Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1501  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:05 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 8,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectrickg View Post
Not sure who the implied and not stated is referring to, but as I have had more time today to actually fully read the thread with the wife gone to her sister's. I'll state this, is it not apparent to anyone else that you are doing everything you can to discredit a certain player? Is that because you suspect them of something? Or is because you are trying to deter the current vote?

And before you say what you would normally say in response to this; I will state it. You seem to be trying to discredit Destiny and her results in an effort to deter the vote on Arrows.
If I missed Destiny stating what he did, feel free to show me. I wet into this phase not trusting him and I have a reason to doubt him now. I haven't revealed it because I'm not 100% sure of my reason and I want to see how this plays out.

But yeah, show me where Destiny stated his action and result and I will retract what I said. And later on, I'll probably do something I said I'd do before this situation came up which I hope would show you why I'm harsh on this particular line in addition do everything that le up to Destiny before. It makes more sense when you know what I know and think you know what I think I know.
Reply With Quote
  #1502  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:10 PM
The Two's Avatar
The Two The Two is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 5
Default

Well, this is a dramatic development. Hopefully Dylan can figure out exactly what it is he does and let us know.

Reading between the lines, I think I got what Destiny was suggesting, but maybe it would be better if he cleared up the mystery and stated clearly what he obtained, what he did with it, and what the result was.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have up your sleeve, Derek. (If you say your arm, so help me...)
Reply With Quote
  #1503  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:16 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
Well, this is a dramatic development. Hopefully Dylan can figure out exactly what it is he does and let us know.

Reading between the lines, I think I got what Destiny was suggesting, but maybe it would be better if he cleared up the mystery and stated clearly what he obtained, what he did with it, and what the result was.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have up your sleeve, Derek. (If you say your arm, so help me...)
Yeah, Destiny made a very strong implication. But with one person casting doubt, and whatever Derek is hinting at, he might as well state it clearly so we can figure this out.
Reply With Quote
  #1504  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 8,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing what you have up your sleeve, Derek. (If you say your arm, so help me...)
I'm wearing a t-shirt....
Reply With Quote
  #1505  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:19 PM
The Two's Avatar
The Two The Two is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
Yeah, Destiny made a very strong implication. But with one person casting doubt, and whatever Derek is hinting at, he might as well state it clearly so we can figure this out.
Personally, I hope we get full accounts from Destiny, Dylan, Derek, and Darrows so we can examine all the evidence and get to the bottom of this.
Reply With Quote
  #1506  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:19 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelectrickg View Post
I don't go out at night.
Was really asking about character info rather than ability info.
Reply With Quote
  #1507  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:20 PM
gonvick's Avatar
gonvick gonvick is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
Personally, I hope we get full accounts from Destiny, Dylan, Derek, and Darrows so we can examine all the evidence and get to the bottom of this.
/nod
Reply With Quote
  #1508  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:26 PM
The Two's Avatar
The Two The Two is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
I'm wearing a t-shirt....
Why I oughta...









Wait. Does that mean you have nothing up your sleeve?
Reply With Quote
  #1509  
Unread 01-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Rayelek's Avatar
Rayelek Rayelek is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La Crosse, WI
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post
Since he was open to questions, I figure I'll start: Rayelek, have you gone out last night?
I don't go out at night.

More thoughts later, off of work, gotta walk the dog, then probably dinner, then maybe I'll be on for sustained period of time. I'll probably be checking in but I tend to miss things when reading/posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
  #1510  
Unread 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Arrows's Avatar
Arrows Arrows is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvick View Post
Anything about your character that you'd be comfortable sharing?





Vote: Arrows

I'm going to need to know what you were targeting them for. Maybe throw in a role title or something along with it?

Otherwise, how can I be sure if you chose to not go out or if you were rendered unconscious by someone else.
Formatting on a tablet. Ugh.

Frank Owens, Centralia Aligned Handyman.

Protected Ray. Seemed like a good option for an early kill, and I owed him after Outlaw's game. Didn't protect Jaded, obviously. Wonder how that would've gone. Do I need to say more, or is this obvious enough for the people paying attention?
Reply With Quote
  #1511  
Unread 01-13-2019, 06:27 PM
eayragt's Avatar
eayragt eayragt is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
Formatting on a tablet. Ugh.

Frank Owens, Centralia Aligned Handyman.

Protected Ray. Seemed like a good option for an early kill, and I owed him after Outlaw's game. Didn't protect Jaded, obviously. Wonder how that would've gone. Do I need to say more, or is this obvious enough for the people paying attention?
What's your point if view into the order that players were killed night 2? Were you expecting a result night 2, and did you get it?
Reply With Quote
  #1512  
Unread 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Arrows's Avatar
Arrows Arrows is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eayragt View Post
What's your point if view into the order that players were killed night 2? Were you expecting a result night 2, and did you get it?
I think Showtime targeted Jaded, and the sk targeted Showtime, then proceeded to kill Jaded out of convenience. The mafia performed the middle kill in the write up. That was, Emark? Don't have my notes and opening a tab to go look without losing this is a pain.

I was expecting a result. I got a result.
Reply With Quote
  #1513  
Unread 01-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Arrows's Avatar
Arrows Arrows is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 399
Default

Break over. Back to work. Home in 2 hoursish.
Reply With Quote
  #1514  
Unread 01-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Too Sweet Spartan's Avatar
Too Sweet Spartan Too Sweet Spartan is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Wow, a lot of crazy updates and things going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdylan511 View Post
For the first question yes I am out at night. And currently the only people I have suspicions on are Destiny But I can't be to sure. He has been on me since day one I'm new and still trying to get my general ideas for everything so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdylan511 View Post
Distracted them?
Thanks for answering, I'm glad you did because that's a big piece of information for us all to know. Not to dogpile on with everyone else, but would you be able to explain a little bit of what you mean by distracting. Because that could go a long way to helping us all understand what actually happened last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
Formatting on a tablet. Ugh.

Frank Owens, Centralia Aligned Handyman.

Protected Ray. Seemed like a good option for an early kill, and I owed him after Outlaw's game. Didn't protect Jaded, obviously. Wonder how that would've gone. Do I need to say more, or is this obvious enough for the people paying attention?
What's a handyman? Is that like a JOAT?
Reply With Quote
  #1515  
Unread 01-13-2019, 07:15 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 8,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Two View Post
Why I oughta...









Wait. Does that mean you have nothing up your sleeve?
Just my shoulders!

So, I said earlier in this phase that I was thinking about sharing something. If there's ever a good time to throw something out there, it's when it's quiet like it has been over the last few hours while we wait for others. I don't want this to derail the main events going on in the thread, but I want to say it anyway because it's important to me and potentially to the town as a whole. I am Deputy Allanson, Centralia Aligned Sweetheart, though my real first name is Mary. My role PM makes me sound like the nicest girl in the world that doesn't see bad in people and I am an investigator. Alarm bells ringing right there for me when I read mmy PM, became super paranoid that I might be a naive cop and get only town results... making me more or less a vanilla townie with some misleading results and knowing that I get more aggressive as a game goes on.

I mention this now because if Arrows ends up getting lynched I will get to see if I'm right about myself, which will make me more excited to hopefully bring some more useful to the table. I have looked at Tha Black Phenom, Arrows and moon_lit_tears (in that order) over the three nights and so far everyone is town. Everyone is still alive too, so I have no means to confirm anything yet. If Arrows isn't town, I guess I know for sure. Or if things end up changing as a result of the mdylan situation I guess scum will be in no hurry to kill any of those listed above in order to fuel my paranoia. And I say that because it's exactly what I would do if I saw this in the thread. I've been picking fairly big name targets so far too... got to trust those I would feel could lead the town either early or late game as all of those names can. The presence of a cult does not make me happy about this either.

Here is my quick breadcrumb trail for my role... there were other minor hints but these are the key ones.

My first post of the game.... hinting, somewhat in character, that I'm doing something active and something where I can get a good result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
I have also played Metal Gear Solid V.

I've got my eye on all of you. Gonna aim for a new personal best in this new era of wrestling... let's see if I can make it past Day 2 this time before an untimely demise!
Day 2, I think my first post of that phase.... a direct claim to my character. Also somewhat in character. I repeated the same name somewhere later in the game but I didn't note it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Hey, home moving is going well but I'm still going to have spotty internet access at best for the next few days. Gonna drop my quick thoughts just now, most of which are admittedly echoes of what has been said by others.

First, I'm not dead! If I survive this phase it's the longest I've survived a game in about 4 years.

Second, I'm surprised to see Outlaw dead. I just had a quick look at my co-mod notes from Arrows last game and I see he wasn't protected there either. As someone who has been a decent townie player at various points in the past and died early for it.... protectors, never assume someone will be safe. It's your job to protect Boss Daddy Outlaw and anyone else you think is a good player.

Third, I have been suspicious of a cult from the start of the game. The 1990s part of the write up has lots of creepy Cthulu type imagery and capitalisation of words that just look suspicious. But I made it a point a while back to not bring up cults unless I think they are there... I've seen towns go hunting for them before when they didn't exist and it leads to a lot of mistrust, which is something I don't like to spread. That said... that section looks more cult-y than mason-y to me.

Fourth, if Outlaw is a Good Cop that implies a Bad Cop. I'm not going to say the bad cop would be scum for sure, but the write up makes them sound like they're going to be pretty hostile. Best case scenario... a cop gained the ability to vig people. And there are a lot of worst case scenarios...

Lastly, I've got nothing else to report in for now. Since I can't be around enough to ask many questions over the next few days I'm mostly going to be seeing what I can pick up. Definitely want to hear more from everyone though. Information and discussion are the keys to playing and winning mafia games.
Somewhere during day 3, I think. If anyone got this I'd be shocked, but I deliberately put my role in first on the list because I secretly only have one ability! And it's that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
That's the spirit! Though to be fair... it does sound like your role sucks. I hate roles where I can't do something. My ultimate investigator, protector, roleblocker, PGO, unlynchable, tracker/watcher role is pretty rad by comparison.
After that I mentioned that I actually had been leaving a breadcrumb trail so I stopped doing it.

There is a lot going on and I don't want this to become a distraction, but my name has come up enough that I feel that if I don't start being more open about what I feel is going on then I might become a distraction later on. Rather than put time into that, I feel like this is the route to go for me. And when someone inevitably comes in to say I'm creating a distraction to protect Arrows.... realise it would be in my interest to lynch him for my own knowledge... but that at the same time, if my result are actually correct that it would be bad for my win condition to lynch him. It's a tough spot to be in.

As for my take on Destiny... still waiting for an outright statement from him. I can understand why he might not do that, but I can't vote for Arrows in good conscience based on my result without knowing exactly what I'm voting on. And there's the whole Paws thing... all of which might be easy to work out if mdylan clears things up. I've provided the rescources in the thread, is up to him to use what he knows to get things moving along.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.