Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tterrag View Post
I've found it to be very large indeed on multiple occasions.

Also it's just incredibly annoying considering there's only a few announcers worth a damn in the entire database.
I would just rather see more skilled announcers -- or there be a benefit to having multiple announcers on the roster. I get it from a cosmetic standpoint in having different voices for different shows, but it drives me crazy when companies have three or four play by play announcers and the same amount of color commentators.

But I agree that more announcers that are skilled (read, Above Average/Strong announcing skills) available for hire would be great.
Unread 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I would just rather see more skilled announcers -- or there be a benefit to having multiple announcers on the roster. I get it from a cosmetic standpoint in having different voices for different shows, but it drives me crazy when companies have three or four play by play announcers and the same amount of color commentators.

But I agree that more announcers that are skilled (read, Above Average/Strong announcing skills) available for hire would be great.
I hope that they can be mentored by great announcers. Similar to how proteges work. It is a damn shame that a rookie announcer with 58 announcing will hardly ever get better from what I have seen.

I don't think I have seen an announcer get much better at all, really. Just a few points. It takes FOREVER too. Maybe I have been doing it wrong or have been unlucky. This also applies to colour commentators as well.
Unread 12-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Super Star

On that note, could we please have guest/replacement referees be rated on their Overess instead of actual refereeing skill? I think the reasoning (and real life examples) are pretty self-explanatory...
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Living Legend

I'm going to be that guy...

The suggestions forum is here.

If you have a suggestion for the game, please at least share it in there - we don't want Adam to miss it if it's only posted in here.
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
On that note, could we please have guest/replacement referees be rated on their Overess instead of actual refereeing skill? I think the reasoning (and real life examples) are pretty self-explanatory...
I thought this was already the case?
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Phenom

I'd like to see the requirement for a ref to be gone from Local feds. When I ran POBYW (and I know other local feds have done it) we counted our own pins.

Obviously it isn't realistic for anything bigger than local backyarders, but it would help save money for people doing the local to global challenges.
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
I play the 1987 mod since I love pro wrestling from Mania 1 to about the early 2000's. My main goal is to learn it back to front and teach it too my 11 year old autistic son. He is obsessed with pro wrestling and I think this is a great game for him to hyper-focus on that may have more positive benefits than WWE2k (add year).
I know this is going off topic, but that is the most beautiful portion of a post I've ever read on here. It makes the time spent on the mod worth it, I'm sure my colleagues would agree. If you ever want to ask anything on the UK or European scene then feel free to PM me.
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
I'd like to see the requirement for a ref to be gone from Local feds. When I ran POBYW (and I know other local feds have done it) we counted our own pins.

Obviously it isn't realistic for anything bigger than local backyarders, but it would help save money for people doing the local to global challenges.
Pretty sure this can be replicated by having the workers be the refs. You may get occasional penalties if you use the same guy as a ref for the entire show (it treats them as "special guest referees") but you can still make this work at micro levels. Same way you can use wrestlers as road agents for matches instead of hiring a specific road agent.
Unread 12-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
This isnít true. The penalty isnít that big at all
Plus they do make or break the show in their own way. Just compare say Kent Walton on World of Sport to Nick Patrick on Deep South Wrestling.
Unread 12-12-2018, 06:15 PM

I hope the gimmicks system has a rework. As it is today, gimmicks make no practical difference. I can create any gimmick and book the worker the way I want and this does not have any punishment. I do not know, it just seems weird. I know that imagination is a point for people playing TEW, but making it affect the mechanics of the game would be interesting. I do not know exactly how this would be done, so this is not going to be a suggestion. It's more about having hope.
Unread 12-12-2018, 07:09 PM

Is it possible to add Stretched Full Screen with the new code base?
Unread 12-12-2018, 09:11 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
I've always wanted to see the financial system in TEW get a MAJOR overhaul. I'm truly hoping this is one of the big changes Adam talks about when he says he re-wrote the code to be able to add more features.
"Secondly, it means that you can always get to the Player's Handbook with a single click. The Handbook is extremely detailed in TEW2020 and also has the added advantage that it will automatically jump to the correct section - so if you're in the Finance section and hit the Handbook icon, you'll not only open the Handbook window but also immediately be looking at the section related to finances."

I hope this is a subtle hint that finances are being expanded. In its current state, it barely needed its own section in the handbook. Its extremely self explanatory. A guy can hope!!
Unread 12-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruleall15 View Post
Am I the only one hoping for an improved AI? For hiring, firing, booking? Not only that but companies hiring both members of a tag team? Im my watcher Dean Waldorf was signed to TCW but not Marv Statler. Odd since both are great workers and TCW needs tag teams also.
Yes I agree with this. Would be nice if we get more companies that kick people out that dont work and aggressively look for other talents without it being too much on both sides.
Unread 12-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcyd View Post
Yes I agree with this. Would be nice if we get more companies that kick people out that dont work and aggressively look for other talents without it being too much on both sides.
Similarly, I wish there was a way that gimmicky alter egos would only be used by appropriate companies. It's weird to see NOTBPW poach people like The Crippler or Sara Marie York, and then suddenly the no-nonsense serious wrestling promotion has a lobster man and a wrestling secretary!
Unread 12-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerful_Fox View Post
Little quality of life improvements like this are what seperate top developers from good developers in my opinion. Doing this shows you are thinking about your consumer base and their ease of use experience at the forefront.
Not to mention that so much time is being taken to carry out a comprehensive restructure of the game. We can all name "leading" franchises that re-release every year with minimal changes.