Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Major League

Default American Championship Wrestling- a Montreal Aftermath Dynasty

OK guys, with a sudden influx of WCW 1991 dynasties, plus the fact that mine crashed and burned anyways, I'm on a new project, using the Montreal Aftermath Mod.

I will be starting in Jan. 1998, as I spent the month of December filling my initial roster. I've created a local company called American Championship Wrestling. The focus is going to be on in-ring action, as opposed to skits, backstage stuff, etc. I wanted to try this as opposed to going full Attitude Era type booking, so 90% matches, 10% angles, and almost all of the angles will be something along the lines of interviews, announcements, video packages, etc. We'll see how it works.

Since I'm starting as a local company, no tv shows yet, just a weekly 1 hour event. I did edit my starting balance to $20,000,000 to keep the company afloat for a while (this is more than likely going to be my last attempt at keeping a dynasty going, if this one fails, I'm most likely done, so I wanted to give myself every edge possible since I'm starting from the bottom), and we are #32 of 32 active companies. This oughta be fun.

Almost every match will be a singles match, at least for now. No tag team matches yet. We'll have a whopping 3 titles. The ACW Title, which will obviously focus on the main event and upper midcard, the ACW Television Title, which will focus on the mid-card and down, with a possible occasional main eventer or upper midcarder holding it, and a special title, the ACW Legends Title. This will specifically be for wrestlers that are listed as occasional wrestlers, most of the time semi-active wrestlers over a certain age. I'm not sure if anything has ever been done like this, but I wanted to give it a try.

As with my past few dynasties, this will be all text-based (I know it cuts down on the effect of a dynasty, but with photobucket all but out of the picture, and nobody seemingly finding a good replacement, not to mention my lack of time to use photos, I'll just have to hope for the best), and I will be shuffling up the format, a little bit at some point.

OK, well, that's a lot of info, so how about we get to the initial ACW roster and first card.
Unread 02-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Major League

ACW Roster

1 note, I have the face/heel divide turned off, so I won't be worrying about face/heel turns, anything like that. At least for now.

Main Eventers

Viscera, Marty Jannetty, Hercules, Brian Knobbs

Upper Midcarders

The Renegade, Shawn Stasiak, Tiger Ali Singh, John Tenta

Midcarders

Mike Enos, Matt Bloom, Andrew "Test" Martin, Jack Victory

Lower Midcarders

Erik Watts, Kid Kash

Enhancement Talent

Ron Killings (Killings probably won't see 1 match on the roster, because he's a freelancer and would only sign for a month. He's only got 4 days left, so unless I'm somehow able to resign him, this was a wasted hire).

Occasional Wrestlers

Tatanka, King Kong Bundy, Tito Santana, Mr. Hughes (Tatanka is also a freelancer, but I was able to sign him to a 3 month contract. He and Mr. Hughes are both under 40, which is what I wanted the cutoff age to be for the Legends Title, so I have some thinking to do there. Mr. Hughes wants to be a manager, but without a face/heel divide, I'm not sure if there will be a purpose for managers in this promotion. Santana wants to be a Road Agent, so he'll probably end up there.)

Announcer

Scott Hudson (This is probably irrelevant right now until we get on tv)

Authority Figure

Jack Tunney (old WWE president)

Referees

Jack Doan, Mike Schaplowsky (I wanted my user character to have a role, and since I'm a referee for several sports in real life, I figured what a perfect role for me to have in this.)

Road Agent

Bob Orton

Injured

Stevie Richards (he's out for 9 months, go figure)

All are signed to PPA contracts, because it'll be a long time before I can sign anybody to a written contract. Fortunately, there's no schedule conflicts with any of these guys, as of now. I didn't try Exclusive PPA contracts, I may try those next time.

As I mentioned, no tv shows anytime soon, but the first edition of our weekly event, ACW Live, takes place soon. It'll be just 1 hour for now. Here's a look at the card:

Code:
Viscera vs. John Tenta (ACW Title Tournament)
Marty Jannetty vs. Tiger Ali Singh (ACW Title Tournament)
Hercules vs. Sean Stasiak (ACW Title Tournament)
Brian Knobbs vs. The Renegade (ACW Title Tournament)
King Kong Bundy vs. Tito Santana (ACW Legends Title Tournament)
All 3 tournaments will be double elimination, the Legends Tournament will have 4 competitors, the other 2 tournaments will have 8 competitors. I will run this show on Wednesday, if not before.
Unread 02-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Low Minors

Look forward to seeing how this pans out. I tried something like this in a 2001 Mod and some of these guys aren't what they used to be. Hopefully they still have some left in the tank. Make sure to have dark matches and use the good performers to help out young guys which I hope to see you sign a few more in the near future once you get things built up for it. Hope it works out for you I'll be keeping up with it.
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR93WKU View Post

Look forward to seeing how this pans out. I tried something like this in a 2001 Mod and some of these guys aren't what they used to be. Hopefully they still have some left in the tank. Make sure to have dark matches and use the good performers to help out young guys which I hope to see you sign a few more in the near future once you get things built up for it. Hope it works out for you I'll be keeping up with it.
Thanks for your input, and your predictions. I really think I'm more suited to running a smaller promotion, because if I screw up, it won't be costly. I can build it up the way I want. Then again, why should I care? Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo and Hulk Hogan (among others) ran a multi million dollar company into the ground for real, haha.

I've never actually used dark matches on any of my shows, but that is a good idea, obviously I wouldn't able to run any dark matches per say until I get a show on tv, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

I do plan on signing some young talent, I have taken some ideas from my creative meetings, and some names pop up that I really like. I just have to figure out what to do when I sign them. I've never worked on getting a guys popularity up before, and I do know that wins help popularity and overness, but what else? Giving those up and comers a manager maybe, someone that can be their mouthpiece? Some upset wins? Some wins over other jobbers that I don't care about (although the crowd certainly won't want to see 2 jobbers wrestling each other), or just putting them in matches and angles against guys that are at the top of the roster. There's a lot to think about, obviously I'll probably have to limit the number of guys I want to really elevate to just 1 or 2 at this point, and then combine all those things.

Anyways, I'll have my first show ran and reported on sometime tomorrow.
Unread 02-13-2018, 11:51 AM
Phenom

Wow 1998, interesting time in the pro wrestling word. The Monday Night War is still raging and WCW might still have the TV ratings for a bit (but that soon fades). The birth of the WWF Attitude Era so both companies have a ton of wrestlers signed, but there are a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines as well and some new guys just waiting for their chance. Should be interesting.

Battle of the big men here but again remembering this is 1998 I am going to assume that Big Vis has more left in the tank than Tenta.

Tiger just never got over in WWE. If Jannetty can stay clean and that seems to be a big "if" he should likely win.

I always had a soft spot for ole Hercules. Maybe because he was one of the Assassins in the later years of that tag team. Anyway Sean is younger,
has a great look and had potential. I'm going with Herc though to take it

Wow I forgot about the Renegade. WCW should have never set this poor guy up the way they did. They built up a surprise that Warrior might come in and then they give us the Renegade. So this is an interesting matchup. I going to say you give the kid his big break and at least avoid Pity City for one night.

I can still hear the immortal words of Ernie Ladd "Bundy you big Dummy, you dumb yourself out of the main event".
You are the only man that is in a title tournament that ran out of gas after 4 minutes. The only way I see Bundy winning is if when he passes out that he happens to fall on Tito and Tito can't get the 400 pounder off him.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheel View Post
Wow 1998, interesting time in the pro wrestling word. The Monday Night War is still raging and WCW might still have the TV ratings for a bit (but that soon fades). The birth of the WWF Attitude Era so both companies have a ton of wrestlers signed, but there are a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines as well and some new guys just waiting for their chance. Should be interesting.

Battle of the big men here but again remembering this is 1998 I am going to assume that Big Vis has more left in the tank than Tenta.

Tiger just never got over in WWE. If Jannetty can stay clean and that seems to be a big "if" he should likely win.

I always had a soft spot for ole Hercules. Maybe because he was one of the Assassins in the later years of that tag team. Anyway Sean is younger,
has a great look and had potential. I'm going with Herc though to take it

Wow I forgot about the Renegade. WCW should have never set this poor guy up the way they did. They built up a surprise that Warrior might come in and then they give us the Renegade. So this is an interesting matchup. I going to say you give the kid his big break and at least avoid Pity City for one night.

I can still hear the immortal words of Ernie Ladd "Bundy you big Dummy, you dumb yourself out of the main event".
You are the only man that is in a title tournament that ran out of gas after 4 minutes. The only way I see Bundy winning is if when he passes out that he happens to fall on Tito and Tito can't get the 400 pounder off him.
Thanks for the predictions and the comments. I needed a good laugh. I'm glad you found this dynasty, hopefully I can keep it going for the foreseeable future.
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Major League

guys, just an FYI, as soon as I post the match card, I've already got it set who wins each match, so your predictions won't change that. I've talked to a couple of people in a facebook group that say they don't make predictions in dynasties because they are afraid it will influence the writer as to who wins and who doesn't. With me the only way things will change from who I originally plan to win, is a backstage incident or an injury.

So.. feel free to make all the predictions you want, I'll keep tabs, and if enough people predict, I'll get a prediction contest going and figure out some prizes. Thanks.
Unread 02-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Minor League

Unread 02-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfanmas View Post
guys, just an FYI, as soon as I post the match card, I've already got it set who wins each match, so your predictions won't change that. I've talked to a couple of people in a facebook group that say they don't make predictions in dynasties because they are afraid it will influence the writer as to who wins and who doesn't. With me the only way things will change from who I originally plan to win, is a backstage incident or an injury.

So.. feel free to make all the predictions you want, I'll keep tabs, and if enough people predict, I'll get a prediction contest going and figure out some prizes. Thanks.
I just stared my first Diary and I am normally a month or two ahead of where I am on the boards.

I picked Sean loosing but long term I think he will be a big player for this Diary... if he doesn't get stolen.
Unread 02-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Major League

ACW Live
Tuesday, Week 1, Jan. 1998
Crown Uptown Theatre- Wichita, KS
Show Attendance: 11

Jack Tunney opens up the first ever edition of ACW Live by introducing the 11 people in attendance to the ACW roster, telling them of the 3 title tournaments. He then told them to get ready, because the first match was coming up. (14)

ACW Title Tournament First Round Match - The Mighty Hercules vs. Shawn Stasiak -- The Mighty Hercules faced off against Shawn Stasiak in the first ever ACW match. Hercules was able to use his power to get Stasiak into a crushing backbreaker to get the pinfall.

Winner: The Mighty Hercules (40)

King Kong Bundy came to the ring to talk about the first round of the ACW Legends Title Tournament. He said that Tito Santana would be no match for him, and that he would not just defeat him with a 3 count, but he would pin him for a 5 count. (22)

ACW Title Tournament First Round Match - Marty Jannetty vs. Tiger Ali Singh -- Jannetty used his experience to roll over Singh in this one, getting the pinfall.

Winner: Marty Jannetty (42)

Tito Santana came out and responded to Bundy's comments, telling Bundy that "You may be big and strong, but I'm small and quick, and smart, and that wins every time." (35)

ACW Title Tournament First Round Match - Viscera vs. John Tenta -- A spirited match between 2 of the bigger men in ACW, but all it took was 1 mistake from Viscera, and Tenta was able to take advantage.

Winner: John Tenta (43)

ACW Legends Title Tournament First Round - King Kong Bundy vs. Tito Santana -- A short match, as we all knew Bundy wouldn't be able to go very long. Unfortunately for Tito, it went long enough, and what he said about being small, quick, and smart winning every time? Well.. not this time.

Winner: King Kong Bundy (37)

ACW Title Tournament First Round Match - Brian Knobbs vs. The Renegade -- This match was utterly disappointing, thanks to the Renegade (more on that in just a minute) and Knobbs had to carry the entire match. He pretty much dominated, as any offense the Renegade was able to muster, was quickly taken away.

Winner: Brian Knobbs (41)

Final Show Rating: 40 (increased popularity in 1 region)

Backstage Notes

-- What's the deal with the Renegade you ask? Well, to say the least, he showed up wasted on drugs last night, and was clearly inebriated during his match with Knobbs, hence the reason Knobbs had to carry the match. I informed the Renegade that I wanted to run a clean ship here in ACW, and I fined him a heavy amount. Needless to say, he isn't happy. Well you know what, don't come to work under the influence, and there won't be a problem.

-- Both Jack Tunney and King Kong Bundy had issues last night with some kind of language barrier. Now, someone else is going to have to help me out with this, because I'm clearly befuddled on what is going on. Both guys have worked in the United States for a long time. Needless to say, I might be looking for a new authority figure, and moving Tunney to a road agent spot.
Unread 02-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Phenom

-- Both Jack Tunney and King Kong Bundy had issues last night with some kind of language barrier. Now, someone else is going to have to help me out with this, because I'm clearly befuddled on what is going on. Both guys have worked in the United States for a long time. Needless to say, I might be looking for a new authority figure, and moving Tunney to a road agent spot.

Well Bundy is so dumb, that he can't form complete sentences, and probably sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher when he speaks. Maybe he needs a manager. Jack Tunney probably slipped into some sort of French Canadian words and left the poor folks of Wichita befuddled.

Honest thought I am not familiar enough with the game to that degree to get why you would have gotten that message. Wish I could get you something helpful to answer the question
Unread 02-16-2018, 07:37 PM
Major League

Here is the card for the next ACW Live show, which I will be running sometime this weekend:

Code:
Samu vs. Kid Kash (ACW Television Title Tournament)
Mike Enos vs. Erik Watts (ACW Television Title Tournament)
Prince Albert vs. Jack Victory (ACW Television Title Tournament)
Test vs. Horace Hogan (ACW Television Title Tournament)
Tully Blanchard vs. Nikolai Volkoff (ACW Legends Title Tournament)
Get those predictions in, as I do plan on doing a prediction contest, and last shows predictions will count for that.
Unread 02-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheel View Post

Well Bundy is so dumb, that he can't form complete sentences, and probably sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher when he speaks. Maybe he needs a manager. Jack Tunney probably slipped into some sort of French Canadian words and left the poor folks of Wichita befuddled.

Honest thought I am not familiar enough with the game to that degree to get why you would have gotten that message. Wish I could get you something helpful to answer the question
No worries, Tunney won't be speaking anymore, I've moved him to a Road Agent role. The new ACW commish will be announced on the next show. As for Bundy, I dunno. Nobody else seemed to have any ideas either, so I'll just go with what I have and make it work
Unread 02-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Low Minors

Unread 02-17-2018, 12:06 AM
Phenom

Iíll take Samu over the Kid. Those Samoans can really throw a mean head butt

I always kind of like Mike Enos in the Destruction Crew in the old AWA. Heís not a bad hand but WCW just buried him

Victory is definitely more seasoned of the two but never showed much personality in WCW. Albert is young but huge and agile

God Horace sucked in the ring. Heís got a name but little else. Test had a solid look and is younger and more marketable imo

Hopefully Nikolai sings and is back to being an evil Russian. Volkoff was hard to watch later in his career as he just couldnít do much in the ring. Now Tully is crafty and maybe we will see him bring back Tully Blanchard Enterprises

Iím interested in seeing what other legends you bring in. I just realized I picked the first name in every match, that canít be a good sign