Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Living Legend

Default SWF: Where Men Become LEGENDS

Quote:
CLICK HERE BEFORE YOU READ
Trust me; it sets the stage

To become LEGENDARY, one must personify absolute greatness to an almost mythical level. Your actions, your accomplishments and your character, stand as the script that will one day derive a sense of judgment from the masses. Blood, sweat and tears will be shed; however, not every man is equip for such grandiosity.
Most, if not all, will fail…

... But there are those defiant few who will succeed in the greatest manner possible.

To achieve LEGEND STATUS is to cultivate your own immortality. Your body may crumble, your mind fragment, but your legacy will live on for generations to come. You will become the ultimate barometer of success; becoming stronger as the years go on & damning the newcomers of the day in the process.

To reach such greatness, every man will need a stage for which his actions can later come to define him. In this vein, there is no greater stage, no more hallowed ground, than that of the Supreme Wrestling Federation.

The SWF is a space for which LEGENDS are spawned; unlike ANY OTHER promotion on the planet. With an alumni list of such greats as: Rip Chord, Sam Strong, Micky Starr, and Dread, the Eisen-created warzone has personified the true nature of a modern-day gladiator sport; spoils to the victor… devastation to the rest. It is this daunting reality that has developed the ‘Supreme Stage’ into THE proving ground for any aspiring great.

In modern-times, names such as Christian Faith and Jack Bruce climb ever so close to that peerless summit; however, who will join them as the next-wave of hungry wrestlers war for their own immorality?
Who will rise?
Who will fall?
Who will become… A LEGEND?
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Living Legend

A diary of legends by the legend himself! I'm in the front row, E-V, waiting to see where you take this.
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldelayette View Post
A diary of legends by the legend himself! I'm in the front row, E-V, waiting to see where you take this.
+1

Can't wait!
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Star

* takes a seat in the back row*

I'm in. Looking forward to another epic ride.

R
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Low Minors

I like that SWF logo.

Hopefully front row seats aren't full yet.
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Living Legend

Awesome, can't wait!
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Major League

E-V. Nice, good to see you're back in action with a dynasty. It just wouldn't be the same with out you. I'm reading.
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Living Legend

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who has stopped by thus far (and left such great support). It means so much more than you'll know. So, 'thank you' for that. I appreciate it greatly.

The Supreme Wrestling Federation is a mountain I've failed to climb numerous times before. To be honest, that 'failure' has driven me crazy for quite some time now.

Quote:
NOTE: This will be the 4th SWF Dynasty that I've attempted since starting my tenure as a GDS writer.
I'm attracted to the grandeur of Eisen's empire; however, often found myself overwhelmed shortly after starting. For quite some time now, I've been known as the underground/underdog/gritty/modern/hardcore writer here on the GDS boards. That was my wheelhouse; it's what I was more comfortable with. That said, while I was insanely interested in the SWF, I found myself overrun by being at the top, able to sign anyone I wanted, feeling as though there wasn't much in the way of a gritty story of survival (as many of my other dynasty's had taken on).

Quote:
NOTE: 7 out of my 11 overall Dynasties that have centered strongly around the idea of sheer, gritty, 'Survival'.
Then came along USPW.

It was my way of 'changing things up' and boy did it ever. For the first time, I found a great combination of an underdog mentality along with a number of 'big names' to book. In a sense, it eased me into the idea of booking 'bigger names' without feeling as though I had, in a sense, 'Sold Out' to a bigger promotion. Before I knew it, USPW gave birth to the possibility of WAR (Wrestling Action in Revolt). While the company itself was actually smaller than USPW (popularity-wise we came really close but influence we were light-years away), I gained further experience with big names such as: Nemesis, Troy Tornado, Raul Hughes, etc. Now, after spending a calendar year fleshing out/booking WAR, I've come to the point where I freely believe I'm ready for SWF. Once & for all...

Quote:
NOTE: Up until WAR, I thought I didn't think I had it "in me" to book a dynasty for the duration of a year. My second longest attempt, I do believe, was a 6-month stint with PSW: The Evolution of Greed. In this case, lasting a full-year & ultimately booking more shows in WAR than PSW, I restored my confidence creatively. This was a major weight lifted off of my shoulders.
It's been 2 years since I've attempted an SWF dynasty; however, I feel more confident with it's booking than ever before. This excites me greatly; to say the very least.

I've spent the last 2 months, or so, creating character profiles for most everyone on the roster. Meanwhile, I've hemmed & hawed over graphical images & how I want those images to tell the 'tone' of the SWF. Honestly, I've looked at the company from head-to-toe in hopes of creating THE most concrete SWF Dynasty ever...

Quote:
A BIG Thank you to BigPapa42, Phantom Stranger, MJStark, and James Casey for their continuous conversations over the last month or two. In hopes of creating a sound SWF project, I turned to the best creators on our board for guidance as it pertains to booking the 'big guy' (SWF).
That said, I have less personal time like than I've ever had before. Graduate school is in full-swing starting this Spring & I KNOW that this will obviously take the front-seat over TEW. I wrestled with the notion: Can I create a successful dynasty, especially one of this scale (SWF), with limited time? After going back-and-forth with myself, I knew that not only WAS it possible but I needed this project to keep my creative mind rolling.

Quote:
NOTE: I'm taking 10 graduate credits in the Spring, starting my classroom observations & will also be working 20-25 hours a week. More or less, it's going to be a BUSY semester for sure.
So, this is where I'm at. After 5-years of dynasty after dynasty: fleshing out the Evolution of Greed, Building the rebellious DOA into a fevered pitch, Taking a stab at my creative-counter in USPW & ultimately crafting the rock-star craze of Wrestling Action in Revolt for an entire calendar year, I've come back here... Building my vision for the Supreme Wrestling Federation.

The time is now.

Welcome to.... SWF: Where Men Become LEGENDS!

Quote:
PREVIOUS DYNASTIES OF NOTE

PSW: The Evolution of Greed
1,002 posts || This is what 'brought me to the dance' all the way back in 2009. The story introduced my vision of John Greed and stood as the backbone of previous installments to come. He warred with his owner (Mitch Naess) and ultimately built an underground revolution that brought some surprising wrestlers to the Steel City.

DOA: The Evolution of GREED
678 posts || This was my first dynasty of TEW'10 and it focused upon the transition of John Greed to that of a network producer. Living in Los Angeles (an extreme contrast to his gritty world of the Steel City), Greed was brought in by an Arcadia TV executive in which to run their network-owned wrestling promotion: Deadly Overloaded Action. To this date, some of my favorite characters were in this dynasty (Matty "The Pecker Wrecker" Sparrow, Cannonball Funk, Mr. Black, "The Voice of Reason" Eric Tyler, Acid, The Moral Majority, Johnny Vicious, etc.).

The Infamous, Rebellious, Suicidal... 4C; The Evolution of GREED
355 posts || Wanting to return to the underground/regional landscape, John Greed returned for the 3rd installment of the "Evolution of Greed" by traveling to Canada in which to run 4C. To this date, this project continues to be my zaniest, off-the-wall, 'you HAVE to be crazy', dynasty ever. With a true psychotic manchild in the owner and a version of Greed who utilized a nearby coffeehouse as his 'office' (theoretically handcuffing random strangers in the coffeehouse to listen to his ideas in an act of true insanity) and ultimately lived out of his car, 4C was one of those projects that went really weird.... really fast. That said, it was extremely enjoyable at the time & quite indicative of the kind of literature I was reading at the time.

USPW: The Great American Spectacle!
378 posts || Following a famed comic book writer who had crafted the infamous 'Greed' series (connecting, in a way, with myself), Erik Vincent (or EV for short) accepted a position as USPW's headbooker; as Sam Strong was looking for 'something' to spark his company once-and-for-all. The project was centered around the notion of pro wrestling being a grandiose form of entertainment. In doing so, everything was tackled in a way that promoted this fact. In the end, this was the project that seemingly 'brought me back to life' creatively.

WAR on the Vegas Strip...
756 posts -- A full calendar Year || This was a project that I spent over a year crafting and is my greatest accomplishment I believe. PSW has it's nostalgic feel, DOA had it's creative output and USPW gave me 'life' once again; however, WAR was that dynasty that I will forever relate with. It's rock-n-roll, in your face, hard-hitting product fit me like a glove & that's the reason why I was able to continue with it for so long (where previous projects had fallen flat). I saw an evolved view of Nemesis become like writer's 'crack', Stallings nerdy craziness pull my continual attention, Tornado's 'lazy cool' persona become the ultimate bad-boy, and even found a way to give Art Reed a personality (through the usage of an "SE" storyline). Truthfully, this was a true labor of love!
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Major League

This is great news. As a loyal reader i know that Real Life always take precedence over a game. That being said, no matter if you do this daily, weekly or monthly, you've got a reader in me. WAR is my favorite dynasty that i've read on this site. If you write it, i'll be happy to read, comment and be a thorn in your side.
Unread 12-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Super Star

Subscribed.

Haven't been on the forums or playing TEW that long, but I know you're one of the "main eventers" on the diary scene. Will be keeping my eye on this!
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Living Legend

For the first time since I started to play TEW games, I find myself entirely fixated on the booking aspect of the game. In previous versions, I often needed to create my own extensive backstory, spending hours crafting behind the scenes stories that often slowed down my projects; however, with '13, I find myself more so interested in developing the true 'meat' of it all.

What I mean by that is: the storylines, the characters (in-ring) and the events (PPV's & TV).

As you'll see below, I'm still going to offer additional kayfabe and kayfabe-breaking stories via SWF.com & PowerhouseNews.com; however, for the first time, I'm giving my ALL to the product itself. This intrigues me a lot as, while it's how most people play, I haven't done so much in the past at all. In a sense, this will be something 'new for me'.

I've carefully crafted every image, every tone, every perspective (as it pertains to TV & PPV events) in the hopes of creating a concrete SWF brand for the reader. As I'll touch upon below, my hope is to make this all about the experience as a reader/viewer; giving you the possibility of feeling as though you're a citizen of the Cornellverse throughout.

With all of that said, here are some major points that I wanted to touch upon before kicking this project off full-force. This way, you know exactly where I'm coming from & this may cut down on any ambiguity present (making it easier to jump right in).

Quote:
Perspective
This dynasty is being crafted from the perspective of an avid SWF wrestling fan. You (the reader) are a citizen of the Cornellverse and watch all of the SWF’s programming, consistently check SWF.com for further developments and even stop by the ‘dirt sheets’ for additional kayfabe breaking moments. You may come from differing perspectives, mark vs. smark, but one thing is for certain: The SWF offers something that you’re interested in.

SWF.com
I plan to develop additional creative stories that will aid in creating greater depth for backstories, current conditions, and potential events on the horizon in the SWF. These stories will be presented in the form of an SWF.com article written by head Supreme Journalist, Victor Page.

Powerhouse News
I also plan on offering a backstage perspective on events in a kayfabe breaking format. These stories will be presented in the form of a Powerhouse News article written by their most popular writer, Poindexter. PowerhouseNews.com is much like PWTorch or Wrestlezone (as those two websites were my influence in the site’s development) and is heralded as THE destination point for backstage news in the Cornellverse. If time permits, I may also introduce an ‘Insider’ article (rumors) and a commentary article (ala Mark Madden) as well.

Linked Information
In which to add further depth, I plan to utilize a number of links during each episode in which to create a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all of your SWF informational needs. Examples of such links will be: Program Theme Music, Wrestlers Theme Music, Champions Page, SWF Tape Library (Compiled Show Results Page), etc. The theme music will most likely come below the program logo. Meanwhile, the Champion's Page, Tape Library, etc., will come at the bottom of the episode.

When clicking on the champions page link for example, one will quickly have the ability to see who the current champions are at that given point. This way, it cuts down on wondering who IS the champ & how long they’ve held the title.

It may mean additional windows on your browser but the goal is to create a more comprehensive experience as a reader.
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Living Legend

I shall be reading as well. I always check out an E-V project, even if I don't post much. I love a good SWF project and I really like some of the ideas you have for this one, so I'm on board.
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Low Minors

Very, very, very excited... Cannot wait.
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
All Star

The Eisen gets back his verse!

Nice choice E-V!
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM
All Star

I wondered if you might go back to the SWF, but the lack of major change in SWF C-Verse canon made me doubt whether there'd be enough "new" for you to sink your teeth in.

Looking forward to seeing you give it a fresh shot E-V.