Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-29-2012, 06:14 AM
Living Legend

No, it's not capped. Check on things like ideal roster size, whether worker behaviour is having a negative impact on your popularity, whether you're losing regional battles to neighbouring companies (does this happen at Cult? Can't remember...)

Also, I hate you for getting 5 90+ shows
Unread 02-29-2012, 06:19 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0NTR4l34ND View Post
Is popularity capped at cult level? I've run 5 shows in a row in tri-state that have rated over 90, and my popularity is STILL at 74. I checked, and it's 74.4.

My TV deal is garbage, but considering the show was held in tri-state, it should have made a difference, I'd think. So... capped?
No there is no cap.

A 90-94 rated show in an area where you are at 74 pop will give you 0.2 gain in popularity per show. This is then modified by the state of the economy, wrestling industry, and whether your product is 'trending' positively or negatively.
So if any of them are bad, then your gain will be reduced - hence still being at 74
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampulator View Post
Cut due to length... sorry. By the way, how do you often do get NBT's and Hot Prospects? What is their difference in growth for a month, do you find?
It's hard to quantify accurately. Workers improve far faster when their skills are low than when they get to the 60 range. With my primary QAW game, that's even harder to figure out since the vast majority of workers in development start the game in development (so I don't know who is a NBT or Hot Prospect unless I call each of them up to check). My luck has always had low (Faith McGee, Ashley Grover) or highly skilled (Lauren Easter, Megumi Nakajima) workers show up as NBTs so gauging their development rates would be a nightmare.

Plus, there's the decimal factor. In the above screenshot, Monster Ishimura didn't improve by 4% in several areas. It was more like 3.1% but because her existing value before improvement was over .4, the display rounds up to the nearest whole value. So I can only cite general observations, really. In my other games, the best idea I've been able to come up with is NBTs tend to have a development pace of about 25% more than baseline workers with Hot Prospects being just a bit less than that (maybe 20%). But again, this is just eyeballing around 30 workers or so. I've only had a few games I've run in parallel (one of which is the diary game), which would make for the best test bed.

As for how often I get NBTs and Hot Prospects, that one's easy. I typically have at least a dozen hot prospects on my larger rosters and one or two NBTs (my max was seven).
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Minor League

I'm booking NXT, and it says Tommy Dreamer is unavailable because he's working elsewhere. That's all well and good, except...

-He has no other contracts.
-His calendar doesn't show anything other than WWE.
-I'm friggin' WWE and shouldn't be losing priority to anybody anyway.
-He did a runin on Raw earlier that night with no issues, and nobody else from Raw is missing for NXT.
-Doesn't appear to be injured or anything.
-Contract appears to still be in order.

....so uh, what gives?
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I'm booking NXT, and it says Tommy Dreamer is unavailable because he's working elsewhere. That's all well and good, except...

-He has no other contracts.
-His calendar doesn't show anything other than WWE.
-I'm friggin' WWE and shouldn't be losing priority to anybody anyway.
-He did a runin on Raw earlier that night with no issues, and nobody else from Raw is missing for NXT.
-Doesn't appear to be injured or anything.
-Contract appears to still be in order.

....so uh, what gives?
I've had this happen to me once before. My guess is do you have the latest patch the one from December 19th.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
No, it's not capped. Check on things like ideal roster size, whether worker behaviour is having a negative impact on your popularity, whether you're losing regional battles to neighbouring companies (does this happen at Cult? Can't remember...)

Also, I hate you for getting 5 90+ shows
Meh, don't be too impressed, I'm cheating heavily. 6-7 top workers on a single brand, while the rest of the roster just festers for a while. 30 minute tv show, 20 minute title match and a 10 minute guy-with-highest-menace-demolishes-the-guy-with-the-highest-overness angle. throw the rest in a pre-show 6-man. Just trying to grow as fast as possible because it's torture sometimes, and I'm pretty lazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4590 View Post
No there is no cap.

A 90-94 rated show in an area where you are at 74 pop will give you 0.2 gain in popularity per show. This is then modified by the state of the economy, wrestling industry, and whether your product is 'trending' positively or negatively.
So if any of them are bad, then your gain will be reduced - hence still being at 74
Economy/Industry might be the thing, thanks.
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
I've had this happen to me once before. My guess is do you have the latest patch the one from December 19th.
Indeed I do. So this is more likely to be a bug of some sort than something I missed?
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Low Minors

What are the appropriate circumstances for using the "Overbooked" note? Is it mostly for two poor workers going at it, or does it have some relevance to hardcore or another stat?
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Major League

If I promised someone a Midcard Title in their contract, and then I give them a run with a Main Event Title, will I still have to put a Midcard Title on them, or does the ME Title fufill that need?
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
All Star

Title run promises basically mean "That level or better" so a main event title run will fulfil a midcard title promise.
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
Title run promises basically mean "That level or better" so a main event title run will fulfil a midcard title promise.
Ok, thanks!
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Rookie

Is there a way to held a tournament event?
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nova View Post
Is there a way to held a tournament event?
Only in your imagination - you book a regular card and some (or all) of the matches pertain to the tournament you came up with. However, there are certain titles already in the game (you can create some of your own though ofc) that are set as 'tournament' title only held in a certain month of the year which you can use for your tourney.
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo92 View Post
What are the appropriate circumstances for using the "Overbooked" note? Is it mostly for two poor workers going at it, or does it have some relevance to hardcore or another stat?
The former.

You overbook a match when you don't think the people in the ring can deliver. So you distract the audience with run-ins, blood, and stuff like that to take their minds off the fact that they're watching a subpar match.
Unread 03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Major League

Can someone explain to me how to use each of the road agent notes briefly? I feel like I'm not very good at booking matches, for some reason.