Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2005 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-23-2006, 01:07 PM

Default TEW 2005 Game Help

I have just purchased TEW 2005,I've looked in the FAQ's quickly and couldn't see an answer to my problem in there and on any other sites.So I decided to ask..sorry if it sounds stupid or is started somewere else..Basically I was used the TEW 2005 Editor from the main menu of the game And I created my own fed and a couple of wrestlers too, but I can't make it so that I can pick my fed when I start a new game, what do I have to do to my fed to make this available?
Unread 11-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy View Post
I have just purchased TEW 2005,I've looked in the FAQ's quickly and couldn't see an answer to my problem in there and on any other sites.So I decided to ask..sorry if it sounds stupid or is started somewere else..Basically I was used the TEW 2005 Editor from the main menu of the game And I created my own fed and a couple of wrestlers too, but I can't make it so that I can pick my fed when I start a new game, what do I have to do to my fed to make this available?
You should already be able to choose your promotion at game start, however...

If you already started a game, you will need to import any extra's you have added to the mod since starting the game. The Game seems to have it's own unique database, seperate from the mod your using, and does not automatically check to see if any New promotions or workers have been added to it (2007 will have some sort of options for this though).

You also might need to make sure the database your editing, is the one your starting your new game with as well. Another thing I can think of off the top of my head is a very small possibility that after you made your Promotion and workers, that you may not have done the final save to make sure they are actually in the database.

I can't think of anything else right this second, but perhaps some more details can provide more enlightenment. Are you starting a new game after you put your promotion and workers in the editor?

Oh, in case you don't know how to import data into an existing game. Go to your options window in game, this is the one that looks like an outline of a screwdriver and wrench forming an X. On the bottum of that screen, you will see options buttons, Autosave, Calculation Methods, Display Options, World Options, Import Data, and Edit Data. The Import Data button is the one you want to choose. This will allow you to import about any data you want from and database, and is pretty easy to figure out:-)
Unread 11-24-2006, 06:53 AM

No my federation is saved and everything it just never when i start a new game appears as one of the federations which you can choose and I was under the impression that maybe your fed has to have a certain level of prestige or number of workers before you can choose it?..But now am stuck..it sucks as well because I have spent ages on that fed with the logo and everything..
Unread 11-24-2006, 08:08 AM
GDS Developer

The most likely explanation is that you have accidentally turned off the game area that it is in. When you select the game areas when you start a new game, everything is turned on - my guess is that maybe you clicked on the USA (or wherever it is based) flag, thinking you were turning it on, but have instead turned it off.