Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Default [HYPE] C-Verse Expanded [Community Mod]

C-Verse Expanded

This is a project to create a larger database and game world for WMMA4. Instead of modders working on individual mods and fighter packs, the goal are that our work should be able to be merged together with the default database.

Quote:
Expanding the game world by importing various legitimate fighters from the TEW series
Quote:
Expanding the game world by adding a Male Flyweight Division
Quote:
Expanding the game world by adding a Female Strawweight Division
Quote:
Expanding the game world by adding new fighters to all active Male and Female Divisions
Quote:
Improve the game experience by adding lots of narratives
Quote:
Since all INSPIRE workers from TEW are available from May 2006; now you have your chance to try to survive as the cutting edge INSPIRE promotion
More features to be added...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Verse Expanded GDS Community Mod

Release CVE 0.3.3 Beta

Download Link

FEATURES 0.3.0:

Added a Male Flyweight Division to KDM FC and XCC
Added several new male fighters
Added several new narratives
Added the INSPIRE promotion
Added promotion graphics for the three WEFF predecessors
Added several new relationships
Added The Little Dragon Dojo

Credits to Asaemon, Afroduck, Hawk and Scottie. Renders by I Effin Rule, London, Scottie, Lucky and Asaemon. Credits to Derek B for letting us use things from the TEW CV97 mod. Credits to Mr. T Jobs to Me, PeterHilton, jtlant and SadisticBlessings for letting us use things from the TEW CV77 mod.

If we have forgotten someone, please let us know and we will give you credit for it or remove it from the database.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman

V1.2 of O+

Download Link

Features for v1.2:

* Time spend tweaking everything
* New rerenders added
* Improved the scenario of "WEFF vs AMAZON", the latter basically being KDM-FC but relocated to Japan. I playtested it and now the AI shouldn't go out of business in a couple of years.
* Includes Rebby's free fighters pack (replaced 2 pics with better ones)

Installation:

This time I put everything in one download. You just have to unzip it. Normally everything is already in the right spot.

If you don't want the scenario, just import everything in your default database. I advise making a backup first as the import feature is still kinda flakey.

What's left to do:

- Debut dates need tweaking
- Two TEW fighters have no pic yet
- Still +- 5 bios to fill (Marcelle Gimenez, Natalie Edwards, Magdalena Cervera, Stacy Castillo)
- Overall balancing of the game world anno 2010

RELEASE: O+ V1.1

Download Link

Just the database. You'll need v1.0 for the pictures ONLY (don't extract the db).

FEATURES v1.1:

WEFF title pictures assigned
- All Free pictures of the women deleted for now
- Attribute errors corrected: Vasya Kaczmarek / Pamela O'Neill / Sayoko Ebisawa / Beckie Dexter / Anna Thompson / Diana Marr / Emma Birch / Gina Dixon / Grace Hughes / Hazel McClay / Janinha / Helen Fox / Kerry Silverman / Kirsten Page / Natalie Rogers / Roz Wareing / Naora Kikuchi / Kit Sakamoto / Yutsuko Sasaki / Jessica Herbig / Elizabeth Lindley / Dorothy Gayle / Cindy Dumas / Chisaki Gojo / Catherine Davis / Yoko Kobayashi / Tomi Nishimura / (...) -> attributes were inconsistent with bios]
- Stat errors corrected for "slams"
- 375 new female workers, some already debuted as 0-0 workers, some debuting later on as a second generation
- 19 narratives (from CVE)
- Destinies changed: Kochiyo Chikamatsu (psychical decline/retirement age +) & Sarah Vaughan (retirement age +)

Note for people testing:

Next thing we need to sort out is the debut dates.

Minor issues found:

Couple of popularity issues for some 2006+ debuting fighters (won't matter)

RELEASE: O+ v1.0

Installation instruction on previous page

CVE Scenario's: WEFF VS KDM-FC

Download Link

As there are still some problems with the default database (stats missing) and I REALLY want to start playing, I created this little scenario that'll keep me busy for a while. It's called WEFF vs KDM-FC and focuses on piloting one of the two companies to the moon. Eventually a third will join the fray, but mostly it'll be fun solo-play.

Installation: Create a map called O+ or something and put this file in there. Change the name to WMMA4 and don't forget to add a "SaveGames" map to make it work.
Concept: You either play as WEFF - with most of the stars under contract - or KDMFC - whose owner suddenly got mad with power, wanting to control women's MMA.
Features:
- All male fighters removed (along with everything male-specific)
- Mixed training camps halved in size
- Uses O+ v1.1 as a base
- Includes Rebby's Free Fighters pack (but you'll have to dl the images separately)
- Faster loading for everybody!

edit: I uploaded the wrong file. To enable 'VS' mode you'll have to go to the editor and delete the "corporate relationships" note as WEFF is set to own KDM-FC atm. Sorry. Or you can play as I do now and just control everything.

Last edited by Asaemon : 01-29-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Guidelines for creating fighters (to keep the CV Game World balanced)

Quote:
Experience: 3 points / fight seems like a number often used in the default database. Otherwise this should be set to zero, for debuting fighters without any previous fights.

Name Value: For almost all fighters without previous MMA fights this should be set to zero (like in the Default database). In order to get a starting name value, we talk Olympic calibre cross-overs like Oleg Dorosklov and Li Bingci. Most stars from other Martial Arts seem to start with zero name value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaemon View Post
For anyone that wants to join the project and contribute new fighters for the community mod, feel free to create fighters based on IER:s free render pack.

You could either create a new database and create the fighters with all the skills; or post the fighters in this thread if you don't want to create the skills and i'll add them.

Most top-level prospects should probably be best to have debut later in the game, but more low-level fighters could always be useful from the start.

Last edited by Asaemon : 12-14-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Hall of Fame

List of imported fighters and characters from TEW

Quote:
Arjen Van Den Leyne
Claudio Burdisso
Dino Maldini
Eisaku Kunomasu
Johnny Bloodstone
Li Bingci
Marat Khoklov
Masaaki Okazaki
Mohamed El Yaaggoudi
Morimasa Kato
Remo Richardson
Roy Edison
Scott Van Den Berg
Sean Deeley
Tadiyuki Kikkawa
Tasuku Iesada
Trandafir Andrei Ionut
Viktor Beskov
Wael Hossam
Willie York
Yoshimi Mushashibo
Yuri Iliakov

Last edited by Asaemon : 12-07-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Everyone willing to chip in is of course welcome. Just tell Asaemon what you want to do and you've got it. Bios, renders, textures, testing for balance, etc. It's all good... There's always work to be done.

Great that we've already got a community mod in the making for both the real life and the fictional universe.
Unread 12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Rookie

I suck with anything graphics, but i'm willing to help with the bios
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLutkus View Post
I suck with anything graphics, but i'm willing to help with the bios
That would be great. I just need to look on how to set things like experience, name value and scouting level, so that i can start to create/convert fighters thats balanced with the default ones. When i'm starting adding fighters i will upload pictures/renders so its easier to write bios.
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Minor League

It will be interesting to find out which pictures will not end up being used. I noticed four that really jumped out at me that got used unfortunately they got used as re renders instead of new fighters. I definitely would like to bolster the bantamweight division (May happen upon the full release) and it would be cool to get a flyweight division going also.
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Low Minors

I can't do pictures, but I am willing to write bios, do stats, test, or whatever else is needed.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Low Minors

Also, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I am going to put my two cents in here and hopefully start a discussion.

I HATE the Super Heavyweights. I want them all gone. I'd love if this mode sized them all down to Heavyweight.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethesink View Post
Also, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I am going to put my two cents in here and hopefully start a discussion.

I HATE the Super Heavyweights. I want them all gone. I'd love if this mode sized them all down to Heavyweight.

I am not a big fan of the Super Heavyweight either, but this community mod is more about adding to the default database instead of changing it. I am sure there are lots of players who enjoy the Super Heavyweights and wouldn't be pleased to see them removed.
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Rookie

I would love to do pictures if someone could show me or help me to do them. I would love to help that way
Unread 12-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Phenom

Already in on bios, but am happy to help with anything that isn't actually graphics creation.
Unread 12-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethesink View Post

Actually, this mod was the first to actually implement them in the C-verse, as WMMA3 didn't have it, so I'm pretty sure those are the plans. Like Afro says, the mod needs to be as big as possible to appease everyone. If you really think them a blight on the db, you can easily remove the fighters using the search function and remove the two respective super-HW divisions. That would take a minute of your time.

As for the bios. I'll post some bioless renders later today with the fighting style mentioned and you can start posting bios for them. Though you are free to fill them up how you wish, just try and keep it a little 'real'.

I will also make a submod that incorporates only the women from CVE, for those with moderate pc's that take a lot of time to process all the data and want a more 'compact' experience. I did take the liberty to change a couple of assigned renders to the women from CVE2.4 for WMMA3. I also changed a couple of names. Hopefully that's ok for everyone. Profiles however will never be changed. The first version of this mod will serve as the base for a co-diary/co-dynasty with Rebby, in which we will promote the mod.

Last edited by Blackman : 12-04-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Unread 12-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Low Minors

hm ya kno if adam implements the 4 suggestions i brought up i might want to get it to play this mod as i love the cverse in his games
Unread 12-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Hall of Fame

I've started to import some of my creations from the WMMA3 CVE and converting to WMMA4. "The Indian Giant" Kamal Singh became the first one to be imported into WMMA4 format.

I will leave out some of the older fighters (fictional and TEW imports) from the WMMA3 version. Those renders can now be used for active or debuting fighters instead.