W.A.S Power Ranking ~ Week 14
- Just like the BCS and the computer polls, Oklahoma is ranked ahead of Texas. Of course OU has been ranked about Texas for the past couple of weeks, so I guess the point is moot.
- The FOOL2 poll's man (computer?) love for TCU stands strong as it passes Penn St. in the rankings.
- The first note has to be about the newest addition to the W.A.S. rankings, the bowl projections. I mainly went with the FOOL2 rankings to pick the team, however besides following the rules of the BCS, I also followed the unwritten rule that two two from the same conference can't play in the same bowl game (hence no OU/Texas).
- Speaking the my bowl predictions, guess which bowl eligible team wouldn't be going to a bowl game if the committees went by the FOOL2 poll. Give up? It's Notre Dame. Suck it Domers.
- Without stats backing me up and only using the crudest SOS available, I am quite pleased with the polls as a whole. I just hope that Florida and Oklahoma wins their conferences or else I am screwed. Then again if Oklahoma loses everything is going to be screwed.
FOOL2 Poll Top 25
1. (1) Oklahoma
2. (2) Texas
3. (4) Florida
4. (3) Texas Tech
5. (5) Utah
6. (6) Ohio St.
7. (8) TCU
8. (7) Penn St.
9. (11) Boise St.
10. (9) Alabama
11. (12) Southern California
12. (10) Georgia
13. (13) Oklahoma St.
14. (21) Boston College
15. (17) Ball St.
16. (20) Georgia Tech
17. (14) Missouri
18. (15) Florida St.
19. (18) Cincinnati
20. (16) Oregon St.
21. (19) BYU
22. (24) Mississippi
23. (22) Michigan St.
24. (26) Virginia Tech
25. (37) Oregon
Teams Dropped: California, Tulsa
Teams in FOOL2 not in AP25: Florida St., Virginia Tech
Teams in AP25 not in FOOL2: Pittsburgh, Northwestern
Highest Risers: Oregon (+12), UAB, Arkansas, South Fla., Navy, Clemson, and Kansas (+11)
Biggest Losers: Central Mich. (-15), Akron (-14), Kentucky and Miami (Fla.) (-12), Buffalo (-11)
119. (119) North Texas
118. (117 ) Washington St.
117. (116 ) SMU
116. (118) Idaho
115. (113) Miami (Ohio)
114. (114) Washington
113. (115) San Diego St.
112. (112) Iowa St.
111. (111) Tulane
110. (101) New Mexico St.
Teams That Escaped: UAB
National Championship: Oklahoma vs. Florida
Rose: Penn St. vs. Southern California
Fiesta: Texas vs. Ohio St.
Sugar: Alabama vs. Utah
Orange: Boston College vs. Cinninati
GMAC: Rice vs. Buffalo
International: Connecticut vs. Western Mich.
Liberty: Tulsa vs. Vanderbilt
Cotton: Texas Tech vs. Mississippi
Gator: Florida St. vs. Missouri
Capital One: Michigan St. vs. Georgia
Outback: Iowa vs. South Carolina
Chick-fil-A: LSU vs. Georgia Tech
Insight: Minnesota vs. Kansas
Music City: Kentucky vs. Wake Forest
Sun: Oregon vs. Pittsburgh
Armed Forces: Air Force vs. Houston
Holiday: Oregon St. vs. Oklahoma St.
Texas: Central Mich. vs. East Carolina
Humanitarian: Boise St. vs. Miami (Fla.)
Alamo: Wisconsin vs. Nebraska
Papajohns.com: South Fla. vs. Arkansas St.
Independence: Fresno St. vs. Fla. Atlantic
Emerald: Clemson vs. Arizona
Champs Sports: Virginia Tech vs. Northwestern
Meineke Car Care: North Carolina vs. West Virginia
Motor City: Ball St. vs. North Carolina St.
Hawaii: Hawaii* vs. Northern Ill.
Poinsettia : BYU vs. Louisiana Tech
New Orleans: Troy vs. Southern Miss.
EagleBank: Navy* vs. Maryland
Las Vegas: TCU vs. California
St. Petersburg: Rutgers vs. Memphis
New Mexico: Colorado St. vs. Nevada
* = Team has accepted bid
Last edited by foolinc : 12-01-2008 at 11:58 AM.
You're a Michigan fan? Ouch. At least you guys have had some measure of success in the past... oh, decade? Still, the numbers 35 and 17 make me feel a bit better about your comment.
/hangs his Hoosier head in horror
//sacrifices a goat in Tom Crean's name
///only divine intervention can make this season somewhat watchable