Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Super Star

So, in my continued campaign with Rachel Noir, Risktaker died (again) as did Combat Wombat. Damn Iga the Ninja. Lucky Iggy's out of Ravenholme.

So Noir's patrolling mostly with Deathwatch Beetle (who is probably my favorite character in the InfinityVerse). He doesn't have Risktaker's puzzle solving mojo but unless I'm dealing with Narco that's not too much of a problem as I bumped Noir's reasoning to 750.

I also got my first kill, against Emcee. Beetle didn't like it but we patched things up.

Noir's now Well Known and in her 13th volume, heading upwards and onwards.
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Hall of Fame

I just started a new random game, forgot to assign a picture! May never assign one again! Genius!
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Living Legend

Rachel Noir's a lot happier in Diddly Squat - dating Cymru Dragon certainly helps. Is it odd that I'm fine playing as a woman, but couldn't bring myself to date a man? I think it's just that the female renders are more attractive than the male

I've also had some titanic fights of late. Despite amping up my powers and weapons (including adding a flamethrower in honour of her indoors) a fight with Urbane Terrorist turned nasty when he brought in his backup, the Muffin Man. MM turns out to be a veritable speedster, avoiding half my moves, and it took a long old time to wear the duo down - not helped by Urbane's Shock Bomb attack which is just nasty.

Soon after, I had a surprisingly tough fighter with Easter and the Masked Cavalier. Cav went down fairly early on, but Easter's plants and vines kept tying me up (not sure if they roll against Agility or Reactions... but I have 680/720 for them, so I'm surprised they kept getting me). In the end, I picked her off, but she left me down around 15%

My new flamethrower came in handy when I was facing Marquess - a vampire character, for those unfamiliar with him. Flamethrower. Vampire. Yup: 50% damage bonus - that was a quick fight.

But my closest fight so far was against Irish Curse, having tracked him down... only to find him aligned with the Lancastrian and the jabroni known as Phenom. First I focused on Lancastrian, then on Irish Curse, but throughout those fights I noticed that Phenom kept landing his Dashing Punch strike, chipping away at my health. When it came down to one on one, I was much more powerful... but he was as agile as me, and after the preceding fights I was at substantially lower health. It was a race to the bottom, with me generally evading his hits, but not always. He, meanwhile, kept avoiding everything I threw at him... Except my weak grapple attack which takes away about 190 points a time. At less than 200 points of health left, it was only by avoiding a Dashing Punch and hitting two grapple attacks as the turns fell in my favour that I was able to come out on top... with less than 5% of my health left.

That win put me at 51% above target for Volume 4, with Noir at Well Known (Level 6), and on course to hit level 7 fairly soon. At that point, I imagine I'll move on from Diddly Squat - I need to find a few tougher opponents, and Principal City seems like it could be fun...
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Living Legend

My Noir's in Volume 8, flirting periodically with the Flashing Blade, heading a supergroup - the Nightmares - consisting of herself, Faceless Redemption, and Deathwatch Beatle, Iconic in status, and still chasing Vicki Hate. Virtually all of her stats are now at the 750 level of rough human max, with Reasoning and Cunning beyond it. She's added beanbag ammo (Stun) and capacitor rounds (Electric) recently, with a lot of friends and a laundry list of enemies.

I'm getting a little frustrated with my inability to find Hate anywhere, but at this point in my career it takes heavy hitters like Cape Killer to bring me down. (And some of the magical crew - I only let myself buy up Magic as a resistance stat when a magical type took me down.)
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Super Star

Just ran a test game for my Marvel mod with Thor in a mod that to this point was designed for Spider-Man. It's way too much fun to squash Spidey's foes while they're lucky to get the occasional hit in against my god-level frame.

Also I added Luke Cage dialogue from actual Luke Cage quotes in the 70's. It's pretty great.
Unread 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Sir Bediveir and Sir Gwaine just took down Abi Baba and The Evil Jassa who had captured Sir Galahad...

I'm testing my middle-ages ad-on mod
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Rookie

I'm playing Mr. Dark, an undead darkness-themed superhero. He's long-time pals with Silver Seer, and has recently been partnering with Mortal Wombat and barely won a crazy 2v3 fight against a trio of baddies I can't remember off the top of my head. It's too bad Silver Seer is a teen because they'd be a good couple.

I've had him move to Ravenholme periodically, but he always gets beaten by Yin-Yang, and he can't make any friends. Ravenholme isn't his kind of town apparently.
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Currently playing Wudu's (superb) Marvel mod.

All I can say is LOL!

Maybe the Red Skull devised some sort of fiendish to device or plan, (outside of game mechanics) although I still don't see how it would do him much good against the Silver Surfer!
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalPhenom View Post
Maybe the Red Skull devised some sort of fiendish to device or plan, (outside of game mechanics) although I still don't see how it would do him much good against the Silver Surfer!
Surfer is notoriously naive and easy to trick. It was his biggest character note for a while.
Unread 03-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Rookie

Mr. Dark has gotten pretty established in Remisburg, and even began to have a romantic relationship with Dawn of the Dead (two dead characters smooching is a bit creepy). But she just got killed by a group of three supervillains!
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Super Star

So, after installing the InfinityPlus mod, I restarted my character concept from the default database--a human male who is armored, wields a longsword (on fire), can do minor heals to himself, but is weak to water. Based out of Remisburg.

Essentially, King Fenix but at Unknown and in a different location.

Here's how my first five issues have gone:

Vol 1-1: Track Debaser to get information, win fight, get no information. (5% above target)
Vol 1-2: On patrol, come across Silvertongue, Drain, and Clan Edwin who have assaulted Silver Seer. Get no help, lose the fight, my hero sacrifices himself to save Silver Seer.

Vol 2-1: Elect to revive character.
Vol 2-2: Patrol encounters Skeletons, defeat handily. (15% above target)
Vol 2-3: After a Word on the Street tells me Valhella will be attacking, I go on Patrol. Valhella and Vlad the Impala have ambushed Silver Seer. Again, no help. Manage to take out Vlad before Valhella defeats me. My hero AGAIN sacrifices himself for Silver Seer.

What does he even see in Silver Seer? *laughs* Welp, time to start another game; I can't even handwave away that he'd be on Volume 3 after only 4 true appearances. It doesn't look right to me.
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Minor League

Decided to generate a new character based on a origin.

Got this big muscle head with a ridiculous toughness and resistances...And the game is actually really fun for once since combats take a while and I can punch my weight division up.

I just wish more people talked about what is going on on their games I'm curious.
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Major League

The Boomtown Brawler is on issue 43

I think he may be as close to a perfect character
can dulplicate self
can multiply self
has perpetual energy
immune to outside influence
lucky level 3
master detective
technological genius
tireless
weapon master level 3
weapon charger level 3

ranged weapon ulimate 10
drain regular 10
energy bolt regular 10
melee regular 10
stun weapon ulimate 10
stun regular 10
drain ultimate 10

trying to unlock all the achievements
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condors View Post
The Boomtown Brawler is on issue 43

I think he may be as close to a perfect character
can dulplicate self
can multiply self
has perpetual energy
immune to outside influence
lucky level 3
master detective
technological genius
tireless
weapon master level 3
weapon charger level 3

ranged weapon ulimate 10
drain regular 10
energy bolt regular 10
melee regular 10
stun weapon ulimate 10
stun regular 10
drain ultimate 10

trying to unlock all the achievements
Did you manage to get the points for ALL THAT in 43 issues ?
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Major League

oppsie i meant 43 volumes also did alot of training