Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
I'll be more than a bit upset if they put the title on Black. Aries is just way too entertaining. Tyler's a good wrestler, but A-Double is the complete package.
Agreed, Aries is much better all-around and a great natural heel.
Unread 01-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderndaywarrior View Post
To me Black seems ok in the ring....ye gods is he horrible at promos though.

Seems like at this point the talent losses at the top of the card to WWE/TNA are really starting to show.
I would concur, Black to me just seems kinda meh. I think ROH has a lot more quality workers, I am even not that high on Austin Aries but at least I get why he is champion.

That said, I have weird taste.

I absolutely LOVE Jimmy Rave who doesn't seem to be that popular.
Unread 01-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Phenom

ah.....poor jimmy rave. That guy got so much heat it was crazy. I have to admit i have not watched roh for a while. But one thing that stuck out in my mind was the toilet paper being thrown into the ring when rave was intoduiced. I still to this day don't know if that was roh doing plants in the audience or the people just really hated him that much. There were not alot of great heels in roh at that time. Rave got super heat.
Unread 01-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alden View Post
ah.....poor jimmy rave. That guy got so much heat it was crazy. I have to admit i have not watched roh for a while. But one thing that stuck out in my mind was the toilet paper being thrown into the ring when rave was intoduiced. I still to this day don't know if that was roh doing plants in the audience or the people just really hated him that much. There were not alot of great heels in roh at that time. Rave got super heat.
Not sure but when I went to a house show in Boston, the fans were throwing all sorts of crap in the ring. So it could very well be real fans.
Unread 01-29-2010, 01:58 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alden
That guy always gets so much heat and you know why because he looks like a peice of **** and is in real life trust me I know.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Minor League

Gabe said in a interview, they actully dident bring toilet paper, the fans had it!!
haha!...but Rave is a amazing heel, and he dosent do that much, and he takes ir real well...if anyone remember the Cage match with CM Punk at Nowhere to Run
To hear all those fans scream your going to die Jimmy!!!
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Minor League

ANd BTW Guys, NEW WORLD CHAMPION CROWNED IN NEW YORK CITY FEBRUARY 13th!!
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Minor League

Just read last nights ROH results and meh. They dragged his big win out for so long that I lost interest in Black ever winning it.
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Minor League

yeah, he was monster over in NY when Aries won it in the three way...

But he might get Davey to beat Tyler or something
Unread 02-14-2010, 11:53 AM
All Star

BOO. I like Tyler just fine, but I don't see him as world champion material. I hope his reign is short-lived.
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
BOO. I like Tyler just fine, but I don't see him as world champion material. I hope his reign is short-lived.
Way to give him a chance...

I'm not Tyler's biggest fan, but I always believe in letting the newly crowned champion run with the ball first.

I've seen Tyler wrestle at the only ROH house show I went to(alongside Jacobs I think?) and I hope he makes a killer with this run. Might tune in to see what gives. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of Aries and hope he wins it back soon.
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Minor League

yeah, i would have liked to se Aries hold it alittle longer, his character is pure GOLD...
Unread 02-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post

I'm not Tyler's biggest fan, but I always believe in letting the newly crowned champion run with the ball first.

I've seen Tyler wrestle at the only ROH house show I went to(alongside Jacobs I think?) and I hope he makes a killer with this run. Might tune in to see what gives. Of course, I'm a bigger fan of Aries and hope he wins it back soon.
I am a tad more optimistic then I thought I would be for Black’ reign. Sure they waited too long to finally pull the trigger on it (should have happen way before Aries ever got the title). But, at least it wasn’t like when Nigel had the title. When they would build people up then never pull the trigger even though they had zero fresh match-ups and a Champion who got injured every other month (I like Nigel, but his health was horrible his entire reign). Though once they finally pulled the trigger you got a short but okay Lynn title reign. Followed by a great (if not a little too short) reign for Aries. So if the trend continues we should be in line for a good title reign, which I expect to be fairly short, as it will most likely lead to then next year plus reign that will be Richards. The only thing that could hurt it is he will be compared to Aries all the time who is a better wrestler and by far has a better character.
Unread 02-14-2010, 08:39 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post

I'm not allowed to disagree with the decision just because it is a recent one? If his title run turns out to be a success, hey, that's great. As I said, I like Tyler, and I'd be perfectly fine with him surpassing my expectations as champ. But at this moment, I don't think it made sense to take the title off of Aries and put it on Tyler. I just feel like Aries is the most complete guy on the ROH roster. I know that, whenever I see him on the ROH TV show, he comes across to me as the biggest star they have.

And even with the praise I just threw out for him, I'm going to disagree with you on Aries getting the belt back any time soon. I wanted him to keep the belt, but now that he's lost it, I don't want him to win it back in the immediate future. Down the road, maybe. I'm guessing it'll be Davey who takes the belt off of Tyler, whenever that may be.
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Star

Tyler started his own blog recently - http://rohblack.blogspot.com/

I'll have to go look for some of his work on YouTube.