Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Wrestling Spirit 1/2 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Jprhino's Avatar
Jprhino Jprhino is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 18
Talking Great game. All-round improvement.

As the title suggests. I think this game really emerses the player in the Cornellverse. One thing that really impresses me is the fact that this installment of WreSpi actually got me pumped for a tag match! (In the past the auto button of WreSpi 1 was all too tempting).

A perfect example was a match-up of me (Buddy Garner) and Dread versus the Vessey Brothers last night. It ended at a 60-minute draw due to the split-second interruptions of the much more experienced duo. Around the last 5 minutes (game-time) I found myself furiously tapping my mouse button and screaming "Die!" at the screen. Pure, adrenaline-fuelled drama. (Incidently the match got an A* rating. "That was awesome!" Indeed.

Any similar joyous yet tortuous moments as mine?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
kirbykool22 kirbykool22 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprhino
As the title suggests. I think this game really emerses the player in the Cornellverse. One thing that really impresses me is the fact that this installment of WreSpi actually got me pumped for a tag match! (In the past the auto button of WreSpi 1 was all too tempting).

A perfect example was a match-up of me (Buddy Garner) and Dread versus the Vessey Brothers last night. It ended at a 60-minute draw due to the split-second interruptions of the much more experienced duo. Around the last 5 minutes (game-time) I found myself furiously tapping my mouse button and screaming "Die!" at the screen. Pure, adrenaline-fuelled drama. (Incidently the match got an A* rating. "That was awesome!" Indeed.

Any similar joyous yet tortuous moments as mine?

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
wooodaddy's Avatar
wooodaddy wooodaddy is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 906
Default

I am wrestling as Jeff Nova, and I have a regular tag team with Joss Thompson, we were in a match with Giant Redwood and I forget the other guy's name.... well, We dominated the match and everytime the opponents took the advantage was by cheating.... anyway, the ref warned them constantly and about 47 minutes into our match I was being beaten badly by Redwood and after the ref's numerous warnings I landed a running bulldog onto a steel chair, and the guy friggin' DQ'd me which was the only time I cheated in the match... match rating was a B-, but I lost popularity in 10 regions because these idiots got all the cheating in and I tried it 1 time and lost the match.... I was boiling mad, but I was really into it.... This is truly a great game.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Chris2K's Avatar
Chris2K Chris2K is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 403
Default

I'm playing with Brent Hill atm, although I chose him before I knew he'd gone to TCW. The sell-out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Thomnipotent Thomnipotent is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooodaddy
...I landed a running bulldog onto a steel chair, and the guy friggin' DQ'd me...
That would do it. If they were just slipping minor moves like eye gouges and the sort in, then the ref probably wouldn't DQ them for it (unless strict disqualifications are on). Something like a running bulldog onto a chair will most definitely get you disqualified, though. As a rule of thumb, any cheating move below "high" will be acceptable as long as you aren't in a strict DQ environment.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:28 PM
DodgyDavid's Avatar
DodgyDavid DodgyDavid is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Good ol' Glasgow Scotland
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2K
I'm playing with Brent Hill atm, although I chose him before I knew he'd gone to TCW. The sell-out.
Same here, Brent Hill was one of the better all-rounders on the independants, now I need someone else to fill his shoes
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-26-2006, 08:31 PM
wooodaddy's Avatar
wooodaddy wooodaddy is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomnipotent
That would do it. If they were just slipping minor moves like eye gouges and the sort in, then the ref probably wouldn't DQ them for it (unless strict disqualifications are on). Something like a running bulldog onto a chair will most definitely get you disqualified, though. As a rule of thumb, any cheating move below "high" will be acceptable as long as you aren't in a strict DQ environment.
Yeah, but I'm the good guy... their not supposed to DQ the good guy...... Right? Yeah, I went a little crazy with that one seeing all they had were low blows and eye gouges... Typical wrasslin' though, the good guys always get caught... lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
robbo316 robbo316 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooodaddy View Post
Yeah, but I'm the good guy... their not supposed to DQ the good guy...... Right? Yeah, I went a little crazy with that one seeing all they had were low blows and eye gouges... Typical wrasslin' though, the good guys always get caught... lol
I shouldn't worry, I just had that happen to me in a tag match. The opponents (heel) hit my partner with a steel chair to the back, and the referee was furious. I suplexed the same guy onto a chair, instant DQ. Bent ref, simples.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.