Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Bowl Bound Pro Football > Bowl Bound Pro Football Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-20-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
I think we all can count and realize the dates involved, but thank you for providing that vital information to us.

And your opinion irks me b/c you only give it here to call attention to yourself. No one needs you to come and state this opinion. Seriously, what does it add to this forum? That's right, nothing. Its of no help at all and I'm left to wonder why you even come here to post it. Really, its a waste of your time. Most people just read it and think what I've said out loud.

Now I'm going to save the users of this forum any further post at this time on the subject from me. Do them a favor and follow suit. If you want to say anything further to me, PM me. You know where to find me.
I have no beef with you or anyone here. I don't have an agenda. Just wanted to make a point. My opinion. We can agree to disagree. That's all.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by ashantewarrier : 01-20-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Unread 01-20-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_piggott View Post
I have a few messages into Arlie to see about working up some kind of collaborative effort between Wolverine and my team over at BarcodeGames.com

At BarcodeGames.com we already have a pro football sim that is coming along nicely. I would love to get Arlie's help and input to further improve PFS, and then let Arlie focus on a new version of BBCF.

I know he was busy over the holidays and hopefully things are settling down and we can get some updates soon.

Sounds good...thank you!
Unread 01-23-2010, 03:53 AM

Actually Coolyvol, you don't speak for everyone hear!
I find you & your general attitude to be quite arrogant. Whenever someone
comes in here & asks what's up with this game & why the lack of updates, fanboys like you pull out your lightsabres & wanna duel to the death instead of letting people have their say. He is right when he says that it is unprofessional on Arlie's part to only give a couple updates in 4 years. I, for one can wait a little while longer but just want Arlie to keep us in the loop.
Need to know if he's actually working on it yet. There have been many games
that were announced then 10 years later, no game or update. I am talking about that joke of a game, Division Rivals. I know that things happen in life & that Arlie has to work a regular job also but he has a responsability to his custumers to update them every few months or so. Just to say hey I am still working on game! So chill out and let people have their say unless they are really getting out of hand!
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galleyfan2005 View Post
Actually Coolyvol, you don't speak for everyone hear!
I find you & your general attitude to be quite arrogant. Whenever someone
comes in here & asks what's up with this game & why the lack of updates, fanboys like you pull out your lightsabres & wanna duel to the death instead of letting people have their say. He is right when he says that it is unprofessional on Arlie's part to only give a couple updates in 4 years. I, for one can wait a little while longer but just want Arlie to keep us in the loop.
Need to know if he's actually working on it yet. There have been many games
that were announced then 10 years later, no game or update. I am talking about that joke of a game, Division Rivals. I know that things happen in life & that Arlie has to work a regular job also but he has a responsability to his custumers to update them every few months or so. Just to say hey I am still working on game! So chill out and let people have their say unless they are really getting out of hand!
Thank you G-fan.

An update status as to if this game is still in development would be nice. Closure can be good sometimes.
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Neither one of us are privy to the inner workings of this company (me possibly a bit more than you). You do it no service by coming here just to post 'vaporware'. Why not just not come here OR not post that crap?

And thank you, I cope just fine until it comes to dealing with people such as you who want nothing more than to cause trouble at some else's expense.
How is he causing problems? He's a realist. Alright, Now don't cry but I think its probably time to move on and forget about BBPF. I wouldn't be holding my breathe. Seems to me you think about it even more than the developer.
Me? I came by because I remember hearing about it years ago, and now I don't think its vaporware because I now think it seems like GD is probably just someones hobby, that fell by the wayside

Last edited by map444 : 08-05-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 08-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
First, thanks for your interest in the pro game. I'm setting up this forum to start collecting ideas (in addition to my design) to use with the upcoming Bowl Bound Pro Football (BBPF) game.

Next, the game is still early in development and I will start providing a "developer's journal" once I get a little further. In the mean time, keep those ideas coming!

Thanks,

Arlie

Lets see that was 2007 and still no "Developer Journal" hmmmm. I get the hint
Unread 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Just an outsider's view but maybe Arlie is keeping this close to the chest. That or he lost the computer with all the work and/or has had family problems. Maybe contact Adam or Scott to see if Arlie is still around.
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Low Minors

As a person who enjoys Bowl Bound College Football, I hope this pro football version will eventually be released.

Here in Cleveland we are getting excited about football again, and it would be nice to have a way to play out my fantasies.
Unread 08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Low Minors

For what it's worth, I hope the game will include in-game play calling as in BBCF. But please, no little icons moving around on the screen.

A realistic salary system would also be great.

Whatever you do, please make the game fun for the solo player, with realistic stats, etc. An in-game player creation feature and an in-game player editing feature would be great.
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by map444 View Post
Lets see that was 2007 and still no "Developer Journal" hmmmm. I get the hint
Hear! Hear!
Unread 08-03-2011, 04:37 AM

Is BB Pro Football ever coming out? I was stunned to come back to the GDS website and still see no pro game available and no updates in this thread. I would really love to see this game come to life so my college players can play pro in the binary universe!
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:16 PM

Unfortunately, it'll never happen. Neither will an update to BBCF. Such a shame.
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:07 AM

This whole situation - along with a very similar situation at Wolverine Studios - reminds me of the Mum in Arrested Development when she finds out that her children mock her for "getting off" on being witholding.

She offers a chocolate bar to her son only to immediately pull it away with the words "I'm witholding it - look at me getting off"...

As an aside (the relevence is a bit tenouous but)...
I'm a guitar maker in my spare time. I work full time as an IT support analyst and care for my elderly grand parents most evenings. Because of my other commitments I often get massively delayed with the guitar making. So, when I get an order I explain to the customer that I cannot give a completion date and will take no money up front, but that I will keep them updated with photo's etc. The last one took me 8 months to complete! My customer was very patient and appreciated the updates etc.

When making my custom guitars, the customer is involved from the outset in order to get feedback on specs etc. much like how developers get the community involved in order to "tailor" the product to the customers needs.

Liaising with the customer to obtain their requirements - getting those requirements from the customer and then going AWOL would be a death sentence for most companies.

My point is, if we do these things as a hobby - and tell people that we have other comitments and that those comitments take precedent, why then sell the product to make a profit?

If we're doing this as a business to make a profit then do it right!

I made a loss on the 8 month guitar - knocked 100 off thus making a 100 loss (I sell them at cost - my time is free - I enjoy what I do and realise it is not my highest priority). Although I had made my position clear from the outset, and the final product I supplied was of high quality and well received, I still felt that I entered into an agreement with my customer as soon as I accepted the order and began communicating with the customer in order to tailor the product.

Do the guys at Grey Dog not feel the same?

The quality of the final product is obviously of paramount importance and I possibly speak for most people here when I say that I would rather wait for the best possible product than receive something substandard. But the "product" also includes the service that is provided from the offset, through to purchase and beyond.

Providing great service and a great product are not mutualy exclusive.

I believe it shows a real lack of respect to all the people who are awaiting this game.

I will not be purchasing any more products, but do appreciate the emotional highs and lows.

Sorry for the long a meandering post - I just started hitting the keys and ended up in a Jessica Fletcher style typing montage.
Unread 08-28-2011, 02:58 AM

Well said! I have also been waiting for this game since 2007 & have

decided to move on & not to bother checking back anymore since Arlie

doesn't seem to think it is too important to keep anyone updated on the

status of the game. There are other games out there & it's time to go

out and support someone else who really deserves it.
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Low Minors

Any news? With the arrival of the new NFL season, one naturally thinks about how nice it would be to have a new pro football management sim.