Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:53 AM
GDS Developer

Default The Official Mafia Discussion Thread

This is a thread for discussion and questions regarding mafia games.

It replaces the previous version which has been closed as it had become dominated by a small group of people's off-topic conversations which had nothing to do with mafia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Well, didn't mind the banter but I think it's better off this way, some things seemed to get lost in there and it really did derail at times.

To kick it off, let's discuss what roles/abilities did you never have that you wish to have someday in some game? Or that you've had a long time ago and would like to wield again.

I'd like to be a bus driver someday. I love screwing around with the pace of the game, on either side.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post
Well, didn't mind the banter but I think it's better off this way, some things seemed to get lost in there and it really did derail at times.

To kick it off, let's discuss what roles/abilities did you never have that you wish to have someday in some game? Or that you've had a long time ago and would like to wield again.

I'd like to be a bus driver someday. I love screwing around with the pace of the game, on either side.
I too would love to be the Bus Driver some day. I would also like to be a thief again. It allows you to be an investigator (based off what item you get) some days and other days you get some one shots that if used right can change the direction of the game. Quite a fun role.

The one role I would never like to be again a cat who can only meow during the day.

Also someone should make a chat room for the banter that went on in the old threadů 1 2 3 not me.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Low Minors

I would like to be an investigator.

I means seriously, all games have basically like one, and some big games have 2+....and NEVER me?

Damn you random generator!
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Major League

I would like to see someone add the *tree stump* role into a game. Just for giggles ya know?
Unread 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntMark View Post
I would like to be an investigator.

I means seriously, all games have basically like one, and some big games have 2+....and NEVER me?

Damn you random generator!
My first game, I drew the investigator role...never have had it since. Yet I've gotten the SK role three times since then. *shrugs*
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Low Minors

I would also like to be a SK.

Favorite roles thus far....

-Bus Driving Wizard guy in Lakeside.
-Inventor in Springfield.

I dont tend to draw many awesome roles.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:08 PM

I've been investigator too many times for my liking. Super Silliness, Zim, Darkwing Duck, pseudo-cop in Sci-Fi.. I've had my fair share.

I'd also like to be a town vig again. I've really let myself down in Scrubs, was being too cautious for my liking and ended up being killed before I could do anything.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

In all my games here, I've never been an SK or bulletproof. I've had killing roles a couple of times and not done a lot with them, and I've even had PGO skills a couple of times (with major loopholes each time)... but I've always wanted to be an SK or bulletproof. As an SK I could murderise the huge numbers of people who used to be on my hitlist (which I've lost) and as a bulletproof person I could finally actually try to lead the town without the threat of being dead over my head.

I'd even be happy as a hider, it's the sort of role I could have fun with as I taunt scum. A bus driver would be fun too... or an inventor. Basically, I've been some kind of mason or investigator so many times that I'm looking for something different, so hopefully in my next game I'm gonna get some good ones.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Hall of Fame

I've never been TRULY bulletproof or a vig (though in Gotham I was pseudo both!). That said, I couldn't kill whenever I wanted and I COULD be killed.

I'd love to be bulletproof/PGO/a bomb... I imagine lulz would insue with the latter two.

Also... I've never been a tracker. I'd love to be one of thems some time.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_b View Post
In all my games here, I've never been an SK or bulletproof. I've had killing roles a couple of times and not done a lot with them, and I've even had PGO skills a couple of times (with major loopholes each time)... but I've always wanted to be an SK or bulletproof. As an SK I could murderise the huge numbers of people who used to be on my hitlist (which I've lost) and as a bulletproof person I could finally actually try to lead the town without the threat of being dead over my head.

I'd even be happy as a hider, it's the sort of role I could have fun with as I taunt scum. A bus driver would be fun too... or an inventor. Basically, I've been some kind of mason or investigator so many times that I'm looking for something different, so hopefully in my next game I'm gonna get some good ones.

You die a lot!.

When I was Claire Bennett I was just a Vanilla townie until an event happened witch made me bulletproof. I loved it so much. I think that is my favorite role I have had so far.

I would love to get that in a game I know the theme to quite well. I would love to be able to taunt scum. Doubt I could do it as well as you though Mr_B.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Major League

Let's do Pick Your Role Mafia. Basically 35 people sign up and are given alignments, then at night, they can do whatever the hell they'd like. Basically everyone is an unlimited and undefined JOAT.

As broken as that sounds it would probably be great fun initially, fairly good chance 20+ would die night 1 though.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbo View Post
Let's do Pick Your Role Mafia. Basically 35 people sign up and are given alignments, then at night, they can do whatever the hell they'd like. Basically everyone is an unlimited and undefined JOAT.

As broken as that sounds it would probably be great fun initially, fairly good chance 20+ would die night 1 though.

See I would not choose to kill night 1. I would choose to be a PGO.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Major League

... and the fun begins.

Half tempted to try it as an experiment. Maybe micro mafia. I just had an idea how to slightly balance it too...
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Hall of Fame

I choose my role to be a bomb that, if targetted, kills every player in the game (and it overrides bulletproof/PGOness).

I win once the entire game is dead.

/win