Official Marvel Mafia Game Thread
Borrowed from the last game by theoutlaw321 which was borrowed the game before by derek_b, and so on, and so on....
This is the code to which you will live your life from now on. Read them aloud to yourself each day, write them down and memorise every word. Likewise, when you get your role PM make sure you read it carefully and pay attention to what it says.
While most of the rules here have simply been copy and pasted from previous games, I have made some additions and alterations of my own. So don't think you can skip any of them!
HOW TO PLAY:
- All of you will be PM’d a role and your alignment. The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.
- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You don’t have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead – just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM me. DO NOT post it in the thread.
- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps. Day phases will last 48 hours or until a concensus is reached. Night phases will last 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activites are concluded.
- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. Town players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD!). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username (AGAIN BOLDED!). You can also change your vote to nobody by typing Change Vote: No Vote (IN BOLD!). You can also choose to vote for No Lynching by using Vote: No Lynch (yeah... BOLDED!), meaning you actively vote to not lynch anyone during that day phase rather than passively not voting at all. You must post in the thread for your vote to be counted. You do not have to vote if you do not wish to. While I prefer people to use the "Change Vote" method to change their votes I will count any vote that says "Vote: X". However you must use the full username of the person who is being voted for or I will not include that vote.
- A lynch is achieved whenever a person obtains more than 50% of the vote or when the 48 hour day phase runs out. If no majority vote has been reached by the time the day phase expires, a no lynch will be declared. Once a person dies, I will reveal their alignment and role.
- Night falls after somebody is executed or a no lynch is achieved. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using whatever form of communication appeals to them) – if anyone at all. Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM me, and I’ll PM you the outcome of the ability. If it is something serious like somebody getting killed, I will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM me what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace.
- Night ends once I post who gets killed, and the cycle repeats itself. The Town players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.
-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town – so try to keep them alive!
- I know it’s the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if you’re going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why you’re doing so.
- Though I can’t force you to post, I’d love to see active participation. I would advise everyone try to check in with this game at least once a day. Things move fast and you can fall behind pretty easily.
- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. This includes notes found on your corpse, cryptic messages from the dead, etc, etc. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do – besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, I’m willing to listen to your theories as to what’s going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.
- Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I can’t enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.
- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage all players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.
-Players are not allowed to cut and paste anything straight from the Role PM except the Role. No cutting and pasting of the body of the PM. You can paraphrase what your Role PM says but that is all.
-Though I can't keep you from role claiming, I would advise against it.
-And another pet peeve. Play your role/alignment.
I reserve the right to modkill if I find out that any of these rules have been broken. Please remember that you are not the only one playing this game, so don't ruin it for everyone else!
The mods for this game are Imarevenant and Antithesis. All PMs regarding abilities, questions or anything else should be sent to them. If you fail to communicate your information then I will go on what I have. You have be warned!
19. The Aussie
35. Sprinklefurball 2.0
0. Imarevenant he was Professor Charles Xavier (AKA Professor X) Town Aligned Advocator of Mutant Rights
00. Antithesis he was Tony Stark (AKA Iron Man) Town Aligned Avenging Socialite
33. Shamelessposser he was Pheobe Cuckoo Town Aligned Protégé of the White Queen
23. TJROH he was En Sabah Nur (AKA Apocalypse) Alliance of Evil Aligned Immortal Conqueror
15. Gonvick he was Stephen Strange (AKA Doctor Strange) Town Aligned Sorcerer Supreme
17. Blasphemywebleed he was Steve Rogers (AKA Captain America) Town Aligned Super Soldier
10. Foolinc he was Mephisto Alliance of Evil Alligned Dealer of Souls
32. sprinklefurball he was Frank Castle (AKA The Punisher) Town Aligned Cold-Blooded Vigilante
16. Trypio he was Celeste Cuckoo Town Aligned Protégé of the White Queen
8. The Shape he was Felicia Hardy (AKA Black Cat) Town Aligned Cat Burglar
30. JackalBane he was Raven Darkholme (AKA Mystique) Town Aligned Doppleganger
25. Ya its me he was Emma Frost Town Aligned White Queen
26. Astil he was Jean Grey Town Aligned Marvel Girl
21. Akki he was Reed Richards (AKA Mr Fantastic) Town Aligned Big Brain
22. BIGJOSH he was The Phoenix Force Individually Aligned Blood-Thirsty Celestial Being
6. Derek B he was Blood Brother Titan Aligned Minion of Thanos
3. Nevermore he was Victor Von Doom (AKA Doctor Doom) Leader of the Alliance of Evil
34. Slim Jim he was Eric Lehnsherr (AKA Magneto) Alliance of Evil Aligned Master of Magnetism
5. Midnightnick he was Namor Town Aligned Lord of the Seven Seas
20. Moe Hunter he was Blood Brother Titan Aligned Minion of Thanos
1. Arrows he was Eddie Brock (AKA Venom) Individually Aligned Vengeful Symbiote
29. THEDEMONSEED he was Blackagar Boltagon (AKA Black Bolt) Town Aligned King of the Inhuman’s
13. mjdgoldeneye he was Janet Van Dyne (AKA The Wasp) Town Aligned Fly on the Wall
11. Lostrelms he was Nathaniel Richards (AKA Kang the Conquerer) Alliance of Evil Aligned Eternal Time-Traveler
24. Mr T Jobs To Me he was Ororo Munroe (AKA Storm) town Aligned Weather Girl
27. I Effn Rule he was Wade Wilson (AKA Deadpool) Town Aligned Wise-Cracking Hero For Hire
4. Crychon he was Warren Worthington III (AKA Angel) Town Aligned Avenging Angel
9. Bluestar he was Autumn Rolfson (AKA Famine) Town Aligned Misguided Anorexic Teen
Day 1: The Lynching of Shamelessposer; http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31230&page=20
Night 1: The death of TJROH; http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=1035
Day 2: No Lynch; http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=2069
Night 2: The deaths of Gonvick and Blasphemywebleed; http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=2137
Day 3: The Lynching of Foolinc http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=2769
Night 3: The deaths of Sprinklefurball and Trypio http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=2903
Day 4: The Lynching of The Shape http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=3589
Night 4: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=3647
Day 5: The Lynching of JackalBane http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=4168
Night 5: The Deaths of Ya_Its_Me, Astil, djthefunkchris, and Akki http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=4642
Day 6: The Lynching of BIGJOSH http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=5121
Night 6 Special Event: The revivication of djthefunkchris http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=5150
Night 6: The Death of Derek B http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=5174
Day 7: The Lynching of Nevermore http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=5559
Night 7: The Deaths of Slim Jim and Midnightnick http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=5656
Day 8: The Lynching of Moe Hunter http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=6047
Night 8: The Death of Arrows http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=6099
Day 9: Skipped http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=6577
Night 9: The Deaths of THEDEMONSEED and mjdgoldeneye http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=6644
Day 10: The Death of Lostrelms http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=7301
Night 10: The Deaths of i effin rule and Mr T Jobs To Me http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=7346
Day 11: No Lynch http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=7606
Night 12: The Deaths of Crychon and Bluestar http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=7622
Day 12: GAME OVER; The Titans Win http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...postcount=7678
Last edited by Imarevenant : 05-28-2008 at 02:18 AM.
New York City
For more than a century, New York City has been one of the world’s centers of commerce and finance. The city holds influence over media, politics, entertainment, and the arts across the world. As one of the most densely populated cities in the world, the city is also rife with criminal opportunity. Ill equipped with an undermanned, and largely unappreciated, police force the city has had its fair share of trouble in trying to protect its populace.
Thus, it is no surprise that the city has also become a world leader in another interesting enterprise.
Superheroes. Individuals with extraordinary gifts that have made it their life’s work to protect others and make the city safe for all.
One such individual can be observed answering to a distress call sent out by a trusted colleague just this morning.
A quiet thoughtful man, one would, on first glance, see nothing but vulnerability. Confined to a wheelchair, the consequence of a previous spinal injury, Professor Charles Xavier is a quite unassuming individual. Without prior knowledge, one would never guess that the bald, frail-looking man was the leader of the world’s most renowned group of mutant superheroes, or that he, in fact, possessed one of the most powerful minds on earth. A mind capable of telepathic feats, most could only dream of.
No, to the unknowing eye, this morning was like any other; one in which there just happened to be a wheelchair bound man entering the Baxter Building.
“Charles; you are the first to arrive. I’m sorry, I have to bother you all like so; but I’ve just picked up a very interesting reading.”
“No need for apologies, my good friend. I trust that whatever prompted you to contact all of us, must be of utmost importance.”
Now, I had been studying a peculiar Supernova, on the outreaches of the galaxy for some time now. That however, has taken on much less importance after my findings yesterday.
I think one of the kids, must have altered the settings in the observatory, because when I came to continue research yesterday morning I was staring straight at Jupiter. I was about to reset my bearings and continue my research, when in my periphery I noticed a small flash of light, like a tiny burst of energy, almost like an explosion. Naturally, I had to find out what it was, I never saw another flash, but I immediately began collecting data.
I found no anomalies in the magnetic field, radio signals picked nothing up.
I couldn’t get any readings at all, at first, but I took a chance made some modifications to the reticulating…….
That is, I made some alterations in the system and found the tiniest of spikes in cosmic energy. These spikes have been a regular occurrence now, since I spotted them. There is 1 every 5 minutes or so. There is definitely something mechanical up there.
The flash I saw was most likely a ship jumping into our galaxy, and since it hasn’t moved; I’m willing to bet it’s hiding behind Jupiter, trying to avoid detection.”
“You’re sure this is a ship?”
“Oh, yes. And this is unlike anything we’ve seen, this isn’t mere Shi’ar cloaking technology. I mean, S.H.I.E.L.D. found a way to circumvent that a long time ago.
Let me make this clear though, this isn’t a mere jumpship we're dealing with. You may, or may not know that NASA and S.H.I.E.L.D. have been investigating Jupiter’s moons and have been sending rovers there to study them on a consistent basis. I called in some favors and got one of these rovers to take some pictures.
Take a look, you can only see an outline, but it’s pretty clear this is some kind of vessel and it’s big. Almost a quarter the size of Jupiter in fact. Vessel…….ha!
This is a space station. A station that somehow has the technology to slip by all conventional means of detection. This is beyond Shi’ar capabilities, it’s beyond the capabilities of almost any known beings in the universe actually. I can only think of one, with the intellect and resources to construct this. That’s why I had to get you all here.”
“So you believe, it’s him?”
“I can’t think of any other explanation, Charles.”
“You’ve contacted the others? Just how long do we have?”
“To be honest, it may already be too late.”
“Then I believe preparations will need to be made. Brief the others as they arrive, I’ll need to gather up the X-Men, we’ll need all the help we can get on thi………”
And right on cue, the Baxter Building shook, hit by some unseen force. A less well constructed building would have toppled to its core and if it wasn’t for the improvements and the K-bracing that the owner of the Baxter Building had installed for just such events this building too would have collapsed unto itself.
Although the building held up to the blast, the condition in which it stood was very much up for debate. The windows of the top 10 stories had been blown completely out, and the observatory was now filled with smoke from the blast itself and the various small fires that broke throughout the building.
Surprisingly the scientist was able to brace himself against various objects and stood through the blast, Charles however, being jarred from his wheel chair, lay sprawling on the floor amongst the broken glass and toppled machines. Charles and the scientist shot each other a look when suddenly a thudding footstep resounded throughout the observatory. Louder and louder the footsteps approached, until the hulking being emerged from the smoke.
“Well, well. Two for the price of one. This is going to be easier than I thought.”
The scientist immediately struck, striking the being with seemingly every limb from every possible angle. The scientist was quick and unrelenting; however, the strikes were nothing but mere annoyance for someone of his attacker’s stature. The being grabbed the scientist by the wrists and flung him to the wall. The scientist stunned began contemplating his next move but before he could take action he was hit with a bolt of energy emanating from the beings hands.
“I’ll deal with you later.
Trying to get into my mind Professor? Two can play that game.”
With the scientist unconscious, the being grabbed Professor Xavier by the throat lifting him into the air. He stared deep into his prey’s eyes and flashed a devious grin. Charles began to squirm in his grasp; a million different thoughts racing through his head, memories of long forgotten days flooded his mind, along with the single most painful sensation he’d ever experienced. As if someone was slowly and methodically deconstructing his entire mind, piece by piece. Desperately the Professor tried to call out for help but he found that he could not as much move a finger let alone yell.
Slowly he felt himself slipping away. Resigned to the fact that this would be his last act, the professor focused all his energy into a call to arms. Friends, acquaintances, and former allies all immediately received his distress call. He may not have been able to stop the attacks but he’d at least warn others of the immense danger that would soon plague them all.
And like that he was gone.
The being held Charles in the air with one hand, and reached inside the professors inside coat pocket with the other. He let the Professors lifeless body hit the floor with a sickening thud and clutched the prize he was searching for. The gem shone with brilliance, as bright as any star, few knew the actual power it possessed and if they did, they would have taken every precaution to keep it out of this particular beings hands. The being let out a laugh knowing he was but one step closer to reaching his ultimate goal.
The being slowly looked toward the fallen scientist with madness in his eyes; when suddenly he was struck by a powerful blow from behind.
Stumbling forward the being turned to face his attacker, and was utterly surprised by who he saw standing before him.
“You? Well, maybe I will have to break a sweat after all. For now……”
The being pressed his index finger to his lips and let out a whisper “....Shhhh”
And in the blink of an eye the being was gone; leaving the scientist and his ally to sort out the mess.
Last edited by Imarevenant : 04-28-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Meanwhile at Stark Tower
He had had a long night out, but what else was new for the philanthropic socialite. Hobnobbing and binge drinking had always been his vices, and last night was a particularly good one, if he did say so himself.
Unfortunately, these vices came with specific repercussions. His mind was clouded and sleep was difficult enough with the onset of a hangover coming on, however things went from bad to worse when the desperate cry for help from a colleague pierced his brain.
He woke with a jolt “Charles!”
The buxom blonde next to him, bolted up as well.
“Jesus Christ, Tony! What the hell are you trying to do; give me a heart attack?!”
Beads of sweat dripped from his brow, as he tried to determine what had just happened. Lost in thought he didn’t even notice the half naked woman sitting next to him.
Snapping out of it, Tony Stark, rolled out of bed, and made his way to his desk and personal security center. He pressed a few buttons activating dozens of monitors and televisions along the wall. Newscasts from every conceivable television network quickly displayed video of a smoldering, near collapse building. A landmark in this city; there was no mistaking which building it was.
“The Baxter Building……Charles…….”
Tony pressed a few more buttons on his security center, and within seconds wood paneling in the room began to turn and shift, revealing secret compartments, only his eyes were meant to see.
Reminded that he wasn’t alone this morning, Tony turned to find a utterly confused woman staring at him.
“Right, look, last night, I’m sure, was a blast. And I want to thank you….ummmm…..what was your name again?”
“Jen!” she said as she rolled her eyes.
“Right, Jen. Thank you for a lovely evening, really, it was great; I think. Either way, it appears that I have much more important matters to attend to. If you could please let yourself out, the doorman will see to it that you arrive home….wherever that may be….safely.”
Insulted the woman gathered her clothes and before even dressing stormed out of the room. Not that Tony cared nor noticed.
Realizing the stakes of what he feared to have happened Tony once more went back to his preparations. He approached a small safe now revealed by the retracted paneling. His hands worked the dials swiftly and in mere seconds the safe was popped open. He was so consumed by the possibility of one threat that he didn’t even notice the other until it came crashing through his window.
Tony turned and was startled to see the figure hovering before him. No strangers, Tony pleaded with the figure to help.
“Wait, you have no idea how much danger we are all in……we’ll need to fight together before long…”
Those pleas fell on deaf ears however, as Tony was greeted with a bolt of electricity that hit the man square in the chest; a dead shot to Tony’s infamous injured heart.
“Danger? You must have me confused with someone else.
I Fear No One!
And before long you will all learn to fear me and what I have in store for you and your kind. No longer will you and your associates stand in our way!”
“But…he…is coming…..we’re all……in danger.”
“I don’t know who you are talking about, but I assure you that you are going to die in my hands long before he can do you any harm.”
With that the figure clutched Tony’s throat in his cold metal hands and smiled a cold hard grin as the one they would call Iron Man took in his last breath.
“Now let’s see just what you were up to before I so rudely interrupted.”
The figure opened the safe and basked in the warm yellow glow that emanated from within. He reached in and held the gem in his hands; he knew not of the power of this gem, but knew that if Tony Stark went through such measures to hide it then it would be worth taking.
“It appears we may just have one more trick up our sleeves, in this endeavor.”
And with that the figure was gone. Tony Stark’s remains would be found hours later, as trusted colleagues wondered why he hadn’t answered the scientists earlier distress calls.
The deaths of both Iron Man and Professor Charles Xavier were heavy blows to the superhero community. But in death they would both serve as reminders to the dangers that awaited.
Even more the call to arms sent out as Professor Xavier’s final act would bring hundreds of gifted beings and individuals to the city. The help of which would be greatly needed before all was said and done.
However, with such an eclectic grouping of individuals, it has to be asked, are all of their motives the same?
Imarevenant is dead. He was Professor Charles Xavier (AKA Professor X) Town Aligned Advocator of Mutant Rights
Antithesis is dead. He was Tony Stark (AKA Iron Man) Town Aligned Avenging Socialite
Last edited by Imarevenant : 04-28-2008 at 01:03 PM.
And so it begins.
Good Luck all.
It is Day Phase 1. You have until 11:00AM EST/4:00PM GST on Wednesday April 30th to vote on a lynch. If at that time a majority is not reached, a no lynch will be declared.
With 36 players it is 19 to Lynch.
Hey, someone else is trying to take over our thread!! Get him!!