Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-25-2010, 12:07 PM
GDS Developer

We've been through this before - no religious debates on this forum, no exceptions, it leads to ridiculous bad tempered arguments every single time. There'll be week-long suspensions to anybody who continues it from this point on.
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallylost View Post
On a slightly different note... here is a cartoon I drew of *BLEEP* and myself going to the beach..

This was overly hilarious. Did anyone catch the latest South Park episode that Comedy Central literally bleeped to shreds? I didn't even finish more than three minutes of it because the bleeps were everything and anything. It was beyond ridiculous.
Unread 04-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Star

Ok, I'll admit it! I'm the jackass driver who honks at you when you wait too long at a stop sign, who flips you off as I pass you in a double line because you were going the speed limit, and who will box you in with a semi truck for a period of no less than 5 minutes if you stray into the left lane on the highway going slower then the traffic on the right.

I'm the scourge of the road and I loathe you all, expel your hatred upon me!
Unread 04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
We've been through this before - no religious debates on this forum, no exceptions, it leads to ridiculous bad tempered arguments every single time. There'll be week-long suspensions to anybody who continues it from this point on.
Thank you
Unread 04-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T Jobs To Me View Post
Ok, I'll admit it! I'm the jackass driver who honks at you when you wait too long at a stop sign, who flips you off as I pass you in a double line because you were going the speed limit, and who will box you in with a semi truck for a period of no less than 5 minutes if you stray into the left lane on the highway going slower then the traffic on the right.

I'm the scourge of the road and I loathe you all, expel your hatred upon me!
I knew it was you, you bastard.

Okay, I lied. I do all of these things, too. My general rule is that the "speed limit" is actually the minimum speed...this goes for virtually every road in the universe, even roads as yet undiscovered.
Unread 04-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
So the best franchise in the history of pro sports is over-rated? Okay.....
Just because they have the money to buy enough people to cover the others weaknesses, doesn't make them that great. Given, yes, they have some talented players. But, then again, wouldn't any team have the same chance if they had the funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
This was overly hilarious. Did anyone catch the latest South Park episode that Comedy Central literally bleeped to shreds? I didn't even finish more than three minutes of it because the bleeps were everything and anything. It was beyond ridiculous.
That was my inspiration. Sadly, you missed the end. Stan's whole "morale of the story" thing was bleeped. Apparently, it shouldn't have been, according to Matt and Trey. But, who knows what's a work these days.
Unread 04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Major League

Quote:
Just because they have the money to buy enough people to cover the others weaknesses, doesn't make them that great. Given, yes, they have some talented players. But, then again, wouldn't any team have the same chance if they had the funds?

That was my inspiration. Sadly, you missed the end. Stan's whole "morale of the story" thing was bleeped. Apparently, it shouldn't have been, according to Matt and Trey. But, who knows what's a work these days.
Yes I am so voting you to be the president.

I tried to watch it as well. They just turned what use to be a funny show into a joke. Stupid comedy central.
Unread 04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
But look at the current team, most of the players that have made the biggest contributions to the team have not been bought. They were either drafted or they were traded for.

Being traded for does not constitute buying someone.
Unread 04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
But look at the current team, most of the players that have made the biggest contributions to the team have not been bought. They were either drafted or they were traded for.

Being traded for does not constitute buying someone.
It does if the trade was only made because it was the last year of a deal and it was the only way the team could get anything for the player as he would cost too much sign. So they trade him to someone who can afford and wants to pay them a large sum. I don't fault the team you are talking about, but the times it happens like that it is buying players.
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
This is one thing that REALLY Grinds my gears right here...

That group that threatened the South Park folks, their freedom of speech is protected, while Jim Cornette is threatened with possible legal action for his (lack of) free speech, (an e-mail he sent to Terry Taylor ya'll may have heard about, with some... let's say unkind... words in regards to Vince Russo).

Stuff like that irks me to no end.

Grrrrr.............

Not saying what Cornette was right or wrong, just saying it was just as much free speech as what those folks said about the South Park guys. Seems odd that the Freedom of Speech thing seems to apply with a vengeance to some folks and barely at all to others.

For the record, so far I've missed Part Two of the episode. I saw Part One though, and was looking forward to Part Two until all this stuff started happening...

And a small, tiny, insignificant thing that kinda/sorta/in a way grinds my gears is sometimes... not all the time, but sometimes... I'll be watching something on TV. Like 45 minutes I'll be watching, and then a commercial break will come up, and half-way through the break, I'll forget what I was watching! It's just a few short moments of anxiety, but still...

My gears are fairly well ground for those few moments.

Last edited by dvdWarrior : 04-25-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Was it just my imagination, or when I went to post my edits here, did it say "Vote Now" instead of "Post Now"?
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Super Star

When something preempts a show or movie and you know that episode won't be shown again:

unless its one of the shows that gets re aired just before the next season starts

or you have to wait till it goes into syndication

or until its posted on-line somewhere.

or it goes to dvd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel bad for my wife when her soaps are preempted too because they never get replayed unless you have the soap channel.
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So the best franchise in the history of pro sports is over-rated? Okay.....
No, the best franchise in pro sports history would be Manchester United.

Added things I dislike.......

1) People calling football "soccer". It's called football because you use your feet for the entirety of the game. Now while I enjoy American "Football" it should not be called just "football". Football is called football!

2) People who continually blame others for there own shortcomings.

3) snakes

4) Intolerant people

5) Children who continually cry and scream in restaraunts.

6) People in supermarkets who think it is Ok to leave there trolly sideways in an aisle while they stand in the other half of the aisle, thus blocking the entire p*****g thing.

7) People that don't say excuse me when they walk into you. (I have a reflex and I say it when it wasn't even my fault)

8) Dumb people who think they are intelligent.

9) The euro

10) Jeremy Kyle for he is all that is wrong in the world. I would pay good money to see a punch of toothless folk beat the crap out of him.

11) People who pass on other stories as if it were their own

12) Language teachers

13) the voice over lady who makes continual jabs at Kevin James for being fat on comedy central before the King of Queens comes on.

14) Every talent show

thats about it I reckon.

14)

Last edited by LoNdOn : 04-25-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNdOn View Post
7) People that don't say excuse me when they walk into you. (I have a reflex and I say it when it wasn't even my fault)

8) Dumb people who think they are intelligent.
7) Yes I hear you on that one. I hate those people so much they annoy me.

8) Nothing to be said there.

I went for a walk the other day. Mind you I am a female just out for a stroll minding my own business talking on my phone to a friend of mine.

These construction guys were making lude comments. I mean seriously what is it with pigheaded men?
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
7) Yes I hear you on that one. I hate those people so much they annoy me.

8) Nothing to be said there.

I went for a walk the other day. Mind you I am a female just out for a stroll minding my own business talking on my phone to a friend of mine.

These construction guys were making lude comments. I mean seriously what is it with pigheaded men?
Check minus. See me after class.
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
I mean seriously what is it with pigheaded men?
I'd be bitter and rude if I had a pig's head. Serious genetic disorder, like Cat Tongue and Lard-brain.