Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Bowl Bound College Football > Bowl Bound College Football Online Leagues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-02-2011, 05:52 AM

Default GDCFL on SimNation

GDCFL is an online college football league using a conference setup that is very similar to the real 2011 college landscape with slight team movement to get ten conferences of twelve teams each. This setup allows every conference to have a championship game and for the champion of every conference to be included in a 16 team playoff to determine the National Champion. All of the teams in the Big 6 conferences started the inaugural 2000 season with the same prestige and talent level to create a unique simulation where each team has an opportunity for greatness. There is also a mechanism for elite mid major teams to move into a Big 6 conference. GDCFL utilizes Bowl Bound College Football by GreyDog software and a full version of this game must be purchased to play in the league. GDCFL performs game simulations three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during the regular season. The entire season (Training Camp, Regular Season, Off Season) takes approximately three months to complete. Stop by the website and use the Join menu link to play today!

League Website: GDCFL

Last edited by hughesjr : 07-23-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM

GDCFL is getting ready to start our 3rd season.

We are now allowing 2 teams per coach (One BCS and one Non-BCS) ... while they last.

There are 12 BCS teams still available ... come on over and get a team.
Unread 11-17-2011, 12:58 AM

Default Gdcfl

I think GDCFL is the largest league now in terms of human coaches. We had 76 last season and are just under that now. We have a League Blog and because we started with ALL BCS teams at a prestige level of 50, the competition is pretty even between all teams. As Johnny said in his original post, we have unique rules around coach hiring and firing and also team movement. You can build a non BCS team and once certain thresholds are met they eligible to be moved into a BCS conference.

Come check it out.
Unread 11-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Coolness!

I gave this league a chance. The files got messed up twice mid-season so we had to reset it twice and we were about to start the season over for a third time when I was removed for wanting to do a privately-shared "GDCFL B.S. Top & Bottom Ten?". It is meant as a joke but some coaches took offense.

Robb the GDCFL Commish runs an otherwise fine league and I wish happiness and success to the GDCFL.

I thank them for giving me the opportunity. Sorry the files got messed up. Robb is a good Commish and a good person.

Best,

Jay

Last edited by FBPro-Fan : 02-13-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Unread 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Rookie

I wonder if the real-life Notre Dame coach threatens to quit every time his team is mentioned in ESPN's Bottom Ten:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ings-bottom-10

Pretty sad that computer game coaches take it all so seriously that they can't even handle a fictional "Tom and Bottom Ten" without having a hissy fit.

But the GDCFL files this season have been a disaster anyways. Three different "re-starts" because of buggy schedules. And it never got fixed so mulitiple times all season long there were teams that won games in the first sims that were later nullified and changed to losses in the re-sims. It's too bad.

The CFL ( [http://www.bigleaguesports.net/ ) is the best-run NCAA-style BBCF league out there.

The ACFA ( http://www.theacfa.org/ ) is the best fictional-team BBCF league.