Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:05 AM
GDS Developer

Post Wmma Faq

This forum is where you should post any problems or errors you encounter with WMMA.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where did my thread go? Did somebody delete it? Why?

Threads are removed once they have been addressed and the fix released (either in a temporary patch or a full patch). If you are still getting the error even after that, please start a new thread.

"I get Runtime Error 75 under Vista"

You must run WMMA with Admin user rights. (Change the WMMA.exe file to "Run as administrator")

"I am having problems with my e-license AKA I have lost my license \ I had a hard disk crash \ I did a system restore..."

See the E-License FAQ at the top of this forum.

How many licenses does the game come with?

It comes with one license.

When I try to load the game I get: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate application.

Disable your DEP (Data Execution Prevention):

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Select the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"

"When I try to load the game I get the hour glass, but it only lasts a few seconds and nothing happens..."

See this thread

"I can only see part of the screen \ the screen looks weird \ the icons in the taskbar are not lining up properly..."

Right click on your Desktop -> Properties -> Settings, and alter your screen resolution to a bigger one if you can't see all the game. Alternatively, if that doesn't work, go to the same Settings menu, but click Advanced. You will see a place to set your DPI, make sure it is 96.

"I am getting Runtime Error 75 at random points while the game is in the between-days loading period..."

There is some evidence that this is due to a clash between the game and some anti-virus software. You should temporarily turn off the anti-virus software and see if that causes the error to cease.

If it happens almost immediately upon hitting Next Day, it could be because one of your files has been set to Read Only (this is common if you move files around when copying and pasting save games). You can check the read settings via the Properties menu for each file.

"I am experiencing crashes \ freezing..."

There are several things you can try to solve this.

You can try downloading a Memory Management Tool. I'd especially recommend it if you are playing under Win98 or Win2000, as they are terrible at handling memory.

If you have other big programs running, try turning them off. This is especially true of Messenger \ AIM, as people IMing you can slow down your system.

Finally, make sure you have run a virus check, and have removed any spyware \ adware that is on your machine, as they are the chief cause of problems.

"How do I unlicense the game? \ Can I have it on more than one PC?..."

You can have the game itself on as many PCs as you want, but it can only be licensed on one at any point in time. Once again, it is important to keep your license code and order details safe, as otherwise you will have problems moving your license.

To unlicense, go to Window's Control Panel, and into the ELicense folder. Highlight the WMMA license, and click Unlicense. Make sure you are connected to the Internet before doing this so that your license will be correctly returned to the servers.

To license elsewhere, simply run a copy of the full game, and fill in the license code when prompted.

"I cannot seem to unlicese the game, I can't access the Elicense Control Panel..."

Go to the command prompt and use "C:\Program Files\GDS\WMMA\WMMA.exe -unlicense" (without the inverted commas, and changing the path if necessary). If that does not work, please contact Scott.

"When trying to play the game, I get Runtime Error 429, Runtime Error 383, or Runtime Error -2147024770 (8007007e)..."

First uninstall then reinstall the game, in case it didn't finish installing the DLL files correctly the first time. If that doesn't work, click Run from your Windows Start menu, and type:

Regsvr32 scrrun.dll (and press enter)
Regsvr32 dx8vb.dll (and press enter)
Regsvr32 ovscombo2d.ocx (and press enter)
Regsvr32 ovsbooleancontrols.ocx (and press enter)

You should now be able to play the game.

"My save game is not showing up in the Load Game menu, but is in the Delete Game menu..."

This is because a file is missing, and therefore the game cannot be loaded. This is usually caused by people exiting using the red X in the top right hand corner, and therefore not letting the game close its files properly, or because of a crash. Please make a post in the forum and a member of staff will help you.

I got install error "File size expected=24706418, size returned=256598"

This means you did not download the full file, you only got part of it. This is normally because your connection cut out before your computer could finish.

The game checks for errors but then doesn't do anything \ I cannot see the entire screen \ the icons in the taskbar do not line-up...?

If you cannot see the bottom edge of the screen you will not be able to continue with the game, as the buttons will not be visible to you. First set your screen resolution to a higher settings. You then need to go to Desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced and set your DPI to 96.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 11-10-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Closed Thread