Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Super Star

Default Diary of the Month Awards

Welcome to the new look "Diary of the Month" awards for Total Extreme Wrestling 2013. Starting with the September 2015 voting round, the process has changed considerably. This is the home of the new awards, where you can find links to voting threads and see the monthly rankings; along with a whole host of other related content.

Please use this thread to discuss the DOTM rankings as they are published and congratulate the winners. As this process is completely new, please also use this thread for constructive criticism and to give any ideas on how to improve the system in place. As always, the purpose of these awards are to highlight the great creative work undertaken here; so any suggestions to help that goal be reached are appreciated.

INDEX AND QUICK LINKS

RULES AND CRITERIA
- This link will take you to the latest version of the voting rules and criteria; any changes will be listed in this post. For the rules relevant to each voting period, see the voting thread itself.

SEPTEMBER 2015
[VOTING THREAD] [RESULTS POST]
DOTM Winner: [WWF Attitude Era... Where YOU Decide! by The Nickman]

OCTOBER 2015
DOTM Winner: [WWE: 2016 - Kayfabe Kicks Out by the Lloyd]

NOVEMBER 2015
DOTM Winner: [WWE: 2016 - Kayfabe Kicks Out by the Lloyd]

DECEMBER 2015
DOTM Winner: [Impact Wrestling: The Second Annual "Reboot" by 20LEgend]

JANUARY 2016
DOTM Winner: [WWF: The Golden Age... and beyond? by The Final Countdown]

FEBRUARY 2016
DOTM Winner: [WCW '94-'96: War of the Thrones by Beejus]

ALL-TIME RECORDS
- This link will take you to the all-time records under this awards system. You will also find a list of all members of the Hall of Fame.

Last edited by Anderz : 03-13-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Super Star

Default Most Recent Rankings

FEBRUARY 2016 DOTM RANKINGS

As you'll notice below; the ranking table has been cut down to 5. This is to reflect the smaller pool of diaries being voted for (and to save me some time). Another great month for diaries and it was tough to split at the top - but one man pulled clear to take a well deserved crown - Beejus.

You'll also notice the smaller awards have been removed as well.

RANK
DIARY
VOTES
AVG
WCW '94-'96: War of the Thrones [Link]
by Beejus
RW
WWF/E 2001: Attitude Era Fallout [Link]
by The_CoC
RW
JCP: The Race To The Top [Link]
by Anderz
RW
ECW 2001: Redefining Extreme[2016] [Link]
by SomeLazyMagic
RW
WWF: The Golden Age... and beyond? [Link]
by The Final Countdown
RW

#6 NJPW: Kings of Strong Style II by Mootinie - 14 points
#7 Impact Wrestling: The Second Annual Reboot [2016] by 20LEgend - 11 points
#8 SWF – Sports Entertaining by codydbw - 8 points
#9 WWE: 2016 – Kayface Kicks Out by The Lloyd - 6 points
#10 HGC/TCW: The Second Mainstream Giant by elkhour - 5 points
#11 Pro Wrestling... But Not Quite As You Know It... by Nobby_McDonald - 3 points
#12 WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs - 2 points
#13 World Wrestling Entertainment: 2012 and Beyond... by Destiny - 1 point
#13 It's RTG Wrestling, Biatch! by dstephe4 - 1 point

Last edited by Anderz : 03-14-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Super Star

Default Rules and Criteria

RULES AND CRITERIA

Version: 1.2
Updated: 1 November 2015

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PREVIEW OF THE RULES AND CRITERIA POST - DO NOT VOTE IN THIS THREAD

Welcome to the new look "Diary of the Month" awards. This is the voting thread for the October 2015 awards.

The onus is now on you the reader to vote for a maximum of your favourite FIVE diaries from the last month in order to ensure that your favourites rank as highly as possible. The process is now more streamlined; this voting thread will stay open for one week; and then the rankings will be revealed.

It's very simple, choose a maximum of five diaries and rank them. Provided they meet the basic criteria below, each diary will receive points based on your nomination and the total points will form the DOTM rankings at month-end.

Criteria:
  1. You can not vote for your own diary.
  2. The diary must be posted within the Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties forum. (No other diaries will be considered eligible).
  3. The diary must have had two or more show posted within the current calendar month.
  4. Please give a reason for voting for at least your number one vote. Use any other reasoning or comments to promote the diaries you have voted for.
  5. Please vote using the full title of the diary as it appears in the thread listing. If it is not clear which diary you are voting for the vote may not count. (A direct link is not required)

You can vote for diaries using any mod or timeframe; as long as they meet the criteria above, your vote will count.

The DOTM voting process will last for one week with a ranking posted during the following week. A main DOTM winner will be declared; with smaller awards given to the highest ranking diary from the following areas:
  • Real world
  • Cornellverse
  • Thunderverse
  • Other mod
  • New Writer (not a member of the hall of fame, a previous award winner and fewer than five appearances in the DOTM rankings)

2nd = 4 points
3rd = 3 points
4th = 2 points
5th = 1 point

Voting closes at 23:59 GMT on November 8th 2015.

For more information, please visit the main Diary of the Month thread.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PREVIEW OF THE RULES AND CRITERIA POST - DO NOT VOTE IN THIS THREAD

Last edited by Anderz : 11-01-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Super Star

Default Records

ALL-TIME RECORDS

HALL OF FAME

[Class of 2007] - Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram

[Class of 2008] - Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, Keefmoon, J-Silver

[Class of 2009] - James Casey, Bigpapa42, Marcel Fromage

[Class of 2010] - Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-Verse, Self, Phantom Stranger

[Class of 2012] - jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck

[Class of 2013] - 20LEgend, michgcs, MJStark

[Class of 2015] - Beejus, Anderz, The Lloyd, Hive, Genadi

OTHER AWARD WINNERS

See, The Hall of Records for more details.

Kijar, The_CoC, Fruitloop, RKOwnage, Pteriod, Matt Shannon, Ritchardo, Captain2, Mootinie, smwilliams, 3rdStringPG, Zergon, arwink, SeanMcFly, Consrvtve, Jingo, Briskout, Occasional_Z, flaviooooo, justtxyank, The Doctor, Rhudipoo, Tiberious4, BHK1978, The Celt, bretter_person, Voeltzwagon, km007, xqwzyt, #BestintheWorld, Oldschool, Boltinho, olympia, 1PWfan, Jack Hood, Wildfire1234, SHaynes23, Serotonin187, TheBlake, steesh07, LordJaguar, jw_forever, Togg, Nobby_McDonald, TheLeveticalLawKid3, Yoshida, ajcribble, Stennick, dse81, mad5226, Yuu Onuki, infinitywpi, lprock, foolinc, FINisher, Zeel1, totti, D_w_w, iMac, Boom King, D-Lyrium, Tyler Gadzinski, McShamrock, Greg2511, Theoutlaw321, Clarity, Eayragt, sebsplex, TommyTomlin, Gbasalmon, shipshirt, Derek_b, BriFidelity

Last edited by Anderz : 09-30-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Super Star

This thread is currently a work in progress that will keep changing over time. As noted in the first post, any comments or thoughts will be openly accepted and taken on board.

As a bit of housekeeping; I shall have a draft of the rules and criteria posted tomorrow hopefully and open them up for a 24/48-hour consultation before going live with the September voting thread later in the week.

Over time this thread will house everything (either in this thread or linked to) related to this new format of the DOTM awards.

Please bare with me as we get through the early weeks and months. There will no doubt be a few teething problems along the way; but with your support we should overcome any obstacles.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
This thread is currently a work in progress that will keep changing over time. As noted in the first post, any comments or thoughts will be openly accepted and taken on board.

As a bit of housekeeping; I shall have a draft of the rules and criteria posted tomorrow hopefully and open them up for a 24/48-hour consultation before going live with the September voting thread later in the week.

Over time this thread will house everything (either in this thread or linked to) related to this new format of the DOTM awards.

Please bare with me as we get through the early weeks and months. There will no doubt be a few teething problems along the way; but with your support we should overcome any obstacles.
Thank you for stepping up and taking care of this, Anderz. I agree, there has been a need to "change things up" in this regard (as it's become rather stale in the DOTM department). I look forward to what you do with this & will be an avid voter each month.
Unread 09-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Super Star

I would like to second E-V's comments as well as saying that this layout looks extremely promising. Well done.
Unread 09-15-2015, 04:20 AM
Super Star

This looks really well done Anderz good stuff.
Unread 09-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This in mind, I thought of a rule that you guys should consider. I think someone should post at least two shows a month to be considered for DOTM. Now, that doesn't sound like a huge change, but consider how often someone (even myself.... especially myself sometimes) can slack off for a month, post one show toward the end of the month, and get nominated for it. That's fine if you're still running a monthly spotlight, but that doesn't scream "I am the best diary of the month"; it just means you posted one show. But if you have to do two shows in a month, then it shows that your diary is active enough to be considered top class in your month. What do you think?
Unread 09-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejus View Post
This in mind, I thought of a rule that you guys should consider. I think someone should post at least two shows a month to be considered for DOTM. Now, that doesn't sound like a huge change, but consider how often someone (even myself.... especially myself sometimes) can slack off for a month, post one show toward the end of the month, and get nominated for it. That's fine if you're still running a monthly spotlight, but that doesn't scream "I am the best diary of the month"; it just means you posted one show. But if you have to do two shows in a month, then it shows that your diary is active enough to be considered top class in your month. What do you think?
I like this rule Beejus. Good addition IMO.

And thank you Anderz for stepping up on this. I'm excited to see it in action. Kind of reminds me of the old WCW/Bill Watts era Top 10.
Unread 09-15-2015, 06:36 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Currently I have it as one show or significant update but I can definitely see the reasoning for two shows and perhaps even get rid of the 'significant update' as it was always a grey area for me. It's one of the (many) areas I was going to ask for feedback on when I post the full rules & criteria later today. But you do raise a very good point and one I'm more than happy to go with.
Unread 09-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
The biggest problem I see with this would be it limits the options of who you can vote for. I believe this was the rule that was in place before and it was switched over to one show a month because there were not enough candidates. I really do not care one way or the other but I just wanted to play devil's advocate here because someone is bound to bring up what I just said.
Unread 09-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Super Star

I've posted the current mock-up of the voting thread above; please get thoughts and comments in within the next 24 hours as I will be aiming to go live tomorrow.

Paticular areas I'm interested in thoughts on:
  1. Any glaring ommisions from the criteria; I've tried to keep it deliberately short.
  2. Current only one show in the month is needed to qualify; should this be two?
  3. Any other minor awards you'd like me to consider? particularly any other mod that may warrant it's own sub-section.

Thanks for all your help everyone.
Unread 09-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
I've posted the current mock-up of the voting thread above; please get thoughts and comments in within the next 24 hours as I will be aiming to go live tomorrow.

Paticular areas I'm interested in thoughts on:
  1. Any glaring ommisions from the criteria; I've tried to keep it deliberately short.
  2. Current only one show in the month is needed to qualify; should this be two?
  3. Any other minor awards you'd like me to consider? particularly any other mod that may warrant it's own sub-section.

Thanks for all your help everyone.
1 - Nothing missing from me
2 - I'd go with two. Realistically that's a show every two weeks if you want to qualify for that month, it's not an unobtainable number of shows to do in a month.
3 - I'd say it all looks good. Liking the five categories as they stand.
Unread 09-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
The biggest problem I see with this would be it limits the options of who you can vote for. I believe this was the rule that was in place before and it was switched over to one show a month because there were not enough candidates. I really do not care one way or the other but I just wanted to play devil's advocate here because someone is bound to bring up what I just said.
fewer candidates might actually be a good thing. We are focused in on the truly best diaries of THAT month -- rather than possibly that one show might be good enough to siphon off a few votes from loyal readers, but not the best of the month. If there are only 2-3 diaries that are active in a given month, then make an exception, but for most it's not an issue to put on 2 shows

Would not hurt my feelings if the nominations made by the readers went to a committee who picked a top 5 -- but oh what a can of worms that would open