Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Low Minors

Default The TCW Thread

Since there is always a SWF thread i figured there need to be a thread for TCW this year. I know a ton of people love SWF but for some odd reason TCW has always capture my attention ever since TEW2010. This year is no exception I believe even tho its 3rd in the rankings TCW has its best chance to be #1.

The roster has took a few hits losing joey minnesota to SWF and losing Tommy Cornell as well as a few others. The product is mostly the same although you can have a few more angles without changing the product. But with star quality being more important than ever Rocky Golden makes the perfect Figurehead. He has improved in the ring as well. Aaron Andrews in the main event that is great.

The starting storylines are good, i have kept them between 77 and 91 heat for a month in the beta. Aaron andrews brought in Marat Kholov who interfered in the main event at when hell freezes over to keep his belt via dq.

Only thing TCW needs is more tag teams. The behemoths having the belts is a little bafflng since there have basically no popularity. A strong authority figure is what i hope to find when i start my official game once the full version is available..
so what do you think?
Unread 04-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Star

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp1...Gni-K6vViUtQyw

I've got a TCW series up and running. Check it out if you got a few minutes to spare!

(Jaysin, please fix the title and put TCW in all caps if you see this. I'm sorry for being so OCD.)
Unread 04-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Scott View Post
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp1...Gni-K6vViUtQyw

I've got a TCW series up and running. Check it out if you got a few minutes to spare!

(Jaysin, please fix the title and put TCW in all caps if you see this. I'm sorry for being so OCD.)
i just subscribed to it will check it out tonight while i book
Unread 04-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Living Legend

You say OCD, I say pain in my butt.

Last edited by Jaysin : 04-30-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Unread 04-30-2016, 09:51 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
You say OCD, I say pain in my butt.
Excuse me for trying to make the boards look more professional with correct capitalization.

Last edited by Jaysin : 04-30-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Unread 05-01-2016, 01:01 AM

The tag team scene is a complete mess. I made developmental territory and sent Shark and Titan down as soon as I got the belts off them. I wanted to put the belts on New Wave but Guide picked up an injury and was out for a couple weeks so Divine Fortune got them instead.

As for additions to the division I'm considering doing a student-teacher like team with Brent Hill and Ernest Youngman. I also picked up Rich and Famous from CZCW but they need some building up before being placed in the title hunt.
Unread 05-01-2016, 07:33 AM
Minor League

I actually don't think the tag ranks are as bad as they first look (apart from Shark and Titan holding the belts). Both Devine Fortune and the Canadian Animals are perfectly capable of holding the titles and seem to perform well above what their stats should allow in the game I've got going.
Unread 05-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Low Minors

Outside of the behemoths the other 4 tag teams are good at producing quality matches just not really good angles. I have left the titles on the behemoths just because not better storylines came to mind. Plus they are giants so they beat a tag team down every week.

I picked up fro sure and kp avatar is my user character are a tag team Omega Squad. I think Nelsom Callum and kirk jameson are gonna debut as a tag team soon..
Unread 05-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Rookie

I picked up Marat Kolkov and TCW took the lead in the national battles. I sent Killer Shark and Titan to a developmental territory and have the titles on the canadian animals at the moment. There feuding with the new wave. The Rocky Aaron feud and the Wolf/Joshua feud are both flying. I have Marat and Sammy Bach feuding, to try increase Bach's overness with Marat's menace, to improve the national battle score.

I'm at a loss at what to do with a few lads though. Danny Fonzarelli, Troy Tornado, Vessey, Human Arsenal, Joel Bryant. I'm thinking of reforming the Machines. I like them as a tag team. I have brought Stevie Grayson in and reformed the All American Boys. The two of them can produce good match's together even though Grayson is always the weak link.

Ive started a stable with Andrews, Wolf, Freddy and Ed Stone. I might put some of the older heels into one as well.

It seems easier to get money in this version, and 1.5m profit in month one with a second tv programme.
Unread 05-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Low Minors

i am always at a lost as what to do with Tornado, in previous versions he didnt do well for me. Right now he is trying to out wrestle human arsenal and failing . i dont know if this is going to turn into a mutual respect kind of deal where they tag for a while then turn and have a big match at Total Mayhem ala aj and y2j. MY Plan is for Ace to defend his title at total mayhem against Wolf, taylor and Bach. While Rocky goes one on one with Marat since he is pissed that he keeps costing him the title. The international title scene is murky right now as Chance fortune one at when hell freezes over and since im not to thrilled with marc speed i dont know what im going to

Im hoping to find some unsung heroes on my roster to push
Unread 05-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilb0y View Post
I actually don't think the tag ranks are as bad as they first look (apart from Shark and Titan holding the belts). Both Devine Fortune and the Canadian Animals are perfectly capable of holding the titles and seem to perform well above what their stats should allow in the game I've got going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjondalegend View Post
Outside of the behemoths the other 4 tag teams are good at producing quality matches just not really good angles. I have left the titles on the behemoths just because not better storylines came to mind. Plus they are giants so they beat a tag team down every week.

I picked up fro sure and kp avatar is my user character are a tag team Omega Squad. I think Nelsom Callum and kirk jameson are gonna debut as a tag team soon..
I actually really like the Behemoths being the champs. I've already built both up around 10 points in pop. They've both got great menace, and both are young. I like the story as to where they're running rampid on the tag scene, nobody can beat them. Plus Troy Tornado & Wolf Hawkins have told me that Shark is a future star and is worth pushing.
Unread 05-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Scott View Post
I actually really like the Behemoths being the champs. I've already built both up around 10 points in pop. They've both got great menace, and both are young. I like the story as to where they're running rampid on the tag scene, nobody can beat them. Plus Troy Tornado & Wolf Hawkins have told me that Shark is a future star and is worth pushing.
I really like Shark (and he's a NBT in my current save), but Titan is just a lump. I want the belts off of them so I can push Shark solo
Unread 05-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilb0y View Post
I really like Shark (and he's a NBT in my current save), but Titan is just a lump. I want the belts off of them so I can push Shark solo
The whole story will probably lead to a break up and Shark getting the singles push.
Unread 05-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Rookie

I can see myself bring titan and killer shark back in once they've improved there skills.
Unread 05-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Just realized that in the cornell verse, the machines haven't won the tag team title since 2007. And the canadian animals have more tag titles then the machines. That seems wrong to me.