Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Phenom

Ryback is kinda cool lol. I wanna see where it goes. I know it's weird that I'm down on Tensai but high on Ryback. Ryback is goofy fun to me. Tnsai is supposed to be serious, yet I'm constantly laughing directly at that gimmick.

That said, I'm digging the return of over-the-top gimmicks. I wouldn't mind a few more of these coming back.
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtplaystew View Post
Ryback is kinda cool lol. I wanna see where it goes. I know it's weird that I'm down on Tensai but high on Ryback. Ryback is goofy fun to me. Tnsai is supposed to be serious, yet I'm constantly laughing directly at that gimmick.

That said, I'm digging the return of over-the-top gimmicks. I wouldn't mind a few more of these coming back.
Agree on both counts, It also hurts that no matter how much you explain to me how he went to japan and became a serious ninja warrior....it's still albert.

I don't mind ryback, although i wish they would acknowledge that it's skip. example:

"not much is known about this man!!" uh...really cole? he looks awful similar to that guy who was second in command to one of your more interesting (at the start) stables...

WWE certainly needs some return on the over the top gimmicks....I'm so sick and tired of "every heel is a whiny Douch who runs/cheats when a face stands up to him" and "every face is an butt kicking monster/ underdog" gimmicks.

That's why i enjoy Brock's "im going to kill john cena, and there's nothing you can do about it" and henry's run as a dominate heel no one liked but couldnt stop (his i'm done smiling promo was the best work he's done in WWE)

I also like the idea that managers are coming back a bit. I'm cautiously optimistic on this while AW as a sports agent thing.
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Hall of Fame

ER tonight

Watching?
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM
All Star

Getting read to go to my buddy's house to watch Extreme Rules. Gonna feel real out of place being the only person to not wanna see Brock, but whatever I guess

And according to this, Rey tested positive for amphetamines

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/4...ve-for-details
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Partial results:

Cena def. Brock, Cena got bloodied right from the start. Brock really botched a dangerous looking dive from the ring to the outside. Second time he tried Cena hit him with the chain and busted him open. AA on top of the ring steps.. Quite surprised that Cena won, where will they go with Brock after this? Or Cena? Cena did a postmatch promo and got huge face pop from the crowd, it was a pro-wrestling promo. Says he's taking a break. From a long time Cena hater.. I have to say respect. He got really beat up in that match.

Layla (?) returned and won Divas championship from Bella twin. Really disturbing looking neckbreaker finisher move, really snapped the neck.

CM Punk def. Jericho, quite good match actually. Lots of cool spots.

Sheamus def. Daniel Bryan, liked the 2/3 stipulation, also really good match.

Cody Rhodes def. Big Show, Show stepped into a table and broke it and thus Cody won IC championship. Show slammed Rhodes trough two tables post match.

Funkasaurus def. Ziggler

Goldberg 2012 def. two jobbers.. Really loved the Goldberg chants to Rybak. Deserves them.

Last edited by FINisher : 04-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Rookie

Super Cena all over again??? God, i think i'm going to quit watching WWE. I'm done with them! Cena always wins. it's boring, it's washed up and making Lesnar return to lose his debut match isn't that smart of a business move. I'm done. Predictable ppv in every line and every single match...and the only surprise, Cena's win, comes out when it shouldn't! WWE sucks!
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by akujy View Post
Super Cena all over again??? God, i think i'm going to quit watching WWE. I'm done with them! Cena always wins. it's boring, it's washed up and making Lesnar return to lose his debut match isn't that smart of a business move. I'm done. Predictable ppv in every line and every single match...and the only surprise, Cena's win, comes out when it shouldn't! WWE sucks!
I really hope that you are either trolling or joking, because you sound like one of those teenage/kid "smarks" from other wrestling forums. This PPV was actually one of the least predictable ones in recent years. Plus, people stopped raging about Cena winning in 2008. I guess you didn't get the memo.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Super Star

everything to please the damn kids, this is a repeat of the Miz/Riley vs Cena match.. Cena got his ass kicked for 30+ min hits 2 moves and win.

what a dumb move to have Lesnar come back and lose his return match.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't watch the show. All the matches were great, I loved Bryan getting his little, "I have 'til 5" deal in for his match, and Cena put Lesnar over huge in their match. Lesnar might have gone for a pin early, but he never really tried to put him away and if it weren't Extreme Rules, Cena would have been out for the 10 count 2 or 3 times. Also, if Cena didn't screw up his arm lifting Lesnar in the kimura I'm really impressed. That looked nasty and awkward.

All in all a really really good show.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0shey View Post
everything to please the damn kids, this is a repeat of the Miz/Riley vs Cena match.. Cena got his ass kicked for 30+ min hits 2 moves and win.

come on brock is a part timer who when he comes back will F5 CM Punk and bang he will have his heat back
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Remember at one point Brock did get more than a three count on Cena had the referee been awake. The F-5 when he knocked him out for the second time. Really Brock is still the better guy but I do see the frustrations in that it didn't take much damage to end the UFC badass megastar.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Phenom

Excellent PPV. I thought theOrton/Kane match was a snooze. Beyond that, the promoted matches were all pretty damn good. The Funkasaurus/Rybacck/Divas stuff was just there. Not good not bad. But the big matches were all fairly good quality.

I enjoyed Brock comin out and throwing legit 'bows.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoO...eature=related

Don't come back.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:18 PM
All Star

Seriously a great show.

Probably the most fun I've had watching a pay per view in a long time.
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINisher View Post
Goldberg 2012 def. two jobbers.. Really loved the Goldberg chants to Rybak. Deserves them.
One of my favorite random, unprovoked chants of all time. I first noticed it on Smackdown! last week. Hopefully it catches on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0shey View Post

I really don't get this line of thinking. I mean, an hour before that they did the exact same thing with Punk/Jericho. On Friday, they did the exact same thing with Sheamus and Mark Henry. It's a standard format - heel dominates, face pulls through in the end. They've been doing it since I started watching wrestling in the 80's, when Hulk Hogan became the biggest superstar in wrestling history by doing the exact same thing. But John Cena's the one face that shouldn't do it?

And the dumb move would've been having a part time wrestler squash your biggest star. What are you going to do with Cena? He's no different than the guys Ryback has been eating for lunch if you do that.

Don't get me wrong, on another night, under different circumstances, Lesnar can beat Cena - but not after destroying him for 15 minutes. Cena needed to pull out the win to maintain his credibility. They got their point across with Lesnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borman_48 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't watch the show. All the matches were great, I loved Bryan getting his little, "I have 'til 5" deal in for his match, and Cena put Lesnar over huge in their match. Lesnar might have gone for a pin early, but he never really tried to put him away and if it weren't Extreme Rules, Cena would have been out for the 10 count 2 or 3 times. Also, if Cena didn't screw up his arm lifting Lesnar in the kimura I'm really impressed. That looked nasty and awkward.

All in all a really really good show.
That was my thought too. I really don't know how somebody can proclaim they're done with WWE based on that PPV. One of the best wrestling shows I've seen in a long, long time. Orton/Kane, both title matches, and Cena/Lesnar were all excellent matches. I have no idea what was so predictable about any of it, beyond the normal predictability of a wrestling match(there's only two possible outcomes, it's pretty predictable).

And given what happened after the match, with Cena talking to the trainer and the little speech he gave, it certainly appears that his arm is legit injured. Definitely didn't look like a work. Although Beth Phoenix's ankle injury didn't look like a work, aside from the referee's nonchalance, so who knows for sure. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.