June 2006, Week 3
The Tour Is Announced
Over the next 9 weeks, PDW will be bringing promoting their young talent and future megastars by holding a special 4 man league. Qualifiers for the league will be held at PDW's latest event, The Burning Flame, scheduled for the last Friday of the month (see brackets below) with the winners entering the league. Each person will face everyone else in home and away fixtures, with each competitor choosing the type of match they would like their home fixture to be. Each competitor will receive 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and nothing for a loss. Failing to show up automatically incurs a loss.
Whoever has the most points after this stage will get to choose the stipulation for the final group match against the runner up. The winner then gets a title shot at whoever the champion is and once again, they get to choose the stipulation for the title match.
The qualifying rounds are singles matches and the brackets are as follows:
Mario Heroic vs The Cutting Edge
Frankie Perez vs American Elemental
"Trademark" Tommy Morgan vs Jacob Jett
Flemmy Lemming vs Joanne Rodriguez
Matches will continue through The Red, White and Bruise Tour, currently scheduled to end at the end of August. For more details, check out the website and leave your predictions of who you think will progress and more importantly, who you want to win!
First of all, hello to everyone reading this. I hope you are all enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing it and playing it.
Secondly, I'm looking for some interactivity in this idead, which I've stolen from the diary of c m punk. Make sure you check out his diary too, the Pro Wrestling League to see what he's doing with it.
The qualifiers are set up with people I want to see in the league part of the tournament, but its a tough choice on who to put in. So I want you guys to pick who you think should make it into the league stage. Obviously, Hell Monkey was left out because he is the champion just now. Phenomenal E was left out because he's also a champion and has to defend the belt during the time frame in which the league will take place.
So let me know who you think should be in, who you want to win, what match types you want people to choose and anything else you can think of.
Thanks for reading
I'm taking a few days off from writing this just now since I have university coursework due in soon that I should really start
I'll be starting this again on Tuesday probably, so until then, feel free to suggest anything you want. Its always good to see some feedback when writing this, keeps the motivation going to write more.
edit- Its now the last day of voting before I'll be playing again. If you want to vote at all, do so now or I'll be forced to have some severe vote rigging done. Landslides for all!
Last edited by Derek B : 10-31-2005 at 10:13 PM.
The Red, White and Bruise Tour Begins!!
Live From the Pistol Pete Hall
It feels like forever since our last show even though its only been a few weeks. During that time we've not been idle. Our stars have been training hard, our champions have been scouting opposition and even Sheik Mustapha has cut back on his camel racing to attempt and become a decent road agent!
Welcome back to PileDriver Wrestling, arguably the best promotion based in the Mid Atlantic region. For the next 9 weeks we will be bringing you the Red, White and Bruise tour which will feature the first ever league competition. Its going to be exciting for everyone, not least the PDW stars as they get to choose what sort of match they want. If nothing else, its training for their ultimate goal.... the PDW Championship!
Its going to be an exciting 2 months, be sure to stay here and miss none of the action!
Also, check out the merchandise section, now stocked with our latest (well, first) DVD set of all of the first 6 months of PDW! With some great matches featuring Hell Monkey, The Cutting Edge and a host of PDW stars, its a must buy!
But now, its on to the show! Tonight, we have all 4 qualifying matches from the inaugural league event. Its going to be incredible!
PDW: The Burning Flame Results
- Jacob Jett opens the tour by taunting his opponent in the first League match, "Trdemark" Tommy Morgan. (C-)
- Jett and Morgan face off in a match that Jett always looks to have the edge in. But Tommy comes back and wins at 12 minutes with a Trademark Pinfall. (C-) Tommy mocks a stunned Jett after the match and then tells everyone that he fully intends to win the League (D)
- Out next is Joanne Rodriguez with her trademark shirt-shooter. (A*) She hypes her upcoming match with Flemmy Lemming, saying she looks forward to being the first woman champion of PDW. (C-)
- J-Ro has things going her way, but a moment of lost concentration is all it takes as Flemmy uses a roll up with his feet on the ropes to steal a win. (C-)
- Frankie Perez taunts American Elemental, saying that he's the most dangerous man in PDW and that he's going to win the League. (C-)
- American and Frankie face off in a top notch match filled with all kinds of action. Flying, strikes and the odd submission but in the end, American Elementathen showing his agility to leap into a massive reverse frankensteiner. (C)
- Up next, the former PDW champion, The Cutting Edge is in the ring. He looks as dangerous as ever and says he's going to make an example of Mario Heroic in his qualifier. Once he beat him, all his matches are going to be No DQ. No draws, its all or nothing for The Cutting Edge. (C)
- TCE got bored waiting for Mario's looong entrance to finish, so went out to meet him. After a good match, TCE picks up the fall with the Slice of Life DDT. (C)
Overall Rating - C
Attendance - 753
An all round good show. Nothing particularly bad, nothing amazingly good. And also, no massive losses in cash. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. The fans seemed to be in a good mood as they left, but with these modern fans, who knows if thats a good thing or not. They might just have found something to post to their friends about on the internet.
Most importantly of all, we now have our 4 contenders for the League tournament. In total, there will be six matches for each person over the next six weeks, which should make for some exciting matches, especially by time we get near to the finish.
This is gonna be good........
The Red, White and Bruise Tour continues!![/b]
The Cutting Edge vs "Trademark" Thomas Morgan
Its going to be by TCE rules, which as we know, means its going to be no disqualifications! Who will pick up their first win in the League?
Flemmy Lemming vs American Elemental
This match will be held under Flemmy's rules. Its likely to be something that will show off his technical abilities and counteract American's high flying, but as yet, we don't know! What match type will Flemmy pick?!
Also Rumoured for the Show!
Hell Monkey is expected to be at the show. After not showing up at the last show, he's expected to defend the title, but we don't know who he plans to defend against.
And the Sheik might step into the ring for another match. But don't let that discourage you from coming! the show will still be great!
Make sure you get your ticket, only $10!! Seats Available!!
Its Time Once Again To...
Visit Those jobbers in PDW!
CZCW and WEXXV both close down over the weekend of the DAVE Extreme Double Header. Eddie Peak loses the Brass Knuckles title to Tank Bradley and Eric Tyler defends the DAVE Unified Title in the match of the weekend. Some top notch stuff, its good to see DAVE recovering from the loss of top talents at the tail end of last year.
This tour may have only just got underway, but we're already looking at future talents to bring in. After all, if we've to keep living on the cutting edge of things, we've got to push things forward all the time. We don't expect to bring in any new talents during this tour, but there is always a slim chance that we might bring in people if we need to. But anyways, you don't care about this. On with the show!
The Red, White and Bruise Tour: Stop #1
- With many thanks to Willow for her costume work, Kentucky Bill debuts his new patriotic gimmick and his stars and strips tights. (E)
- Antonio Volpicelli comes out and verbally lays into him, causing an argument as he debuts his general evil doer gimmick. Micky Starr steps in and suggests they sort it out in the ring, so they agree. (D)
- Antonio and Bill fight out their differences in a healthy way in the ring. Antonio picks up the win after using a concealed weapon. (E)
- Time for the League. Flemmy puts himself over and hypes his chances of winning. He announces that his style of match will be a submissions match which will suit him perfectly. (C-)
- American Elemental and Flemmy face off in the submissions match. Flemmy has the edge most of the time, using his technical skills to take advantage of the rules. In the end, Flemmy...... (C-)
- Backstage, Hell Monkey and The Cutting Edge are having a loud exchange of words. Something is said quietly and the two start to brawl, but members of the locker-room intervene and seperate them. (F) Tommy Morgan holds back Monkey and reminds TCE that he's still got a match coming up against him tonight and Tommy wants no excuses when he beats TCE. (D)
- Its No DQ rules as TCE and Tommy Morgan lock up. TCE has the edge in his own environment and eventually defeats the Trademark with the Slice of Life. (C-)
- As Monkey comes to the ring, about to say something, he's interupted by Geoff Borne who makes a challenge for a match. (F) Monkey gives a WTF look and accepts and the match is on. Monkey wins in 11 minutes with a Hell Fire Kick to retain the PDW Championship. (C)
Overall Rating - C
Attendance - 835
League Standings After 1 Match
The Cutting Edge - 3 points
Flemmy Lemming - 3 points
Tommy Morgan - 0 points
American Elemental - 0 points
Another good crowd for the show, only the back couple of rows were empty. And of the rows that were filled, I think they were still paying attention to the wrestling rather than doing other back row activities. Bonus!
And we didn't lose much money. Just down $300 on the show which is easy to recoup in sponsor money and merchandise. If we can keep this up, we might make money again. Excellent!! (air guitar)
The Red, White and Bruise Tour continues!!
American Elemental vs The Cutting Edge
American hasn't yet chosen his match type, so it'll be interesting to see what he picks. Especially since The Cutting Edge can perform in any environment, that has to make him a dangerous opponent!
Tommy Morgan vs Flemmy Lemming
The Trademark has also not announced his match type and he'll be looking to get revenge for the evasiveness of Flemmy during the last tour. It should be interesting to see what happens in this highly anticipated match.
Phenomenal E. will defend the PDW Adrenaline title against a mystery opponent. Who is it? Its a mystery!
And we hope that Joanne Rodriguez will also be in attendance. Possibly even as your own private lapdancer!! (but probably not)
Make sure you get your ticket, only $10!! Seats Available!!