Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-10-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Diaries for WMMA Games?

Hey just was wondering if anyone was going to be doing any WMMA diaries just like TEW ones. That would be real cool to see some real world ones and even ones from the Cornellverse! I think it would be easier to do a WMMA diary dealing with business sides of things instead of the creative side of things.
Unread 10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Low Minors

I'm sure you'll see many. A lot of people love being creative.

I for one don't have the motivation to do them though, it takes a little bit too much work. I'd rather just play.

I'll definately read them though.
Unread 10-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1989 View Post
I'm sure you'll see many. A lot of people love being creative.

I for one don't have the motivation to do them though, it takes a little bit too much work. I'd rather just play.

I'll definitely read them though.
Yeah I definitely don't have the time to run one consistently with college and all, but I always love scrolling through them in the mornings and at night when I'm in between study breaks!
Unread 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Phenom

I'm thinking that I may do one
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Major League

While I am a huge wrestling fan, I'm only a modest MMA fan so whether or not I buy the game will depend on how into it I can get in only somewhat familiar territory. I've bought all of Adam's games (except WreSpi2) and loved them all (except TEW2004), so I'm sure WMMA will probably be purchased sometime after the release unless I fall in love with the demo.

Anyway, not that you all cared about that. . .

What I was meaning to say is that the idea of running a dynasty based on the starting data sounds very appealing to me. I can learn about the universe at the same time as everyone else, and learn things a lot easier by learning the universe as I get more familiar with MMA in general. That'll probably factor into my purchase decision, too. . .
Unread 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Low Minors

I'll be running something along the lines of a diary.. I already do using the NHB MMA simulation software at my website, http://predict.stasis.org

can't wait for WMMA to be released!!
Unread 10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Low Minors

I hope to be doing a diary, I may try to do one like the K-1 style in the cornelverse, i.e. focus on strikers.

Adam, will you be doing a diary similar like you did with TEW where you play the game as no one, i enjoyed that in the TEW and if you arn't going to run one i would be happy to do it as it did allow some insight into how the game plays out.

Last edited by adamrobertk : 10-24-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Low Minors

I made a diary of sorts for College Hoops 2K7 that I posted on my blog, and I had a pretty good time with it. I enjoy writing diaries if I haven't invested a personal touch into the universe, which I often do. For example, in all the TEW games, I used WWE mods but I also added a few of "my" wrestlers that have floated around my head since Wrestlemania IX, who then found their way into all wrestling games from WWF Attitude to WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007.

My point is, being a non-fan of MMA as I am, and the fact that I won't be using any mods for WMMA since I won't know who anyone is (I still don't even know what this Chuck Liddell guy looks like that everyone keeps talking about around here), I will more than likely write a diary just for the sake of immersing myself more into the game. WMMA has become a first-day buy for me, so I may as well go the whole way with it.