained that he did all that bad stuff because he thought that was the only way to make it in wrestling, but now he could see how wrong he had been. He asked Heyman to reinstate him and declared that he would devote the rest of his career to convincing young workers to not make the same mistakes he did. By the end, he had tears in his eyes. It was a nearly 10-minute unscripted promo (in my game's head-canon, even Heyman didn't know what he was going to say), and the audience, who two months before had been so tired of Nash that they never wanted to see him again were hanging on his every word.

He would be seen backstage showing moves to younger workers and, pointedly, trying to get Jarrett to listen to him. In spite of his new alignment, it was easy to see that most of the WCW backstage didn't quite trust him--until he proved his mettle. Every match Nash fought in from then on (11 over the course of July, August and September) featured some spot where he had previously done heel antics. Nash resisted the temptation. He lost 7 of the 11 matches (5 against Jarrett, mainly in Nitro main event tag matches), but he fought fair.

No matter what he did, though, Nash couldn't overcome Jeff Jarrett's cheating ways. "The Chosen One" refused to listen when Nash implored him to approach the business with a positive attitude, and every time they collided in the ring, Nash would be winning until Jarrett cheated and stole a victory. At Living Hell in September, Nash finally got Jarrett one-on-one and lost again when Jarrett's new manager Torrie interfered. Paul Heyman has granted him one last match with Jarrett at November's Mayhem, inside the Six Sides of Steel to avoid interference.

It's strange for many to see Kevin Nash as the #3 face in WCW, but it's a role he's growing into every week. He's promised to devote the rest of his career to this new quest, so it's something they should get used to. Even if he can't convince Jeff Jarrett.
Just out of interest in this mod what ratings does Nash have for face and heel. As reading through all that my only logical conclusion would be having Nash turn heel at the end and taking the title. Maybe even even starting up like an nwo 2.0 and being even worse than before.
Unread 11-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lily View Post
Just out of interest in this mod what ratings does Nash have for face and heel. As reading through all that my only logical conclusion would be having Nash turn heel at the end and taking the title. Maybe even even starting up like an nwo 2.0 and being even worse than before.
I agree...the seeds are there for him to say "I tried to play by the rules and that got me nowhere" and going back to his cheating ways. It really depends on how long he has in the ring before being in terminal decline. I think that would be a great "going out" storyline. He starts working with the ultimate babyface (whomever that may be in your WCW, preferably a young guy you're building up). This could be someone who is usually heavily outgunned in most battles, but manages to come out on top. And eventually, Nash gets tired of being shown up by following the rules, turning on his partner.

THEN I could see him forming a new nWo, to give the young guy some obstacles before facing and eventually beating/retiring Nash. Then Nash could still take up a different role, as a manager to a young heel to try to get revenge on the face.
Unread 11-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Just finished TLC 2010 in my game started in June.

Card:
WWE: Wade Barrett (c) def. Randy Orton in a TLC Match
Tag: The Nexus (Sheffield and Slater) (c) def. Hart Dynasty, Kings of Wrestling and The Usos in a Ladder Match
World: Jack Swagger (c) def. The Undertaker in a TLC Match
Brock Lesnar def. John Morrison in a Tables Match
CM Punk def. Edge
Bray Wyatt def. Santino Marella
IC: Dolph Ziggler (c) def. Rey Mysterio in a Ladder Match
US: Evan Bourne (c) def. Chris Jericho and Sheamus

John Cena is currently a part of The Nexus and I'm loving my main storyline with the nexus which has been going on since the start and will culminate and Wrestlemania 27, tentative card is currently:

WWE: Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
World: Jack Swagger (c) vs. CM Punk
The Nexus vs. Team WWE (classic WM multi-person match)
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

The rest of the midcard is currently being worked on.
Looks fun! I've wanted to go back and book the Nexus storyline right since they screwed it up. Looks like you're doing a good job
Unread 11-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lily View Post
He has a B+ for face and an A* for heel performance. He's apparently starting time decline (he's not on the list, but he signed a no-house-shows extension citing physical issues), but I think he's got a couple more good years left in him. One thing that's really important to me is that he stay face for the rest of his career. Maybe he'll take some young guys under his wing to feud with certain heels, maybe he'll take them on alone, but the redemption will be real. I eventually want him to feud with Kanyon over the title and have one last short face run with the belt if I can (he's at high-70s pop right now--all the storyline losses to Jarrett are taking a toll), he'll hold the belt for three months-ish towards the middle of 2002, and then he'll drop it back to Kanyon and move into a lower main event role. One thing for sure, though. He's never going to be a heel again.

I want the message of Nash's transformation to be that even though he loses, people respect him because he's a guy who fights fair, who goes out of his way to help people and doesn't care if he ends up on top at the end. Pretty much the opposite of real-life Kevin Nash. But that's the fun of TEW.
Unread 11-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Minor League

Agreed, walrus, turning Nash heel again makes the redemption pointless. It's modern-WWE level booking. The storyline is gold. I've just started the same mod but am not having nearly the success as you are right now. Hope to turn the corner soon.
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:29 PM
Major League

Quote:
As for the Booker T thing, I know. The Kanyon Era will just start a little earlier than I'd expected. Now all I need to do is figure out how to transition Kanyon into a feud with Goldberg over the belt (Goldberg has been feuding with Brock Lesnar, but that's easy to end).
Easy, just work Kanyon into Goldberg and Lesnar's feud. Have him cost Goldberg the feud and then phase Lesnar out of the storyline.
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
Easy, just work Kanyon into Goldberg and Lesnar's feud. Have him cost Goldberg the feud and then phase Lesnar out of the storyline.
Yeah, I'll probably do that. Kanyon's new gimmick got a 100, so he's sitting on low-90s popularity (don't know what his cap is yet, but I think 94-ish), 100 momentum and a 100 rated gimmick. He's an awesome guy to have as my champ.

I don't think Booker will ever be the same, and it's a shame. His head condition is at orange, the rest of his body is at yellow, and he got dinged a lot in the two matches I had him in. He'll have the problem for a year, but he still wants to be used (he's "working through the pain"). Do I give him the year off? Make him a manager? He's my second-most-popular face (85-86 nationwide, behind Ric Flair) and is currently in a promo-only feud with Sean O'Haire that I want to continue if possible.

On that note, one more question. Ric Flair and his New Horsemen (AJ Styles, Lance Storm and Bryan Daniels (Daniel Bryan)) have been feuding with the Natural Born Thrillers (Mike Sanders, Mark Jindrak and Chuck Palumbo. The feud has really petered out in recent weeks, but I'm not sure what to do with the Horsemen now. I'm thinking of having Arn Anderson start a competing stable, but I'm not sure... any thoughts?
Unread 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Major League

Quote:
Yeah, I'll probably do that. Kanyon's new gimmick got a 100, so he's sitting on low-90s popularity (don't know what his cap is yet, but I think 94-ish), 100 momentum and a 100 rated gimmick. He's an awesome guy to have as my champ.

I don't think Booker will ever be the same, and it's a shame. His head condition is at orange, the rest of his body is at yellow, and he got dinged a lot in the two matches I had him in. He'll have the problem for a year, but he still wants to be used (he's "working through the pain"). Do I give him the year off? Make him a manager? He's my second-most-popular face (85-86 nationwide, behind Ric Flair) and is currently in a promo-only feud with Sean O'Haire that I want to continue if possible.

On that note, one more question. Ric Flair and his New Horsemen (AJ Styles, Lance Storm and Bryan Daniels (Daniel Bryan)) have been feuding with the Natural Born Thrillers (Mike Sanders, Mark Jindrak and Chuck Palumbo. The feud has really petered out in recent weeks, but I'm not sure what to do with the Horsemen now. I'm thinking of having Arn Anderson start a competing stable, but I'm not sure... any thoughts?
To your first question, I would job Booker down the card to low Upper Midcard/high Midcard just to get some other lesser guys over. Until he's back to full fitness. Only have him wrestle occasionally and have a lot of angles, focussing on how he's losing and getting frustrated by it or something. Then when he's back to full fitness, make him charge back up the card (just make sure you don't bash his recent fortunes around too much) to the Main Event, maybe even make him the heel who takes the title off the rejuvenated Kevin Nash??.

As for the second question, no real idea. I never really watched WCW.
Unread 11-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Super Star

Put Booker on Color or make him a manager, as for the Horsemen, pick the future Flair and start pushing him, put the other two in a tag. Also bring in a fourth guy, even going back to the first group, it was four wrestlers and a manager. Then the story is, pushing the main guy, while building up the others, drawing some inspiration from earlier incarnations, it was always four guys who did their own thing but had each others backs.

So, for the main guy, have him feud with a upper mid/main eventer, your tag with a higher end tag or tag champs, and your new guy with the what ever division is lower then the main guy is in.
Unread 11-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Phenom

Quote:
I just won the South West regional battle as IPW in February after being 2nd in January. Now the long, long road to the top of the wrestling world begins.
Impressive! That's a solid start.
Unread 11-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticloser View Post
Put Booker on Color or make him a manager, as for the Horsemen, pick the future Flair and start pushing him, put the other two in a tag. Also bring in a fourth guy, even going back to the first group, it was four wrestlers and a manager. Then the story is, pushing the main guy, while building up the others, drawing some inspiration from earlier incarnations, it was always four guys who did their own thing but had each others backs.

So, for the main guy, have him feud with a upper mid/main eventer, your tag with a higher end tag or tag champs, and your new guy with the what ever division is lower then the main guy is in.
Opinions on AJ Styles as the main guy with Bryan Danielson, Lance Storm and...someone else?
Unread 11-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Super Star

If you can get Aj's mic skills up go for it, otherwise I would consider Bryan for the main guy, AJ as the lesser, and Storm, I would need to see more of your roster, but if Samoa Joe is on your roster and the right alignment, that would be a great team. Joe goes in and just beats a guy down, then Storm ties them up and stretches them. Plus you get the bonus of Joe learning from Storm
Unread 11-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by franticloser View Post
If you can get Aj's mic skills up go for it, otherwise I would consider Bryan for the main guy, AJ as the lesser, and Storm, I would need to see more of your roster, but if Samoa Joe is on your roster and the right alignment, that would be a great team. Joe goes in and just beats a guy down, then Storm ties them up and stretches them. Plus you get the bonus of Joe learning from Storm
I have Joe (as Joe Seanoa), but he's being managed by Ted DiBiase as the second member of Million Dollar Sports, LLC (along with Brock Lesnar). They're both undefeated since entering WCW (to give you a sense of Brock's overness, he's going to go over Goldberg clean at Starrcade and it won't be a shock). I'm going to add a third member to Million Dollar Sports, Kevin Steen, at the end of the year.

I was thinking Masahiro Tanaka, Johnny Stamboli or possibly even David Flair--I want a brawler to go with the flyer and the technicians. AJ has been managed by Ric Flair for 8 months, so his mic skills have certainly improved some (though they're still not great). I just don't see Daniel Bryan as being able to take on the high-life aspect of the Nature Boy persona, and I think Styles can for whatever reason. It's just the fourth member of the stable that I'm finding so tough.

Last question--DDP is in awful time decline, he's been pulling Cs with my top guys, and he lost a retirement match to Kanyon at the last PPV. I'm still using him to lose to young guys in the dark, but his contract is coming due. Do I let him walk or re-sign him to manage someone/be the color guy on my new B-show?