Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Low Minors

Default Dojo Graduates (Fake ones)

Has anyone ever had a graduate who wasn't programmed in the game (a random throwout with no picture) who they turned into a legitimate main eventer? I ask this because I see these guys as more my own talent I've discovered more than, say Leigh Burton or War Machine from 21CW's national school of wrestling.

About 3 years ago the National School threw out a kid named Ignacio Garrido, a Spanish guy with fairly decent stats who I decided I'd give a trial to and stick him in my action division (X Division equvilant obviously). So after a 3 month short term contract he gets good enough match ratings I kept him on, repackaged him as just Ignacio and stole a render from the render thread of the mask with flames thinking it could be a play on the word Ignite and an explosive cruiserweight style. He won a few matches but lost a fair amount too. Never had a storyline or a title mostly just a filler guy. Infact the only thing of note he has done in finish runner up in the 1 2 Watch tournament (KOTR basically) 2 years running. But after doing my monthly push checks it turned out he was somehow now a main eventer after slowly creeping up the card.

The problem is now my Main Event scene is already overloaded with guys like Adam Matravers, Eddie Cornell, Joss Thompson, Jonathan Faust, Red Dragon, War Machine, Ricky Storm, Oleg Doroskolov and Leigh Burton already fighting for limited spots and with my current main event storyline tieing up a lot of the guys above, and my next storyline to evolve from that it looks like the best he can hope for is a tag run with Daniel Black Francis.

So have any of you ever got behind one of those fake graduates and put a backstory to them? Have any just stumbled into the main event scene by mistake or are they just fodder for the established guys to make themselves look stronger?
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Major League

In my old OVW game a random gen, from one of my multiple dojos, by the name of Marc Broughton was the biggest star in the history of the company.

My first 2 A* matches were slobberknockers between Broughton and Glenn.

I miss that game lol.
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Hall of Fame

See, for me, they are the legit graduates of a dojo. Their stats come out based on what the dojo's training focus and prestige rating are. The ones programed in have been made by someone, these guys are purely created by the mechanics of the game. So if I get someone come though the dojo with promise, sure, I'll get right behind them.

Had a guy who came though a dojo in a self made promotion, had bags of money so created the dojo with max prestige, focused on technical wrestling. I had to wait 2 years but I got a graduate, David Fowler, and my god was he good. Good tech abilities, good psych, good SQ and amazing menace, 90 rated babyface.

He jobbed his way up the card to upper-mid by 'protecting the weak' from the overbearing heels, basicly menacing those heels in angles then losing to them because he didn't want to hurt them too bad. One day he 'snapped' and started dominating. Six months of weekly shows and monthly PPVs, he was in the Main Event, two months later he took the main title and held it for a year before losing it to Brent Steel, the second man to graduate from the dojo. Brent had nowhere near the upside of David, but he was still worth pushing because, well, he's homegrown talent.
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Low Minors

Two dojo guys in my blank slate 1 promotion game im watching look awesome. One dude has 96 mic and 96 charisma, in addition to good star quality and passable technical skills. Another guy has 80+ brawling, 70+ in all three technical skills, and high menace. Funnily enough, he can't be a heel.

As an ironic aside, the worst dojo graduate in that savefile, who is strictly 0/0/0/0 dreck, is the current world champion of the only org, due to him being a backstage politician. And here I thought this game didn't have enough of that realism.
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Major League

I got a new one earlier in my new OVW (c-verse) game

59 Puro 52/55 flying 62/62/60 entertainment
89 basics 42 psychology 73 selling... and a whopping 86 star quality.
Unread 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Hall of Fame

I was thinking this would be a different topic, about how "Stone Cold Austin Steve" graduating from the House of Stone.

So far I haven't had any decent grads from dojos.
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Low Minors

After starting this thread my games mocking me. The national school just threw out Henri Roux. 91 Charisma 90 Mic skills. Speaks fluent French, kinda a kick in the knackers for an English promotion.