Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Phenom

Question is there a game guide?

im pretty new to mma world and really dont know anyone at all, and i just bought this game after liking the demo especially since the new ufc games coming out , so i barly know any guys on here really besides like the popular ones like brock, randy, silvia, tito, shamrock and thats pretty much it so i have no clue on how to pick which guy to fight which guy and how to seperate the shows so i have enough fighters. im only in the 4 month playing the mw 4 senario and i already went down pop 2 times, lost my tv show because they didnt want to renew. i tried picking up the guys that was in the top 10 in each category but the fans still dont want to see most of them fight, i had a outstanding line up every fight was great but the overal ratings of my show was awful...im totally lost here can someone please help? thanks in advance
Unread 05-07-2009, 02:20 AM
All Star

Try and put on two goof fights per show, and the rest of the fights can then be between someone that you want to win, and a can.

The two top fights should be one title match (usually) and the other a match between two top guys in their division. By top, this will generally mean ranked in the top 5/6 in their division, but more importantly, they need to have good popularity. eg if you are UFC (I'm assuming international popularity) then those four fighters in the main matches need to have high national popularity or greater (roughly)

Check the fan feedback for the matches before you book them - the overall rating of the show depends almost entirely on whether those top two matches have great or good fan feedback. If they both did - then you will almost certainly gain pop, if they didn't then you will lose pop.

For the undercard - build up 4/5 guys in each division on win streaks - have them beat the cans to build their rep / pop. Have a look at the skills of the wrestlers - match them up with someone who they will beat:

eg in the default data, Maarten de Vries is a fantastic striker, but has no ground defence, and has a poor chin - so you need to match him up with cans who are quite happy to standup rather than take it to the ground, but also you don't want someone with a big punch who can knock him out.

Hope this helps
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Phenom

ok thanks, so its kind like booking in tew having the book where u want this guy to win over and over instead of book 2 top guys every show?
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Low Minors

Yep, otherwise you'll run out of drawing fights sooner rather than later.
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Phenom

ok thanks, also how should u book ur tv shows? its only once a month but im not sure if i should put top fights on their because then it leaves nothing for the ppv
Unread 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Low Minors

Look on your roster analysis screen. The fighters in the second box can main event a TV show. I tend to find that you only need one big fight to carry a TV show, you can fill the remaning slots with anyone else. Be sure to check the fan feedback button though.
Unread 05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Phenom

ok thanks