Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd1 View Post
I am totally unsurprised that I am fully behind Bigpapa's vision. It's creative, it makes sense, and given how fantastic his WCW diary is, makes me want a BP created mod. Now.

I know Paul Heyman has a tendency to bend the truth slightly, but perhaps ECW landed a new TV show, or were given their InDemand money on time and that helped keep them afloat long enough to survive until the mod begins?
I echo your words. Was against ECW being in this but find myself wanting them in now with a chance for survival. Maybe an athlete from Philly financially backs ECW to keep it going.

I love what if scenarios! There are endless possibilities.

BP keep more of your ideas coming!!!
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive View Post
Given the close ties DDP had to Bischoff, this particular idea strikes me as being a bit weird. Please elaborate on why you think he'd leave WCW.
Well based on not knowing that he probably wouldn't

Please remember folks, anything I write is just throwing ideas out there, its not my mod, I just like the idea and am running with it

OK, here is my idea in a nutshell

WCW take over ECW and offer contracts to various ECW workers. WCW keeps ECW going while the contracts they dont want to renew expire. In this time Rhino drops the TV title to RVD and WCW secure the Dudley Boyz when their WWE contract expires, shoving them in ECW and having them win the ECW Tag Titles.

While this is happening WCW workers invade ECW, ECW workers invade WCW, Bischoff & Heyman going nose to nose in the centre of the ring, leading to a company vs company joint PPV, winner takes the spoils, with three title unification matches

ECW Television & WCW US
RVD vs Booker T

ECW Tag & WCW World Tag
Dudleyz vs Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire

ECW World & WCW World
Rhino vs DDP

Most titles matches won at the end wins. In predictable fashion RVD wins his match, Palumbo & O'Haire win theirs, it all comes down to the final match and with a little help from Bischoff DDP wins.

Following this a selection of lower & midcard folks are cut from WCW to fit in the ECW guys that are wanted:
Tommy Dreamer
TAZ
Rob Van Dam
Subu
Little Guido
Spike Dudley
Jerry Lynn
Justin Credible
Super Crazy
Yoshiro Tajiri
Steve Corino
Masato Tanaka
The Sandman
Mikey Whipwreck

Sandman didnt last long, and the WWE snapped him up, only to job him out to the rising star of Randy Orton and drop him a month later. Tommy Dreamer didn't stay on the main roster for long, but was sent to [development promotion] as a trainer. RVD, TAZ, Lynn, Credible, Corino & Tanaka put in the mid-card and the rest into the cruiser div.

With the cruiser division hugely popular combined with the high-flying style of WCW US champ RVD blowing up the ratings WCW decided to focus a little more on the wrestling. In this environment workers like Lynn & TAZ also thrived. During this time Goldberg had been developing his skills and on his return his hard-hitting style was as popular as ever. But by mid 2002 WCW's viewing figured were peaking at the mid-card, and dropping off for the main event.

DDP had dropped the WCW World title to Hogan in late 2001 as his contract required it. The fans actually booed a newly face turned Hulk Hogan! A month later Hogan dropped the title back to DDP, without knowing it was going to happen. They planned a ref bump spot, but Hogan didn't know it would be Bischoff in a refs shirt who would run out as the replacement. When Bischoff refused to count Hogan went ape-sh*t and was ready to knock Bischoff out, the crowd lapped it up. Bischoff got out of the ring, grabbed a mic and told the world that Hogan's schitck just couldn't cut it in WCW anymore. DDP legit leveled Hogan from behind with brass knuckles, covered him and Bischoff made the 3 count. As far as the crowd were concerned, business as normal, Bischoff screwed Hogan, the crowd liked it.

The aftermath saw Hogan & Nash walk out of Nitro that night and turn up at that weeks Smackdown tapings looking for a job. Vince put them on air that night, Hogan badmouthed WCW & Bischoff like crazy. The crowd cheered, well, most of them. A few, more vocal, fans started chanting 'You got knocked out!'. Vince had them ejected from the building.

A few months later (May 2002) DDP dropped the title to Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett had been promised a decent run with the title. But then the unthinkable happened, Kurt Angle signed on the dotted line with WCW. Kurt had been riding high in the WWE, but wanted a change of pace. With all but the PPVs and House Shows now filmed at Warner Bro Studios in LA Kurt could sit back and work on his tan, resting between shows rather than dragging his ass across America, he refused to do house shows. Bischoff decided to hotshot the title on Kurt on his debut at the next PPV. Jarrett was far from happy and asked for his release. Jarrett dropped the title clean to Kurt in what many people have said was the finest match of Jarrett's career. Then Jarrett grabbed the mic and simply told the world he'd had enough of this crap and walked out. He opened TNA with the backing of the NWA not long after and various former WCW & WWE (and some current WCW) stars joined him.

With Kurt on top of the ladder things changed rapidly. Bischoff needed guys who could hang with the kind of skills Angle had at the top of the card and fast. Bret Hart was the obvious choise for first feud, but others were needed too. At this point Heyman chimed in (he was kept around as a manager/commentator) and pointed out that TAZ was one of those people.

It was also noted that Scott Steiner was not, plus he was a pain backstage. After a particularly bad incident involving a female fan's genitals, a bottle of champaigne and a lawsuit Bischoff just fired the guy. TAZ was pushed hard and handled himself well as the silent destroyer. He didn't win the title but his place was firmly set.

Ric Flair also ducked out on WCW, but purely based on money, Vince just offered him more. This left another hole in the Main Event scene. Once again, Bischoff listened to Heyman and gave the super-hot RVD a try at the main event. RVD & Bret Hart vs Angle & TAZ on Nitro in the last week of September 2002 will probably go down in history as the turning point for WCW. Not only did it show that you could have entertaining wrestlers who actually had skills, but that nights episode of RAW's rating were the lowest they had ever been, period.

Three months later the mod begins...

OK, so it was my idea for WCW in a big nutshell

Sorry again, I can stop anytime anyone tells me to

EDIT: Spent so long typing this up I missed an entire page of stuff
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
All Star

So how about we try to tackle what if scenarios for Vince Russo, Rob Feinstein, and Gabe Sapolsky...

No TNA and Vince Russo never goes there. TNA opens up he probably goes there with Jeff Jarrett. Would be be in WCW or would be go back to WWE? Would be start his own thing?

ROH can't be born without Feinstein and Sapolsky right? For them to open it though I think ECW had to close. ECW stays open what happens? Sapolsky still opens ROH but not in Philly?
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Living Legend

Have to say that I like MJ Stark's concepts as well. Which highlights an issue with trying to set up a project like this - sorting throught the endless possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggaloninjalee View Post
I can go for that. Maybe have some of those guys who helped make ROH build to a brighter future for ECW. Colt Cabana, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, and Austin Aries... they could all play some part in a cult level ECW.
Indeed. I think an ECW that survives would work best as a melding between ECW as we knew it before and ROH. Find a way to highlight the best of both to create a really cool #3 promotion. Something that would be very fun to run, in terms of talent and in terms of overall promotional concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd1 View Post
I am totally unsurprised that I am fully behind Bigpapa's vision. It's creative, it makes sense, and given how fantastic his WCW diary is, makes me want a BP created mod. Now.

I know Paul Heyman has a tendency to bend the truth slightly, but perhaps ECW landed a new TV show, or were given their InDemand money on time and that helped keep them afloat long enough to survive until the mod begins?
Thanks. I have to admit that I did look at setting up a TEW mod for my second "WCW survives" project. I wasn't really keen on taking on a full project based on full fantasy booking. But after toying around a bit, I realized how much work it would take to set up a mod to run smoothly. The topic has come up against recently as someone on another forum asked me about it and it was an interesting thought, esepcially as I'm all the way to early 2007 in that project and the world is at least a decent-bit different.

If I wasn't working on that project now, I might consider taking it on (assuming Genadi was okay with me making a fantasy mod based on one of his projects) but I know how much effort that it takes.

I think there are a ton of ways you can have ECW survive. Maybe even something as simple as having Rob Feinstein put some money into it so his video company doesn't lose its primary material. That keeps ECW going for a few months until Heyman can lure another TV deal. What I would probably do for the mod is have them start with almost no money but some decent-sized contracts (say, if Jarrett was there), but add in narrative that gives them a money boost right after the mod starts - the investor putting their money in. If you would rather have ECW die, you can delete that narrative.

Quote:
I echo your words. Was against ECW being in this but find myself wanting them in now with a chance for survival. Maybe an athlete from Philly financially backs ECW to keep it going.

I love what if scenarios! There are endless possibilities.

BP keep more of your ideas coming!!!
Having money come in from an unusual source like a pro athlete is a unique idea.

As for your earlier comment about having Trump buy WCW... I have to admit i'm always kind of against Trump as an owner. He's an easy pick - rich, has a bit of a history with wrestling. But I never get the sense he really likes wrestling. He's also a businessman-first and I don't know he would buy into WCW without being sure it was going to make money. And that's a tough thing to be certain of. That's why I tend to lean toward Cuban - its just as cliched as Trump, but Cuban likes wrestling, plus he owns a TV network so there is that tie-in. As a sports franchise owner, he's a guy who is willing to buy expensive toys that don't guarantee returns. I just see Cuban as more willing to take on a vanity project than Trump.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Minor League

I am thinking for other promotions another option could be a more prominent NWA with several smaller territories as subsidiaries. Maybe with Jim Cornette as booker.
Unread 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Rookie

A few random thoughts of my own.

TNA, I would have TNA open, but without the Jarrett influence, have it open up in New York, as the Russo/Ferrera Crash TV style fed, over the top gimmicks, various objects on a pole matches etc. But in this TNA, no X-Division. The purpose of this TNA, will be mainly a way that Russo will attempt to show that WCW was wrong in letting him go etc. I would say it would open around may 2002, like in real life, as Russo was legit out of the business due to his concussion, maybe have WCW fire him, during his injury, making Russo wanting to start TNA in an effort to get back at WCW. In terms of the talent roster, Since this TNA will not have the "southern" vibe, the talent will be local tri-state workers, those not in ECW, and workrate-wise, are more mic orientated than in-ring.

XWF, The short lived Jimmy Hart fed, maybe with Hulk Hogan, not having the same stroke in WCW anymore, feels the need to stay number 1, what better way than with his good old buddy Jimmy Hart. Also add in a distance in the relationship of Hogan and Bischoff, due to Bischoff realising in order to keep his job, he needs WCW to succeed, and attempts to not be "one of the boys" and distances himself from Hogan, maybe even getting rid of creative control in as many contracts as possible. Large regional, maybe cult fed, based on family friendly nostaglia. Hulkamania running wild, in yellow and red. Brutus Beefcake, Nasty Boys, Earthquake etc... Basically a "legends of wrestling" tour.

NWA, The rebirth of old school. With the Bischoff-Flair relationship not being on the best of terms, Flair gets out of WCW. Japan or WWF/E are really his only options, until Dusty Rhodes steps in, and he and Flair hatch a plan to rebuild the NWA. The product will be southern rasslin from the 80s. Steamboat and other "old guards" from southern wrestling territories of the 80s, not locked up in WWF/E or WCW, or elsewhere, would be working behind the scenes. In terms of the talent, I would think real life early TNA, spice in a few big name indy workers available that fit the "southern style". I could see Dustin Rhodes and David Flair being involved in the roster, Dustin as a big star, with David, being more of a midcard act. Maybe name the promotion after Dusty's short lived promotion, Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling. Or to borrow promotion names from iDom, Ric Flair Promotions. The name would still need to be thought about, as even in this alt reality, the NWA would still be an "alliance", but with one figure head promotion.

Small other stuff: I think the WWE name change should still happen, as the Fund would still file the lawsuit/courtcase/whatever it actually was. On the ECW debate, Maybe have Dixie Carter get involved, have Heyman look for financial backing, and having found Dixie gets the extra money, however, Dixie wants the hardcore element toned down, hence the shift in style, to have it be a mix of ROH and ECW, but keep the original spirit of ECW alive. Maybe have the more hardcore based workers like sandman, leave ECW, and either join CZW or XPW, or a new small promotion in philly opened by, lets say Tod Gordon for now, that is like hardcore homing and various other philly hardcore promotions.

Just some random thoughts.
Unread 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
All Star

I think the most important thing here, regardless of which direction you choose, is to have it all make sense. Decisions needs to tie into each other and have basis in reality.

Here's my thoughts, for what they are worth:

WCW:
They are the core promotion of this mod, from what I understand. The important thing here is then to decide what has changed here, leadership wise. Because a big change is needed. Did Bischoff get someone with a fresh take in his ear? Or did they fire Bischoff? If Bischoff is gone, I see guys like Hogan, Jimmy Hart and DDP going with him. Perhaps with Jarrett to TNA. If Bischoff is still around, so should Hogan and DDP be. And some of his other close allies/friends.

Also, one should remember that if WCW in this scenario have been pushing guys like Guerrero, Jericho, Benoit Malenko, Storm, Mysterio et all heavily - then that must come at a cost. Because just like they were held back at the midcard irl, someone else must be so because of them in this mod. And irl, the guys on top keeping them down were guys like Hogan, Nash, Hall, Goldberg, Scott Steiner and so on. So a lot of these "old time" guys, depending on who's in charge of WCW, should be gone. Some to WWF, but most perhaps to Jarrett's TNA.

Top guys, apart from Jericho et all, should be Sting, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Booker T - and probably Bill Goldberg, as it would be feasible to have him better treated in this alternate reality. Maybe even throw in Owen Hart, saying that in this reality his ropes didn't break and he eventually jumped ship.

With Jericho et all out of the cruiserweight division and into the main event, they instead turn towards Japanese (and maybe Mexican) stars to bolster their cruiserweight ranks - signing guys like The Great Sasuke, Hayabusa (who, of course did not break his neck in this reality), Jushin Thunder Liger and the likes.

WWF:
Since this is a fantasy what-if scenario, I personally think it would be fun to say that they won the trademark battle with the panda guys. The old WWF reeks of much more nostalgia.

They should have all the usual suspects such as Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Kurt Angle and Triple H as top draws. Maybe having stolen a few disgruntled guys from WCW along the way such as The Giant/Big Show, Regal, Sid Vicious, Nash and Hall.

Not managing to sign Jericho et all as in real life, they instead decide to focus more on women's wrestling in order to try to counter the highly successful cruiserweight attraction of WCW.

They should have the best tag team scene of all promotions with teams like The Dudleys, The Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian tearing down the house. Even more focus should be put on this division, also as an attempt to counter WCW and offer something they somewhat lack.

People like Cena, Batista and Lesnar should either be groomed in WWF delopment or on the main roster, depending on the start date.

TNA:
TNA should be lead by Jarrett, his father, Vince Russo and Dutch Mantell. They would be joined by some of the former main eventers at WCW who were unhappy about losing their top spots to the cruiserweight division (Jericho et all). Could be guys like Scott Steiner, Hall, Nash - and if WCW is not lead by Bischoff, he should be there with Hogan and DDP as well. If Hogan is *not* in TNA, then Randy Savage should definately - being the top face feuding with Jarrett over the belt.

TNA could also be joined by some of the midcarders from WCW and, especially, WWF who were not given a lot of screen time at the time and wants to try their luck elsewhere. Chris Kanyon, Hugh Morrus and such. I basically see TNA with few (but of course some) "unknown" wrestlers and instead relying on name power and veteran wrestlers that were never given a real chance in the big two.

ECW:
Lots of talk has been going on about ECW, so I won't add much here. I see them, of course, losing some of their top guys - but signing new and exciting wrestlers to fill their gaps. ECW should be a mix between ECW and ROH and push new guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, etc. A little less hardcore, a bit more pure.

Alternatively to WCW doing it, ECW could be the ones sporting exciting foreign cruiserweight stars.

Japan:
And of course, it would be a fine idea generally to send some guys to Japan and vice versa - just to spise things up a bit. Maybe Misawa went to WWF, being promised a huge push there, instead of opening NOAH? Maybe Stan Hansen got control of AJPW after Giant Baba's death, opening them up and bringing in more foreign stars? Some of the North American talents could have started out in Japan to hone their skills. Hell, maybe The Giant/Big Show went to AJPW and became champion (Japan always loves big monster Americans).

Mexico:
I don't know much about lucha libre wrestling, but *something* could/should probably be done here as well.

Either way, I think you should sit down and devise a strategy and purpose for each promotion and then try to make sense of what could realisticly happen under those circumstances. And most importantly: try to make the promotions a bit distinctive.

Last edited by Hive : 03-13-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Low Minors

There has been some talk about WCW buying ECW. You have to remember that Heyman HATED Bischoff. There is no way they would coexist in WCW. ECW was also getting some cash from WWF, so it's that much more unlikely that WCW would end up buying them.

I like the idea that ECW is still around, albeit with a more wrestling oriented product. On the other hand, if Bischoff was in TNA with Jarrett, it would be fun to think of what Heyman might do with some world class talent and loads of cash in WCW.
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Low Minors

My thoughts on some potential happenings in the big three...

WCW - The mod focuses around the guys who didn't get the pushes they deserved in real life, so guys like Jericho would be towards the top of the ladder, wouldn't mind seeing Guerrero and Benoit being upper-midcarders just on the verge of breaking into the Main Event scene as they where in the WWE at this time.

Bret Hart would probably be starting to drop out of the title picture at this time, having previously held the belt in the late-90's, helping to get guys like Jericho and Benoit over as he winds down his career. Wouldn't be totally against one or two of the great midcarders WCW had not being capitalized on, perhaps Rey Mysterio being unmasked as he was in real life, falling out with Bischoff and returning to ECW or moving to the WWF/E.

WWF - I'd still suggest that the WWF should be ahead of WCW due to the success of the attitude era, but wouldn't mind something that weakens them at the start of the game, Shawn Michaels still picking up his back injury, maybe a few injury problems at the start of the game to weaken the WWF so that they are forced to replace guys like Rock/Austin etc. in the short term and maybe see them being forced away from the attitude era.

In this scenario I'd have guys like Lesnar/Cena/Batista/Orton all in the WWF still and being pushed really quickly but perhaps a little too early, before they've been able to develop their performance skills properly. The WWF should still be the bigger promotion because of guys like Taker, Rock, Austing, HHH etc. but this would make playing as the WWF much more of a challenge, although it may not appeal to many, I'm just writing down the ramblings of my mind.

ECW -
Guys like CM Punk and Samoa Joe could be absolutely brilliant as the next big things in a toned down ECW, I'd still have the likes of Sandman/Dreamer/Sabu around, while guys like Rhino, Tazz, Dudleys and RVD would have all moved on. As I said earlier I think financially ECW should have some difficulties at the start of the game, but not so bad that it's impossible for the player to save them, ECW could potentially, if included, be an even more enjoyable game than running WCW.

Personally I'd avoid including TNA and ROH in the mod, but as much as I like the idea, I couldn't see Jarrett ending up in ECW, surely if WCW and the WWF where not available to him, he'd start up his own promotion/his dad would, rather than go to ECW.
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Living Legend

Keeping playability in mind...

WWF - I would also have them as the #1, a bit ahead of WCW. I would give them an older main event scene with some younger talent in the midcard. This isn't too far from reality in the 2002-2003 period. Since the AI isn't fantastic at building new stars when running Sports Entertainment promotions, it makes them somewhat vulnerable if you are running WCW or ECW. At the same time, rebuilding the main event scene would be fun if you were running the WWF.

WCW - built around more young stars than the WWF. The fun would be getting the stars who aren't quite there yet to that level and trying to take down the WWF.

ECW - while making them ROH Version 2.0 wouldn't be the intent, giving them some of the key talent that did so well for ROH would certainly make them fun to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw View Post
Personally I'd avoid including TNA and ROH in the mod, but as much as I like the idea, I couldn't see Jarrett ending up in ECW, surely if WCW and the WWF where not available to him, he'd start up his own promotion/his dad would, rather than go to ECW.
Jarrett in ECW seems unlikely... which is exactly why I like it. Don't get me wrong - I'm not married to the idea. But in trying to come up with a hot storyline for ECW, I think it would work. Jarrett comes in as the "big league star" who is against most of what ECW stands for, intent on keeping down the young stars. Depending on when JJ left WCW, he probably isn't a former world champion, but he's had runs in both big promotions and he's got ties to the territorial era. There are a number of others wrestlers who could work in the role, but few who would have no other options in the US, can talk, and work a decent match. Someone like Steiner would work for everything but decent matches.

Would the Jarrett's still have motivation to start something up? Maybe. But there was a notable gap in the market when they started TNA. With both WCW and ECW still around, there is no gap at all. There is some talent out there, sure, but with two large promotions and one medium (cult) one in the US, its tougher to argue there is need. Especially if WCW has a bit more of a performance-bias than the WWF.
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
All Star

This is probably what I would actually want in 2003 if both survived based on some butterfly effect of a few cruiserweights getting what they earned in WCW.

WWE
They did not regain the #1 position in the Monday Night Wars but it was more intense than ever before. WWE may be more over worldwide than any other company and more prestigious. Global company but only about 80 over in the USA. Vince and Shane have both become pretty frequent in ring competitors mixing it up with Austin, Rock, HHH, Mick Foley, and Undertaker at times.

The rosters core wrestlers are Austin, Rock, Mr. Perfect, Kane, Undertaker, HHH, X-Pac, Ric Flair, Angle, Paul Wight (needs developement may get released), Mike Awesome, New Age Outlaws, Edge & Christian, Dudley Boys, Hardy Boys, Dean Malenko, Gangrel, Tazz, Funaki, Taka Michinoku, Rikishi, 2 Cool, Johnny Stamboli, Big Vito, Hugh Morrus, Bob Holly, and Perry Saturn.

Their key development guys are... Leviathon, Mark Henry, Rob Conway, Sylvan Grenier, Rene Dupree, Teddy Hart, TJ Wilson, DH Smith, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, and Randy Orton.

Commentary Team: Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, and Jonathan Coachman

WCW
WCW hasn't quite reached the global heights of the WWE but they are the #1 promotion in America and Canada. National company but about 86 over in the USA.

Their core wrestlers are Chris Jericho, Goldberg, Hollywood Hogan, Sting, Lance Storm, DDP, Kanyon, Vampiro, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Jim Neidhart, RVD & Sabu (tag champions), Harlem Heat, 3 Count, Chris Candido, Shane Douglas, Buff Bagwell (forced to work harder to become good), Scott Steiner, Alex Wright as Berlyn, the Wall, Americas Most Wanted, Mexicos Most Wanted, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Great Muta, Billy Kidman, Jimmy Yang, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Mike Sanders, Norman Smiley, Fit Finlay, and Christopher Daniels.

WCWs key developement guys are... Adam Pearce, Phil Shatter, Air Paris, Jamie Noble, Kid Romeo, Kaz Hayashi, Bob Sapp, Matt Cross, and Josh Prohibition.

Commentary Team: Tony Schiavone, Tom Hudson, and Eric Bischoff

ECW
Really struggled while trying to grow into a true national power and live up to the expectations of the fan base. Nothing more than a cult size fed that have a core group of guys who are loyal to Paul Heyman.

Their core wrestlers are Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Steve Corino, Jack Victory, CW Anderson, D'Lo Brown, the Headbangers, Legion of Doom, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Rhino, Masato Tanaka, Mitsuharu Misawa, Bam Bam Bigelow, the Messiah, Supreme, El Generico, Super Crazy, Juventud Guerrera, Nosawa, and Nicho El Millionairo.

Commentary Team: Joey Styles, and Joel Gertner

TNA

Jeff and Jerry should still open NWA TNA in Tennessee. The biggest promotions are in the North East and South East. The Midwest could use a cult size wrestling promotion.

Their core wrestlers are Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Konnan, Sid Vicious, Crash Holly, Albert, Randy Savage, Raven, Ron Killings, Julio Dinero, Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, A1, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley, Abyss, Eric Young, Devon Storm, David Flair, Vince Russo, Scott D'Amore, 2 Tuff Tony, Stevie Richards, Bull Buchanan, Kurrgan, Cyrus, Reno, Elix Skipper, Low Ki, Kazarian, AJ Styles, Orlando Jordan, and Justin Credible

Commentary Team: Mike Tenay, and Don West

Other Notes

Rey Mysterio went back to Mexico for a bit after WCW forced him to drop his mask in a pretty meaningless feud.
Ultimo Dragon opened Toryumon.
La Parka returned to Mexico.
Lash Leroux is working in Japan.
John Cena, Antonio Banks, the Miz, and Tomko are in UPW.
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
This is probably what I would actually want in 2003 if both survived based on some butterfly effect of a few cruiserweights getting what they earned in WCW.

WWE

Vince and Shane have both become pretty frequent in ring.

Mr. Perfect, Ric Flair, Paul Wight (needs developement may get released), Mike Awesome, Dean Malenko, Johnny Stamboli, Big Vito, Hugh Morrus and Perry Saturn.
Wouldn't want to see Vince working too many matches, and probably wouldn't want Shane to either. I don't see why many/all of those workers I've selected would be in the WWF. Apart from Wight but I'd question why he needs extra development, surely there is no way they'd release someone with his SQ/Menace and Popularity with a competitor like WCW on their doorstep?

Quote:
Their key development guys are... Teddy Hart, TJ Wilson, DH Smith.
I know all three did work for the WWF before this point in some form but, surely if a WCW which pushed talented youngsters was an option, with Bret in the promotion, they'd have avoided the WWF, with their relatives in WCW, while the WWF is run by Vince, responsible for the Screwjob and to some extent Owen Hart's death.

Quote:
WCW

Their core wrestlers are RVD & Sabu (tag champions)
Wouldn't want to see RVD and Sabu as Champs, would have thought that RVD would be getting a pretty decent push on his own if they are trying to back younger talented workers.

Quote:
WCWs key developement guys are... Jamie Noble, Kaz Hayashi, Bob Sapp.
Still in development...? (Could apply to some of the others as well actually.

Quote:
TNA

Jeff and Jerry should still open NWA TNA in Tennessee. The biggest promotions are in the North East and South East. The Midwest could use a cult size wrestling promotion.

Their core wrestlers are Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Konnan, Sid Vicious, Crash Holly, Albert, Randy Savage, Raven, Ron Killings, Julio Dinero, Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, A1, Petey Williams, Alex Shelley, Abyss, Eric Young, Devon Storm, David Flair, Vince Russo, Scott D'Amore, 2 Tuff Tony, Stevie Richards, Bull Buchanan, Kurrgan, Cyrus, Reno, Elix Skipper, Low Ki, Kazarian, AJ Styles, Orlando Jordan, and Justin Credible

Commentary Team: Mike Tenay, and Don West
Don't really want TNA included, but surely a lot of the guys you've listed would be working elsewhere, Nash and Hall (One of the big two), Konnan (WCW), Sid Vicious (One of the big two), Randy Savage (WCW), Raven (If not WCW/WWF then certainly ECW), AJ Styles (WCW!), Justin Credible (ECW), Mike Tenay (WCW).
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Minor League

I am considering a 2003 start time for my mod.
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
All Star

Quote:
Wouldn't want to see Vince working too many matches, and probably wouldn't want Shane to either. I don't see why many/all of those workers I've selected would be in the WWF. Apart from Wight but I'd question why he needs extra development, surely there is no way they'd release someone with his SQ/Menace and Popularity with a competitor like WCW on their doorstep?
Big Show was sent down for developement because they didn't think he could work a match. Plus his conditioning was very bad at this time IRL. That is kind of a reflection of what really happened.

Quote:
I know all three did work for the WWF before this point in some form but, surely if a WCW which pushed talented youngsters was an option, with Bret in the promotion, they'd have avoided the WWF, with their relatives in WCW, while the WWF is run by Vince, responsible for the Screwjob and to some extent Owen Hart's death.
Listen to the art of wrestling podcast with Colt Cabana that was just put up today. Tyson Kidd said they still preferred WWF over WCW.

Quote:
Wouldn't want to see RVD and Sabu as Champs, would have thought that RVD would be getting a pretty decent push on his own if they are trying to back younger talented workers.
I am fine with your opinion. I just can easily see a bottle neck of singles wrestlers in WCW and personally I enjoy a good tag division.

Quote:
Don't really want TNA included, but surely a lot of the guys you've listed would be working elsewhere, Nash and Hall (One of the big two), Konnan (WCW), Sid Vicious (One of the big two), Randy Savage (WCW), Raven (If not WCW/WWF then certainly ECW), AJ Styles (WCW!), Justin Credible (ECW), Mike Tenay (WCW).
Again I just don't want over crowded rosters with all of these name guys. I want some fresh guys on the rosters too and in order for that to make sense I think TNA would be necessary. If Jeff Jarrett left WCW he and his father would have opened an NWA affiliate of some sort. Jerry has done it multiple times. Jeff would really have nowhere else to go.
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:11 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
I actually really like this idea, perhaps so that everyone's happy you can say that ECW didn't tone the product down or not that much, and because of this as we start the game are in the shit financially, which allows anyone playing as ECW a chance to save them, or anyone playing as the WWE or WCW to crush them and have an 'Invasion'.
If the mod starts in January an option is to have ECW in a very poor state financially, then have ROH set to open in the middle if the year.