Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Star

Default Is there an easy way to merge two databases?

If I wanted to merge a modern database with the default C-Verse is there any easier way than just importing one database into the other? Importing the entire worker file seems to crash the game when I try.
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KucianCarter View Post
If I wanted to merge a modern database with the default C-Verse is there any easier way than just importing one database into the other? Importing the entire worker file seems to crash the game when I try.
Short answer, no.

Long answer.... still no.

When you're importing that much data though you'll need to give it time, the game is adding a LOT to the database when it's doing that, it'll take a few minutes even on a high end machine.
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Super Star

The only other way would be to only import the large areas in parts, but, that's a far less efficient way of doing things. With all the clicking boxes and whatnot.
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Low Minors

And you'll have to watch for duplications - even the slightest differences will give you duplicates.
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by markieje View Post
And you'll have to watch for duplications - even the slightest differences will give you duplicates.
Amen to that. One just one diff spelling mistake or change of anything will give you 2 fr 1 deal
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KucianCarter View Post
I'm bumping this topic up because I have almost the same question. However my problem is not about the time it takes to import the workers file but is there a way to import teams, titles, etc. ? The "import record" button seems to be inactive for such categories. Anyone knows how to do that ?

Thanks in advance !
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Star

No way to. I would imagine it would be because workers are their own files, where as the titles are linked to belts. So, say you imported a file, and it had all the WCW belt history, but, the WCW belts didn't exist, it would give you an error.

I'm imagining that's one of the reasons at least.
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallylost View Post
No way to. I would imagine it would be because workers are their own files, where as the titles are linked to belts. So, say you imported a file, and it had all the WCW belt history, but, the WCW belts didn't exist, it would give you an error.

I'm imagining that's one of the reasons at least.

true but there has got to be a way to import movesets . If you delete a move from a moveset . It just kills the link . The same theory could apply to it . It really sucks to import a guy without his moveset . Sure you got moves but it is not the same
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM

Well, I'm trying to merge the great jhdVerse into the default database... I imported all that can be imported automatically and I'm now trying to type the rest (relationships, teams, titles, etc), thanks to the spreadsheet export.
I guess i'll lose all that's neither importable automatically nor exportable to spreadsheets... which leads me to wonder how I'll handle contracts which are none of these...
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcat123 View Post
true but there has got to be a way to import movesets . If you delete a move from a moveset . It just kills the link . The same theory could apply to it . It really sucks to import a guy without his moveset . Sure you got moves but it is not the same
The issue with that, from what I recall, and bear in mind I have no experience on the coded side of the game..

From what I recall, the workers are numbers. So, say John Cena is coded as 132 in my database, but, when importing, it'll put him at the end of the list, since someone else already inhabits #132.

So, the movesets, moves, relationships aren't listed as "John Cean Likes Zack Ryder" but, moreso, as 132 likes 532. You know what i mean? I do know that much cause one time I copied the relationship file from one database, since it was larger, and rewrote the one I had. While it sill said Cena liked ryder, the workers linked were not the correct ones.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to import that all, and perhaps there is a way to do it with titles, but I just can't see it working for anything else.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
The issue with that, from what I recall, and bear in mind I have no experience on the coded side of the game..

From what I recall, the workers are numbers. So, say John Cena is coded as 132 in my database, but, when importing, it'll put him at the end of the list, since someone else already inhabits #132.

So, the movesets, moves, relationships aren't listed as "John Cean Likes Zack Ryder" but, moreso, as 132 likes 532. You know what i mean? I do know that much cause one time I copied the relationship file from one database, since it was larger, and rewrote the one I had. While it sill said Cena liked ryder, the workers linked were not the correct ones.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to import that all, and perhaps there is a way to do it with titles, but I just can't see it working for anything else.
Yeah, they can't be imported so the only solution I found was to export them as an excel spreadhseet and enter them all manually into the database through the editor. I did relationships, titles and teams like that, but for now all imported promotions are empty and all imported workers are unemployed, I'll have to enter contracts manually, but if they can't be exported into a spreadsheet, it's gonna be a real pain...
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoop2804 View Post
Yeah, they can't be imported so the only solution I found was to export them as an excel spreadhseet and enter them all manually into the database through the editor. I did relationships, titles and teams like that, but for now all imported promotions are empty and all imported workers are unemployed, I'll have to enter contracts manually, but if they can't be exported into a spreadsheet, it's gonna be a real pain...
I know that pain, lol. I just went through and redid all of the contracts for 50 promotions because of errors I was getting. While I was at it, I had to import some more workers, updated almost all of the titles/histories, and even got to add some events. It was the most fun pain in my ass ever!
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I know that pain, lol. I just went through and redid all of the contracts for 50 promotions because of errors I was getting. While I was at it, I had to import some more workers, updated almost all of the titles/histories, and even got to add some events. It was the most fun pain in my ass ever!
AH, talking about errors... Thanks to them, I have just noticed both databases don't have the same starting dates... I have to adapt the jhdVerse accordingly...