Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Future Game Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Rookie

Default Politics Game?

I wouldn't mind seeing a game where you run a election campaign dirty or clean get into office and run a country your way, along with getting your cabinet together, bringing back disgraced politicians and dealing with the media.
Unread 01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Weden

Election campaigns are over-done, but country running sims are nowhere near as common.

That is the one game I will hunt, kill and eat for! I adore politics like... well, like I adore it. I get by on various crappy games on it (with 1 or 2 gems, eg. Particracy), but I want... nay, need a country-running sim by GDS.

I will help anyone who takes it up as much as possible... for my age, I know more than enough about politics. Ideologies, various historical items, leaders etc.

Last edited by Weden : 01-15-2006 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo.
Unread 01-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Country Running Sims? That's a instant win. GDS, make this happen.
Unread 01-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Rookie

I was thinking that if you want to run the country then surely you'll have to have an election and if you don't win then there could be various things you can do such as scandals to damage the government and stuff like that so you have a different route you don't win the election, or could start out as a different position in government building your career to finally getting the top spot.

Last edited by redshadow100 : 01-17-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Unread 01-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Weden

As I said, there are already tons of election campagin sims that are really getting old, but there are barely any (if there are any at all) country running sims. Dedicating time to the election campaign section would be a waste of time.
Unread 01-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Rookie

what sort of features would you like to see in this game if it where to happen Weden?

How many countries would be in it?
What sort of things can you do?
I wouldn't mind seeing it go quite in depth.
Unread 01-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Weden

Considering the insane lawsuits that would likely appear, I would like a fully-customizable (so we can have peopleworking on real-world versions) fictional database of countries etc. to work with. Who doesn't love fictional stuff to add their own edge too?

I'd go into more detail (country ideas, suggestions for features etc.), but I can't be arsed at the moment :P
Unread 04-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Super Star

actually, this sounds like a great idea....GDS guys would prolly make the best "country running" sim out there I'm sure.
Unread 04-09-2006, 12:34 PM

Sounds to me like your describing Sid Meiers 'civilazition"
Unread 04-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Low Minors

Civilization is a good game...but, as for this politics/government game: If dictatorships, government conspiracies, and movements to over throw the country are, then I say go for it.

There could be a feature at the beginning where you can either play the game as is, or set up everything how you like...I would love to take over--er, run the US in post-apocolypic* times.

...yes. Fun indeed.
Unread 04-20-2006, 07:40 AM

I think this is a great idea. Some suggestions if you don't mind:
1) Be able to make a daily decision, that decision can effort the country down the road. Or shape the world.
2) Have all countries in the world, events that happen shape the world.
3) If you have a election, get into it. All areas, even debates.
4) Deplomacy that shapes the world.
5) Congress and the Senate produce bills and refs, that shape events, President could veto.
6) Talk show interviews, and snafu's.

If you don't win the election, as someone said, have them start in the House, then move up to the senate, and then campaign for the White House.

Not sure how or where to start. There once was a game about 25 years ago, maybe 30 on Apple computer that involved world diplomacy, can't remember the name, but it was really deep.

I too, love politics and all the political games out there are really shallow. If you can make this game deep, really deep, with all the action in the world... like reading a newspaper and then developing policy that effects the country and the world would be great.

I liked the idea of starting in the house, working up to the senate, then to the white house, and after that maybe go to UN, or taking on a job as an ambassador or something.

Just my two cents.
Unread 04-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Low Minors

I like the idea of the game. Has anyone played superpower. I think thats what it is called. I liked that game it just didn't go in depth enough.
Unread 04-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Super Star

Dawgfan... surely a system that is a bit more popular in the world would be more effective at conveying a democratic system rather than one that's used in only one country in the entire planet?

I'm more than aware that Seppo's don't really understand many things outside their borders, but there are various other systems (or even a choice of regime style once you attain power for the game?) in existance.
Unread 04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Rookie

I think Dawgfan was just using that as an example, i bet most people wouldn't mind a crack at sorting out the middle east??
Unread 04-23-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Just thinking

I suppose the hot button right now is the middle east, 20 years ago it was the Cold War. There will always be a hot spot, Nicarugua was hot during the Reagan administration, and of course there was Viet Nam. Each era has its own, so clearing up the middle east falls under that tent. However, there are other issues like Global Warming, Immigration, Terrorists, and I'm not going to get into Religion which was the cause of many wars over the centuries. Nationally we have election reform, energy, health care, gay marriage, outsourcing of jobs, the growth of China (militarily & encomically). Then you have Latin America, South American, Africa. I just think a game that allows you to form policy, either through House & Senate, or the Presidentency, and or through the UN, would be a great game. Plus deplomacy with other countries, whether through policy, assasination, covert action, or whatever. The ramification for each action has its price. Of course if you chose to assasinate someone, you'd better have good protection yourself. Each action, there is a reaction. Just be nice to have a good deep game.